FN Belt Box Mod Question

mitcheg1

So after several troops in my FN, I'm looking to make some mods to my belt boxes. The two hard boxes on my right hip are very stiff based on how they're attached. As a result they tend to rub and bind on my thigh. While watching TFA, I noticed the FN's boxes were more flexible. When they run, the boxes flop around quite a bit.

So I'm trying to figure out how best to accomplish this. Currently, I use Chicago screws through the belt material into the box son they are basically hard mounted to the belt. Definitely curious to hear some ideas from this incredibly talented group!

Edited by mitcheg1

Am about to attach everything to my belt over the weekend...so will be very interested to find out... was going to go with Chicago screws (on Jim's armour so the boxes are harder) but recently seen a loop method using nylon around the belt... I know the belt "buckle" is on the left hip covered by one of the pouches... but in relation to distances be the boxes.. is there a set rule?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It may not be a problem but it does give extra depth to the belt which means boxes sit out a little further from the armour and, therefore, shouldn't rub so much.

Having three layers is also screen accurate based on current knowledge available.