Questions on new FN Armor Maker

tk9948

I have Anovos.

It´s not that you try to protect your "rights" (but i still believe there can be no "rights" on stolen property, and that´s imo for all unlicensed stuff being sold - if it happens it´s just bad luck the maker has to get over), it´s the way you do/did.

I have Anovos.

It´s not that you try to protect your "rights" (but i still believe there can be no "rights" on stolen property, and that´s imo for all unlicensed stuff being sold - if it happens it´s just bad luck the maker has to get over), it´s the way you do/did.

Michael, do you not partake in any sales on this forum? Are you buying stolen property and then proclaiming theft? 

I have Anovos.

You are entitled to your opinion...........If I have to HUMILIATE or Ruin the reputation of the recaster so be it, if you don't like it, too bad. 

The majority of the people in the 501st have bootleg armor..........Anovos is not the be all end all, and they do not own or run the 501st!

Admins Please feel free to lock this thread, I have proven my point.........

Kevin, I looked over your photos. I appreciate your effort and hard work, but honstly, I can't tell anything by the pics you have shown. I can only tell when holding the same pieces in my hands, and only when inspecting the inside surface of the armor.

Regardless of whether or not this guy is recasting your kit, the way you fight this fight is what's most important here. Don't make enemies you don't need. let your integrity, quality and customer service sell your goods. I can see that your armor has sharper details and others can see that as well. We know who the recasters are and they don't last very long here.

• Like 1

Michael, do you not partake in any sales on this forum? Are you buying stolen property and then proclaiming theft? 

I do, here and on other forums.  :D

Before my prop-time i was mainly a modellbuilder, and i mastered several SW resin-kits. Some of them are offered since many years, each with my name on it.

I don´t say noone should do this bootleg thing, i just wish people would accept that it is not their "right". Enjoy what you do, and if someone else uses your work to make his own offers - accept that you have no "right" on it. Convince the buyers with better quality and customer service to go for your stuff, instead of starting such witchhunts.

And if nothing else ..... losing some (sideway) business may give you some more time for your family and hobbies.  ;)

It´s a hobby and it should be fun. Otherwise go and get a license and make it for real business, with taxes and all.

Regardless; If I walk in a bank with the intent on robbing it and there's already a bank-robber there robbing the place, I'm going to show some respect to my fellow bank-robber and go find another bank. or a credit union.

Show some integrity no matter what you do in life.

• Like 1

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I understand how annoying it could be for someone to exploit someones hard work. But if that happens,then it happens. Focus on what can be influenced, delivering on great customer service, price, and fulfilling delivery commitments.

Happy days!

Kevin, given that you are a 501st member, here are possible outcomes:

1. The other party is determined to have directly recast your work without your permission.

* If they are a 501st member, you'll have to press charges with the LCOG. There is not much FISD can do other than ensure it's clear to everyone the history of the armor.

* If they are not a 501st member, the detachment (DL discretion) can ban them from the boards

2. The other party is determined to have created their own work

* No action taken

Tim (DL) owns this area and I'm certain is looking at the evidence.

• Like 2

Regardless; If I walk in a bank with the intent on robbing it and there's already a bank-robber there robbing the place, I'm going to show some respect to my fellow bank-robber and go find another bank. or a credit union.

Show some integrity no matter what you do in life.

I see no integrity there.

I respect your opinion.   :)

...but I think the majority here frowns on someone recasting someone elses work. It has nothing to do with who owns the ip. It has to with sportsmanship. 

What I find interesting is the irony; Disney, the biggest ip thief in history.

Edited by TK4205

Hello everybody. My name is Peter and I am the man behind FN Armour.

There has been alot of lies, threats and abuse posted on many forums about me, my collegues and the FN Armour.com Ltd company. So I thought I would join this forum so anyone can ask information about me, the company or the armour that we make. And they can ask me directly and not listen to blatent lies.

I was given the idea to make the FN Armour as I was told that it is a product that everyone in the 501st wants but it is really hard to get it. So after photos of the armour was given to me we sent it off to the 3D team to try to make some kind of drawings that the mould makers could work with. I see there is 1,000's of really good pictures on this forum now!

It took some time to make moulds with 3 different mould makers, some done from 3D and CNC cut whilst others done from hand done drawings and then carved into wood and then cast into Aluminium moulds. We made a few mistakes along the way and missed some details and made a few parts wrong but the 501st guys corrected us as they know about these things. I also insisted that "signatures" or small deliberate "defects" were added to some of the moulds as I was warned that I would be accused of copying another persons work at some stage.

So after some time we made a small run and then tested to see the reaction and I guess the water was a little hot! That is how we end up here.

I have had many lies told about me and threats to "send the boys around".

Please read all the information that a member has been saying on this forum and on Facebook pages. Please do a little of your own research and then please make your OWN mind up about what is true or is just an attempt to protect his own sales.

FN Armour.com ltd is a limited company registered in Northern Ireland which is part of the UK. It complies with UK law and we cant have "fake" or "Fictitous" companies in the UK. Please goto the companies house website in the UK  and search for company number NI636019. I live and work in Carlow in Ireland but it is a benefit to have a company registered in Northern Ireland as the currency is different to Ireland.

The office is 14 Abbey street, Armagh. BT61 7DX Northern Ireland. You all have access to Google Earth and can have a look on street view. The office is the best looking building in the street and there are many companies sharing the office building. Please make up your own minds if the building is "deserted/unoccupied" it has also been said that the guy that is accusing me of re casting his work had a friend "Pop" around there to have a look. I have an office and I have a factory and I have a home. My children visit me and I dont want these "People" at the place where my children are with their Mammy and come to visit!

The company Director is Miss Lijia Yao. She handled the 3D work as she is a 3D artist and she is Chinese. We have Chinese people in Ireland as well. You can see all this information on the companies house website. It clearly states the truth as it is the UK government website and have a look for yourself.

I am Peter. I vacuum form and I am Irish. I have not copied anyones work. I guess when the armour kit is assembled and it looks like another persons work then I guess we have both done a good job of creating something that is supposed to look like the FN stormtroopers. I am a little slow with these forums and Facebook as it is all a bit knew to me.

Please ask me direct questions and I will answer them as direct as I can. Please dont call me names, tell lies about me or threaten to send the boys around.

Please keep it professional and truthfull!

This armor is recast, he refuses to show his molds, He has been given every opportunity to prove his innocence, but refuses to show any proof, just blowing hot air! I have posted pics in the recast section, Does anyone even look there?

AGAIN Peter O'Tool/ AKA Peter Quigley is a recaster. 

Edited by tk9948

Kevin, if you still feel there is a grievance, please let's use a separate thread. Peter - thanks for posting and being so forward - this has been very illuminating and truly helpful.

• Like 3

Is the photo taken from the house a photo taken with a camera off a monitor that is displaying it via google maps or something? you can see it is taken off a monitor and that a google service has been used (google watermark can be seen). Not doubting anything said here is true or something, but that seems a weird choice, is all.

It is taken from my monitor showing the google earth view of the office. I just wanted everyone to look for themselves to make up their minds by themselves.<br><br>

I wanted people to look at google earth street view and make their own minds if the building looks deserted/unoccupied like someone else says it is

Hi peter.

All i would ask if i was worried about recasting is : what were those original pictures taken of, the display suits or someones personal suit and what are the deliberate errors you introduced to identify your work from others.

• Like 1

The fact is he refuses to show the molds in question. In the time I have been exposing him he has only showed the same pics over and over again. He need to show the Yoke mold as well as the shins and thighs. If he did not directly recast all of my armor he surly 3d scanned it. Again I am refering to the details on the chest. The 6 ovals are all different sizes, they should be the same. the pill box is soft. if it were designed in 3d to make it as accurate as possible would you not want the sharpest edges you can get?

If this needs to go to another thread so be it. The original pics of the kit were posted on 501st main by the Thailand garrison CO. After confronting him he removed the post saying he did not want to be in the middle of this war. Gave me Peters email and I have been chasing him since.

AGAIN, If he did not recast my armor, why wont he show all the molds especially the ones in question?   If he has nothing to hide , I expect to see them all.......

At this point the dead horse has been beaten. The aggrieved party needs to file a complaint with the lcog. If the lcog finds merit then he can sanction any involved members if needed, and the dl here can remove ads and ban users if needed.

Its not going to stop sales in asia slash europe.

My question for the aggrieved party is: where did your pics and measurements come from for your masters and molds?

I don't mean to step on anybody's toes here. I know I'm new, but seriously I can't tell what armor to go with to build a TFA FOTK because of all the mud slinging. I can't be the only newbie either that read this thread wondering what's what.

Regardless, has anyone actually obtained this armor and started building it? 

• Like 1