Questions on new FN Armor Maker

tk9948

Just trying to help people keep from wasting their hard earned money on this crappy recast...........

That's not your job. I appreciate wanting to protect original work. There is a channel for that. LCOG office.

And you still didn't answer the question about your sources of info other than claiming you took a lot of pictures of display suits and whether you used someones suit of armour to measure and compare from / with. I wouldn't be surprised if it was all done from a thousand images using forensic measurement pies ,wedges , and charts but I'd have to see evidence of those in use to believe it.

So, unless convinced otherwise ill have to presume this is a case of one artist feeling another artists work is very similar: both claim screenshots and 501st member input/ influence, both seem to have excellent sculp slash 3d model skill sets, but nothing I've seen screams b copied a directly.

That's not your job. I appreciate wanting to protect original work. There is a channel for that. LCOG office.

And you still didn't answer the question about your sources of info other than claiming you took a lot of pictures of display suits and whether you used someones suit of armour to measure and compare from / with. I wouldn't be surprised if it was all done from a thousand images using forensic measurement pies ,wedges , and charts but I'd have to see evidence of those in use to believe it.

So, unless convinced otherwise ill have to presume this is a case of one artist feeling another artists work is very similar: both claim screenshots and 501st member input/ influence, both seem to have excellent sculp slash 3d model skill sets, but nothing I've seen screams b copied a directly.

So you are asking to see all of my refernce pics?  Give me your email as the file is quite large, You have already seen the wood molds....just so you know your request  is really irrelevant to this issue.

So you are asking to see all of my refernce pics? Give me your email as the file is quite large, You have already seen the wood molds....just so you know your request is really irrelevant to this issue.

No. Im asking if you used a suit of actual armour as reference other than display suits at a public event. Ie, did you build a suit of anovos armour with someone and take pics and measurents from it during the build.

Just trying to help people keep from wasting their hard earned money on this crappy recast...........

Well, i would call that a lie - if anything then you want to have him out of offering them so you can sell your stuff to get the peoples hard earned money.

Please, dont´try to fool the people, you don´t do this for anyone than yourself.

No. Im asking if you used a suit of actual armour as reference other than display suits at a public event. Ie, did you build a suit of anovos armour with someone and take pics and measurents from it during the build.

Wait - using a Anovos suit to make his molds ...... where would that be different from using his suit to make other molds? Just cause one handcrafted his, and the other may have used scans and 3d machining, ....... that´s not that far from each other than the methods.

Exactly. If b copied a and c copied b then their both ...guilty...of the same activities. Since fnarmour says he hasnt copied anyone and the other guy hasnt answered if he had a suit of armour to work with / from ...well if he did, this entire thread is a waste of time. Copying is copying. Sculpting from scratch from movie screenashots and pictures and being movie accurate, awesome. Copying parts on a table and claiming the copy is an original work? Not so much.

Really i juat want to be able to answer the queations from garrison mates of " who do i buy fotk suits from" and so far my answers unswayed from " check out fisd and see who the vetted vendors are."

On 5/24/2016 at 11:47 PM, sylverbard said:

I did help a local guy build his armor, it was a very good size reference,

I did photo his kit.  But that really makes no difference at all, as I hand sculpted from all of the images i had, and NO I did not have a set of armor with me while sculpting.

I sculpted all of these by hand with reference pics, nothing more as some are from comic book and others from video games, so thinking or saying that it can not be done, is asinine.

This is not my first time sculpting armor, I have been doing this for over 10 years, and I feel as if you are trying to spin some kind of blame on me. The ISSUE you are ignoring is that I hand sculpted my molds from wood, period.

QEqfLzI.jpg

ljn4qhK.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

I don't doubt for a minute you made wooden masters. Obviously you have skills.

However, it looks like you copied someone elses work. And are now trying to convince people that someone else copied your...copy.

I think that satisfies the " pot calling kettle black" enough for me.

Good luck with the sales of your anovos inspired self sculpt.

Well, i would call that a lie - if anything then you want to have him out of offering them so you can sell your stuff to get the peoples hard earned money.

Please, dont´try to fool the people, you don´t do this for anyone than yourself.

I DO NOT appreciate your tone, you calling me  a liar! There are a couple other guys selling armor, I don't give a rats AZZ  that they are selling.

I do care if people get ripped off. So if you want to talk smack do it on PM

It appears that not very many others give a damn about that, SHAME.......

Edited by tk9948

On 5/25/2016 at 12:14 AM, Dekard said:

Kevin, here's his chest mold in video.. 

-------------

Using a dremel to drill the vent holes.......The chest mold appears to be a shell, and was probably cast hallow, by how short the drill bit is...... 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I don't doubt for a minute you made wooden masters. Obviously you have skills.

However, it looks like you copied someone elses work. And are now trying to convince people that someone else copied your...copy.

I think that satisfies the " pot calling kettle black" enough for me.

Good luck with the sales of your anovos inspired self sculpt.

That is exactly how I advertised it on the 501st main before I suspended the run do to rumors. ................Again, I used all available references, not  a suit of armor that I helped build, Something that seems hard for you to understand...... Yes my molds are inspired by anovos(Kevin Weir) sculpt as at the time it was the most practical way to make them so that it would fit more than one body size. I could care less what you think as your opinion is yours, All I did was offer the legion a cheaper alternative to Anovos.  There is no possible way of copying some thing when you make it by hand, you can only make it similar it will never be a direct copy.........wrap your head around that!

Edited by tk9948

Further resolution on this can be managed via PM moving forward. The ball is already rolling on the offers of kits being sent out to people for comparison sake and that is obviously going to be the only evidence that anyone is going to respect, maybe. I've locked the thread so that cooler heads can prevail for the time being.

• Like 3