New (to me) CFO ROTJ armour - Help!

Picked up this assembled kit today - I'm really after advice as to what needs doing to bring it up to 501st clearance (Preferably level 2 at least)

Plan A - Keep as is.

plan B - Convert to the ridiculously cool Shock Trooper.

Any tips and advice gratefully received.

The armour is mounted on my mannequin. Please ignore his jaunty stance :D

Leave it exactly as it is , it's a very nice Jedi suit . And screen accurate ...no shock troopers in the movies .

But it's fugly :D

Well... Looking at the CRL, it meets all the requirements for level two  :duim:

A few minor tweaks for Centurion, such as bubble lenses, shoulder bell padding (where exactly does that go??), fix shoulder straps at back, complete the drop boxes to be closed at back and maybe glue the thighs at back (is this required? They're velcro at back just now)

Cool :)

To me it seems that you like the Shock Trooper look a lot more. If that is what you want: Go for it!

I don't like the ROTJ suit too much, personally, and if i were you, i'd definitely grab some red paint and convert the armor.

• Like 2

To me it seems that you like the Shock Trooper look a lot more. If that is what you want: Go for it!

I don't like the ROTJ suit too much, personally, and if i were you, i'd definitely grab some red paint and convert the armor.

I do :) What shade/brand is it?

Make it into a Shock Trooper, Mark. You know you want to. ;)

I'll leave it a while, at least until i've tweaked the clearance detail for vanilla ROTJ. There's no hurry at the mo, but i'm certainly leaning to the red side!

I do :) What shade/brand is it?

I used Rustoleum Gloss apple red, but I was told by some that it was a bit too light compared to the game. If you can find Rustoleum in the Scotland, that would be best.

I'll leave it a while, at least until i've tweaked the clearance detail for vanilla ROTJ. There's no hurry at the mo, but i'm certainly leaning to the red side!

Good plan. If you do decide to go Shock, you might want to sell off your ROTJ thermal det and pick up a new ANH styled one or borrow it from your other trooper costume -- as this is what the game model has.

It would be great to start seeing more of the red guys cropping up, and I can certainly see it driving a new demand for what was once a relatively unpopular style of armor.

Edited by SolidScrafty

I used Rustoleum Gloss apple red, but I was told by some that it was a bit too light compared to the game. If you can find Rustoleum in the Scotland, that would be best.

Good plan. If you do decide to go Shock, you might want to sell off your ROTJ thermal det and pick up a new ANH styled one or borrow it from your other trooper costume -- as this is what the game model has.

It would be great to start seeing more of the red guys cropping up, and I can certainly see it driving a new demand for what was once a relatively unpopular style of armor.

Cool ;) Amazon sell it here. Carmine red maybe looks closer?

Yup! It's just a touch darker than the red I used. That's what you want right there. :duim:

Excellent - Did you spray or brush on?

There is just an ongoing CRL discussion but no official CRL... Is that right?

Anybody have tips for shimming on these? The biceps and forearms fit - just - but they pinch something awful.

I'll work on losing some weight in the meantime :D but would appreciate advice on shimming, especially with the overlap armour.

I've got a CFO. Love it..but would love to see a shock trooper

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It's a very solid-feeling kit, isn't it?

Still mulling over the shocker :D

OK, i've decided :D
I'll keep it as it is until:
1. The CRL for Shock trooper is complete.
2. I've lost the few kilograms so it fits me better :)

But still looking for any pointers as to what might need done, for centurion level.
I reckon:
1. Needs green bubble lenses.
2. Shoulder bridges need affixed at rear as well as front.
3. Padding in shoulder bells.
And of course, a ROTJ-accurate blaster.

Edited by humperdingle

Mark at CFO will sort you out with a blaster. It's rotj. Go for the shock trooper if possible. The rotj armour is not for those carrying a few extra pounds like me. Had to shim the calves.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Lol, funny you should say that... I'm 6' and WAS 13st 11lbs when I bought the CFO. It soon became apparent that i'd either need to heavily trim the armour - cut away return edges etc - or just lose some weight :D

I'm now 13st 4lbs and steadily losing more. Amazing what a difference a half stone in weight makes! I reckon sub-13st and it'll be fine.

Yeh, I contacted Mark about the blaster and he sent me details. Possibly a Christmas pressie :D

• Like 1