BlueHarvest89

Greetings from Colorado Springs

Hello everyone! I thought I should introduce myself.  Have been a Star Wars fan all my life it seems.  Have wanted to join the 501st for the longest time and just recently decided to give it my best.  Let me know how I did!

IMG_5070_zps7uos5el9.jpg

IMG_5072_zpszjufepst.jpg

Hello and welcome aboard.

May I ask how tall are you? You seem to have made some modifications on your armor n

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Hi Luke and welcome to FISD!  Yes as Tolo has asked it appears from your photos that you are taller/larger.  Is that correct?  I feel that your Anovos kit may need some more modifications for you to be able to accomplish your long time aspirations of joining the 501st.  Please keep in mind that the Anovos kit was made for a typical English actor who was around 5'10" and about 150 lbs.  So because of that the kit will need some modifications to make it fit someone out of that range.  Have you reached out to your local garrison?  Maybe you could get involved in an armor party or maybe there would be a member that would be willing to help you with some hands on assistance.

Having said that I will try and help identify some things that pop out at me that you will probably need to change to gain basic approval.  It appears that you do not have a black elastic strap around your biceps.  This will help bring the shoulder bells closer to your chest plate.  After that to help pull up your biceps so they do not sag below the shoulder bells so much you could add a small piece of extra abs inside of your bicep molded into a hook to go around said black elastic strap to hold those two things together.

You will also need to fix the gap between your chest and ab plate.  To do this you should install maybe three snap and straps inside between the two to keep them together to keep that gap closed.

Finally it appears that either your shins are tucked inside of your boots or you cut too much off which is making the odd angle on the rear.  You may need to add some plastic on the back to make them straighter which may also help close the gap on the back as well.

Lastly once you maybe install those snap and straps in the ab/chest plates then you can shorten your shoulder elastics which will make the shoulder bridges cover both the chest and back plates.

I know its a lot but you can do it.  Again I also recommend you reach our to your garrison to see if someone can give you a hand if you feel you need it.  Good luck and have fun!

Edited by starsaber25
  • Like 2

Luke another thing that I noticed while looking over your pics again is your handguards.  The CRL states that they must be placed securely on your gloves.  How do you have them affixed?  From the picture they do not appear to be securely fastened but it could also just be the pictures.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the help! I will work on the suggestions that you made! In reference to the hand guards I currently just have them held on with velcro and elastic that goes around the hand.  I can easily attach them directly to the glove however.  I am 6'5" so I knew going into this that I would need some extensive modifications to the armor.  

Welcome aboard Luke - great to have you with us on the FISD!

To be honest you will have limited options and a ton of work to make it look right, ideally would be to get armor from a vendor that specifically makes larger trooper costumes or at least some parts.

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80

Hello and welcome to FISD.

Edited by 9934

Welcome! I'm a new TK up in Denver with the Mountain Garrison, so I'm sure our paths will cross some day! I'm only 5'7, so we'd sure make an interesting pairing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the FISD!  :trooper: