Kaar's Journey to the 501st (AP ANH TK Stunt)

Kaar121

Good news everyone!

75xGALq.jpg

Ain't she purdy?

This came as a surprise as I did not expect this to come until tomorrow. Thank you Brett and Quest Designs Canada. This is one fine E-11.

I did make a spring for the blaster but scraped the snot out of the paint. So, I will post a picture of the spring later. After I repaint the tube. Now since this beauty is centurion level right out of the box I am in no hurry to make the improvements I have planed. But for those who are curious, here is the post with the upgrades I will eventually do.

E-11 Blaster Reference

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/ 

This is starting to get real.  :)

Edited by Kaar121
  • Like 1

So, I haven't painted models for twenty years and evidently that's long enough to forget everything. My first attempt at painting the E-11 was garbage. Thankfully, painting is forgiving.

hEQB58l.jpg

This is just aluminum paint on the bolt action. I'll come back later and give it some weathering detail. After I relearn how to do it. *sigh*

Edited by Kaar121

Okay, so many people ask the same question. Including me. "Where do I start?" Many of the veteran troopers say start at the bottom and work up. I find that to be sound advice. I mean who goes around staring at peoples calf's anyway? Well since my boots are not ready yet and I don't feel like tackling the thighs and garter. I am going with the second piece of advice. Start small. So here is the TD/O2 canister I worked on yesterday.

ZmWRXW2.jpg

End caps. These fit perfect on the PVC tube so I will not be gluing them in place.

UZZ8t8Y.jpg

Control panel right.

24oX5yL.jpg

Control panel left.

5s1U8aP.jpg

The control panel fits perfect on the PVC tube. The gap will disappear when I glue it down. The panel and end caps still have a lip on them that I need to sand off. 

gOl399n.jpg

. . . and the TD clips. I will add white flannel on the back to prevent scratching the kidney plate and I think I will add a bend at the straight end of the clip to prevent the TD from coming off the belt. Either by accident or by freaky little hooded creatures wanting a souvenir.  

nfTfLno.jpg

Edited by Kaar121

Ya, this kit is trimmed more than ones I have seen. The big pieces have been roughly trimmed which is nice. I am glad to have some scrap ABS as I need it to fabricate the air duct to my cooling system. ☺

No that one got cancelled, but I'm doing the parade and the owls game that same weekend

Just as a heads up, the air show on base is still a go, and if you would like to go, just speak up on the Alpine boards.​  PM me if you have questions, either here or on alpine.

As far as the TD End caps, I would suggest gluing one side of it down and leaving the other alone.  That way you can utilize it as a "wallet" for whatever small objects you would like to carry with you without having things be bulky in awkward areas.

• Like 2

Okay, so the rough trimming is done. I hope to have some pictures of the trimmed armor for you to critique soon. Then I will start on fitting the armor.

8RoXjOc.jpg

NO GARY ! ! ! Stay away from the heat gun!

Edited by Kaar121
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

* * * * * * * * * * * * HOLONET MESSAGE * * * * * * * * * * * *

Holonet Message: 20160715-1

Cadet Kaar,

Fabrication of your stormtrooper footwear Model: TK-12 mk D is complete. The footwear is being shipped to an Imperial distribution depot in your sector and will be delivered to your garrison location by Imperial courier on 2016/07/18 IST.

Imperial Procurement Center 1138

Imperial City, Coruscant

Edited by Kaar121
  • Like 1

TK Boots.

pOwTDaY.jpg

I feel like getting up on a table and dancing to "Tequila" by The Champs.

So these are the NEW TK Boots. They are the new width size D. Which are the same as the shoes you get in the store. With the previous size C width everyone would go a size larger to compensate for the narrow boot. I took a gamble and got the new boots in my normal shoe size. The length and width are perfect but they are a little tight across the top of the foot. This should stretch out as I break them in. I would suggest going up a size if you want to wear cotton socks and/or have insoles.

Edited by Kaar121
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. Sorry I have been delayed on trimming the armor. I am getting close. I should be ready for fitting soon. In the mean time here is a little idea I had (I'm sure others have done this). I made some loops out of spare elastic from the shoulder loops to hold the push to talk (PTT) switch in place under my glove.

lWoq4J8.jpg

FhmlyYZ.jpgM9mYS1l.jpg

They work well. Although I can't bend my finger and it wont fit in the rubber gloves. I may try it on my thumb or make another loop to hold it in my palm. Okay, back to trimming.

Edited by Kaar121

Update. I tried the PTT button on my thumb and found that it works great on my right hand.

eoPMfNH.jpg

I know. That's my left hand. It works there too.

o961pkd.jpg

PTT button with glove on. I can't bend my thumb but that's okay since I don't really need to. What's nice is that I can trigger the button by pressing against my forefinger, while shaking hands or my favorite on the E-11.

Edited by Kaar121