So I tried dressing myself today...

humperdingle

It wasn't easy :D

Of course, I mean kitting-up in my ANH TK.

The wife has assisted previously, but I had real issues with trying to pop the snaps from shoulder bridge to shoulder bells. My arm wouldn't easily cross my chest plate.
I mean, I eventually did it, but can't help thinking there's an easier way than I did it.
All the leg parts were easy enough, the ab, chest, back, butt and belt are all connected, so were easy.
The arm parts, though. Not so easy.
I watched (icestorm's?) video, and he kinda has problems with the 2nd arm.

Any tips on the arm connections? I'm not the most flexible of folk, so that probably didn't help.

Or do most troopers get a helping hand from fellow troopers/helpers.

I'm able to do it. It definitely took practice and I think I pulled a muscle a couple times.  But on the troops that I have been on that is the spot that most help each other out with. Also the thermal detonator is easier if someone else does it.  I will be going on a troop tomorrow all by myself though.  Not the most ideal situation but I will have to suit up alone. 

I have tried buttoning them first and then putting on the torso and sliding my arms through.  That isn't ideal though because it puts a lot of stress on the elastic.  So I gave that up. Troopers helping troopers!

• Like 1

I'm able to do it. It definitely took practice and I think I pulled a muscle a couple times. But on the troops that I have been on that is the spot that most help each other out with. Also the thermal detonator is easier if someone else does it. I will be going on a troop tomorrow all by myself though. Not the most ideal situation but I will have to suit up alone.

I have tried buttoning them first and then putting on the torso and sliding my arms through. That isn't ideal though because it puts a lot of stress on the elastic. So I gave that up. Troopers helping troopers!

I hear ya with the pulled muscle :D I was definitely stretching muscles that haven't been stretched that way before :D

Just trying to get my act together for my maiden troop :)

My arms are all one piece, forearm connected to bicep with elastic and the bicep is connected to the shoulder bell with elastic/Han hook so it goes on like a sleeve. Just one snap at the shoulder for the shoulder bell. With a little practice and doing things in the right order it's pretty easy to suit up by myself.

• Like 1

My arms are all one piece, forearm connected to bicep with elastic and the bicep is connected to the shoulder bell with elastic/Han hook so it goes on like a sleeve. Just one snap at the shoulder for the shoulder bell. With a little practice and doing things in the right order it's pretty easy to suit up by myself.

Yeah, that's exactly how I have mine. Still tricky. Just need practice, I suppose!

Practice makes it much easier! I'm a new TK and having a handler to help "cinch" up the belt nice and tight, and out the thermal detonator on does help, but it's do-able

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While my biceps and forearms are connected to each other, and the hooks hold them to the shoulder bells, I leave my shoulder bells snapped to the shoulder bridges before I get kitted up. It's much easier to slip,the biceps into the shoulders than it is to snap the shoulder bells in place. ;)

It wasn't easy :D

Of course, I mean kitting-up in my ANH TK.

The wife has assisted previously, but I had real issues with trying to pop the snaps from shoulder bridge to shoulder bells. My arm wouldn't easily cross my chest plate.
I mean, I eventually did it, but can't help thinking there's an easier way than I did it.
All the leg parts were easy enough, the ab, chest, back, butt and belt are all connected, so were easy.
The arm parts, though. Not so easy.
I watched (icestorm's?) video, and he kinda has problems with the 2nd arm.

Any tips on the arm connections? I'm not the most flexible of folk, so that probably didn't help.

Or do most troopers get a helping hand from fellow troopers/helpers.

Pop the shoulder bells in before you put on your armor.

Andy

While my biceps and forearms are connected to each other, and the hooks hold them to the shoulder bells, I leave my shoulder bells snapped to the shoulder bridges before I get kitted up. It's much easier to slip,the biceps into the shoulders than it is to snap the shoulder bells in place. ;)

Pop the shoulder bells in before you put on your armor.

Andy

Weird, I was literally just thinking of that!

I put a bit a foam on the inside of my forearms.  This holds in place against my undersuit.  I have never had any slips.  Doing this allows me to put on my forearms second to last, just before my gloves.  My shoulder bells and biceps are connected.  Without the forearms attached to my biceps I have a pretty good range of motion.  This allows me to snap my shoulder bells on.

The added benefit to this is that I can be fully kitted up, minus gloves and forearms, and still make adjustments, put on my helmet, and help others, with relative ease.  Once it's go time I slip on my forearms and gloves and I'm good to go.

Edited by Lucky
  • Like 1

Being a Heavy weapons Trooper, I always need help with a few things!  Even after many, many troops, I still need assistance with those danged shoulder snaps, and I also have to have someone help me with my pack.  The nice thing is that there is always a fellow Trooper around (or a handler) more than willing to help.  Don't be afraid to ask!

I leave my shoulder bells connected to the upper torso setup, which I put on in one piece , then my arms are free to place my biceps and then forearms . <br>

I have my forearms free because they come off first to enable me to get my lid off easily .

• Like 1

I leave my shoulder bells connected to the upper torso setup, which I put on in one piece , then my arms are free to place my biceps and then forearms . <br>

I have my forearms free because they come off first to enable me to get my lid off easily .

Is the whole body connected together, so you put it on like a rigid jersey? Or does it still hinge open?

It's screen accurate strapping , you get in it from the right side , poking your left arm in first, then your head ..its identical to normal except that the shoulder bells are there already . <br>

With un armoured arms , you can reach up to put the helmet on / off more easily ( for me anyway) <br>

I've never needed the biceps and firearms to be joined , they sit fine . <br>

My armour is RS .

• Like 1

I can get undressed by myself but putting things on by myself doesn't work. My wife usually goes to troops with me so she is extremely helpful making sure my belt is on tight and straight. I put on all the armor, side pouches, and she fastens the belt. I put my pack on and get it snug. Once that's on she has to help me with my arms and getting the shoulder bells snapped in place. If I put my pack on after the arms I can't move my arms nearly as much. The pauldron goes on last. Right before leaving the changing area I put my gloves and bucket on. 

My entire upper armor is connected. Chest, back, bells, bicepts, forearms. I put it on like a shirt. I can suit up in less than ten minutes if I've packed the bin properly at home, 12 otherwise. Which is good for parking lot changes.

• Like 1

I can fully kit up myself. Just practice. Once you've done it enough times and made adjustments to your fit, you'll be able to whip it on and off when you like. ;)