Anovos shins

Despite what the Anovos-supplied instructions and numbering scheme says, it looks like you have the halves improperly matched. It's easier to tell by looking at the shins from the back view.

Once you fix that problem, the "curvier" side should go on the inside of your shin to match the more pronounced curve of your inner calf muscle.

Despite what the Anovos-supplied instructions and numbering scheme says, it looks like you have the halves improperly matched. It's easier to tell by looking at the shins from the back view.

Once you fix that problem, the "curvier" side should go on the inside of your shin to match the more pronounced curve of your inner calf muscle.

I disagree. To me, it looks like he's got them correct! The outside halves have a smooth curve all the way to the bottom, while the inner halves have a much more pronounced dip in the curve which matches the upper part of the calf muscle.

edit: you can also tell this follows the anatomy correctly because the inner shells are longer at the bottom.

Edited by Bobo

So you're saying that both sides of the shins should the same length and it's the left and right shins are different lengths?

You are the first and only person who has said it goes that way

Imerial J

As I sit here staring at the photo (and going cross-eyed in the process), you may indeed have it assembled correctly. But it would be easier to tell with a photo from the rear.

The real test is the way they feel on you while wearing them. If you've tried it both ways and the way you have them feels more natural, then you've got them assembled correctly.

• Like 2

Ok guys here is the backs..

a59d8541f2be9d3cfeb643ac7e1786b3.jpg

I haven't trimmed them to size or put the strip on because I want to wait until I get whitch leg they go on...

I asked my local gml which way he would prefer them, but he said he doesn't know?

And how they are now, they both seem to fit comfortably

Imerial J

Ok guys here is the backs..

a59d8541f2be9d3cfeb643ac7e1786b3.jpg

I haven't trimmed them to size or put the strip on because I want to wait until I get whitch leg they go on...

I asked my local gml which way he would prefer them, but he said he doesn't know?

And how they are now, they both seem to fit comfortably

Imerial J

They're correct! :)

Much easier to tell. :)

Yes, they look correct the way you have them assembled. "B" is your left shin, and "A" is your right.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that the longer part at the bottom went towards the outside of the leg.

That's why I'm asking...lol

Seems to me that half the people say inside and half the people say outside...I had hoped to get my local gml to help me, but he doesn't know anything about stormtroopers

Imerial J

That's why I'm asking...lol

Seems to me that half the people say inside and half the people say outside...I had hoped to get my local gml to help me, but he doesn't know anything about stormtroopers

Imerial J

I'm sorry to say there's no definitive answer!

Both are approvable and if you use e6000, there's nothing that can't be fixed if you change your mind.

After much reading, I think the longer half goes inside, which was what TM recommended. But still, there's nothing there that can ruin your armor or your chances at approval.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...