And now for something completely different...Anovos ANH Stunt by MadMax

MadMax

51 minutes ago, MadMax said:

So I bought this to take care of the floppy Anovos belt. Stay tuned.....not only do I have an idea, but I have a plan! 

4HBSsbu.jpg

HAHA. Making good progress. It took me about 3 months to finish mine. I started from scratch absolutely no tools or anything. You can check out my thread as well for this kit. There's lots of pointers and tips there. 

• 2 weeks later...

So we all know that the Anovos belt is a floppy mess. The popular fix seems to be to strip the hard parts and move them over to a Tkittle belt. However, this comes with some risk of damaging the hard parts in the process. So I thought there must be a good way to reinforce the Anovos canvas. My idea was to slip some flexible reinforcement material into the belt from each end. Hence the "For Rent" sign. So I cut it like this to get the largest strips of white.

pRKoPbk.jpg

Got lucky that the width I needed I was able to fit 2 in the large white section.

I did a test fit and I could see the color a little bit through the canvas so I sanded it off.

z624qBA.jpg

So then I ended up with two pieces like this

Thv2lSp.jpg

To be able to slip them in all the way in behind the ammo belt I had to slot the ends to fit around the rivets and snaps behind

2eVHEVI.jpg

I unstitched the end of the belt and slid it down inside

Ra5HnwZ.jpg

With both sides in it looked like this

KKss4El.jpg

p5hS7of.jpg

Not too shabby I think. Then I needed to re-stitch the ends and the velcro pads. For the latter I had to poke holes through the plastic to be able to stich it.

IBo2nSK.jpg

kNorDky.jpg

Here is one of the ends all done

10pzcYv.jpg

Then I had to punch holes for the belt bolts

OwjAU89.jpg

Here it is with all the stitching done.

K2Pjo0J.jpg

KnpDHCo.jpg

Next up was to glue the drop boxes in place

pAPD8qu.jpg

9Fx51QN.jpg

Last my patches for the upper holes of the holster attachment. I cut a small piece from one end of the belt when I had it apart for inserting the plastic to make the small circles.

NKy4C3A.jpg

All done!

EwahkOa.jpg

I know it is not perfect and for the amount of work I could have done it the popular way but I wanted to give this a try and see how it worked. One question for the forum. The Anovos belt has a velcro loop pad on the left inside area near the holster. What is it for??

Cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MadMax said:

So we all know that the Anovos belt is a floppy mess. The popular fix seems to be to strip the hard parts and move them over to a Tkittle belt. However, this comes with some risk of damaging the hard parts in the process. So I thought there must be a good way to reinforce the Anovos canvas. My idea was to slip some flexible reinforcement material into the belt from each end. Hence the "For Rent" sign. So I cut it like this to get the largest strips of white.

Got lucky that the width I needed I was able to fit 2 in the large white section.

I did a test fit and I could see the color a little bit through the canvas so I sanded it off.

So then I ended up with two pieces like this

To be able to slip them in all the way in behind the ammo belt I had to slot the ends to fit around the rivets and snaps behind

I unstitched the end of the belt and slid it down inside

With both sides in it looked like this

Not too shabby I think. Then I needed to re-stitch the ends and the velcro pads. For the latter I had to poke holes through the plastic to be able to stich it.

Here is one of the ends all done

Then I had to punch holes for the belt bolts

Here it is with all the stitching done.

Next up was to glue the drop boxes in place

Last my patches for the upper holes of the holster attachment. I cut a small piece from one end of the belt when I had it apart for inserting the plastic to make the small circles.

All done!

I know it is not perfect and for the amount of work I could have done it the popular way but I wanted to give this a try and see how it worked.

One question for the forum. The Anovos belt has a velcro loop pad on the left inside area near the holster. What is it for??

Cheers

Nice work :jc_doublethumbup:

Note: The cloth hole patch was one of the reasons the FISD went with belt replacement for the higher levels of accuracy. 

"The Anovos belt has a velcro loop pad on the left inside area near the holster. What is it for??" To give the belt rigidity in the area. It didn't help :laugh1:

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply ukswrath. If that's what that patch was for that's pretty pathetic. It's not even placed correctly :duimomlaag:.  Needless to say I didn't bother putting it back on.

While I got you I just wanted to say thanks for your build thread and instructions all those years ago now. When I first got the kit I was glued to your build trying to plan out every step of mine. So thank you for that!!!! Just taking me forever to get it done. 

:icon_bow:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadMax said:

Thanks for the reply ukswrath. If that's what that patch was for that's pretty pathetic. It's not even placed correctly :duimomlaag:.  Needless to say I didn't bother putting it back on.

While I got you I just wanted to say thanks for your build thread and instructions all those years ago now. When I first got the kit I was glued to your build trying to plan out every step of mine. So thank you for that!!!! Just taking me forever to get it done. 

:icon_bow:

Glad to be of assistance my friend. Those that came before me and even troopers like yourself today continue to inspire me. Keep up the great work