Info on TKArmour.com vendor?

Hopefully one day this mystery will be solved.  There are a few websites that have popped up over the last year or so that have been questionable.  Tkarmour has certainly gained notariety for their dancing stormtroopers.  And then with the buy one get one deal.  But then there is also stormtroopercity who has what appears to be the same armor and is also buy one get one.  Both of these guys come onto FISD randomly and try and push their product.  When the community asks them one simple question of proof of their molds, they again disappear and never produce.  So I certainly agree with Wyatt that when it comes down to recommendations they haven't earned any trust or confidence to have their armor recommended.  David and the other stormtroopercity guy may be the nicest guys in the world but when it comes down to clarity and the appearance of not hiding behind anything, they are certainly lacking in that department.

Now again, when it comes down to pricing these deals are hard to argue with.  Every person has the right to spend their money how they see fit.  And Mike has made the jump and I guess we shall see if the armor is approvable in due time.

• Like 1

I've had my experiences with that armor (good and bad.) and wrote a report about it here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40067-tkuk-armor-is-it-a-rippoff/?p=536916

• Like 2

I've had my experiences with that armor (good and bad.) and wrote a report about it here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40067-tkuk-armor-is-it-a-rippoff/?p=536916

Great report Danny, thanks for sharing
  • Like 1

Thanks guys... I appreciate the feedback on this topic as I know its an older thread.

I am going to be the fool here and test the waters when everyone is calling shark, lol as Brian said someone has to be the first.

I got a buddy to take the risk with me, We both understand the situation and decided its a crap shoot, shot in the dark but we will know 100% and put this to bed.

I have mixed feelings but I'm optimistic and in this situation I'm willing to try it out and give David the benefit of the doubt.

Ive spent 500$ on worse stuff. I can always turn it into a Zombie trooper if its a hack job or toss it over Niagara Falls in the spring if its proven to be shhyte.

Trooper over the falls in a barrel... that should get some youtube views eh! lol

Ill keep everyone posted on this,I'll do a full un boxing video and a full review of the armor and process.

Proof of the pudding is in the eating, or so they say :) You've made a decision, based on what you have heard, what you've researched, etc and I wish you well with it. I'd love to see some really good, clear photos of the raw kit and kitted-up. Keep us updated on your progress :)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I realize this is an old post, but I couldn't agree more TK41576!! I'm also in the process of researching this armor and some constructive criticism would be much more helpful then the armor bashing.

I haven't seen his armor in person, but I have talked with him a great deal. I even asked him for a sample of the ABS he uses for a color match comparison and he sent me a sample and refused to allow me to reimburse him for shipping costs.

I don't really agree with some of the armor bashing that's gone on here and won't participate in any of the drama. I honestly wouldn't have a problem buying armor from him.

Take this for what it's worth.

And if anyone disagrees with me, that's fine. I'm entitled to my opinion and you yours. I won't take part in any bashing, drama or arguments on this or any other matter.

Couldn't agree more! I've had numerous interactions with David as well. Extremely receptive! Extremely helpful! He certainly doesn't seem like a guy who's trying to hide anything, infact he always seems to answer to his critics and always handles himself in a very professional manner.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

-----------------

You can have a look for yourself this weekend at the Hannover Comiccon.

You can see with your own eyes how good or bad the armour is or what kind of person I am.

20th and 21st May Stand B8

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020
  • Like 1

Hi guys,,,

Ive built this armor now a few times, My experience with the armor is pretty good seeing that Ive had 6 kits shipped to my house in the last year. The first box of 2 was for my sick friend to get him approved to the 501st and he is now officially  TK76101 of the Canadian garrison. The kit was so good infarct that I got another one for myself and 3 other people who looked at, touched and felt that armor, They looked at my SDS armor, looked at the TKUK kit, did research and all decided that Davids kits are the best bang for your buck if you want to be a stormtrooper.

Is it flawless? No, but is any armor? My experience with David and his company has been nothing but excellent. His customer service is the best of any company Ive ever dealt with in my entire life. He is always available...he is always on top of his shipments, and will bend over backwards for his customers. Seriously what else can you possible ask of of a company, Decent product that's accurate at a good cost that has amazing customer service... Its a no brainer to me.

If anyone has any questions regarding this armor... Id be happy to help. I do not work for David or TKUK in any way. Im just a customer.. I am a member of the facebook group for TKUK, where lots of happy members are building and helping each other build without the drama or armor bashing that sometimes goes on in in some forums.

I am again happy to speak with any of you who are on the fence about buying this armor or interested in taking to someone who has purchased 6 of these kits and can speak first hand about the quality.

Cheers guys... and just remember......... we are all just plastic space men.

Hi comrades,

I met David at the ComicCon in Hannover and had the chance to have a look at the armor personally.

When I saw the first pictures of the armor one year ago I said: better don't buy this armor ... but what I saw last saturday was definitely an improved version.

Sure it has some issues. Some details are not as sharp as I would love to see them, and some details are not the common way but I totally agree with Mike (TK-41576) that the armor is absolutely ok for the price of only 300$. (You buy one for 600$ and get one for free).

David is a nice person and I talked a long time with him about his armor and also mentioned the parts I don't like so much. He seemed to be happy about my honest opinion and said that he will constantly improve the armor.

I personally would choose an other vendor but I think for someone with a small budget who is looking for a kit to start his journey to become a TK this armor is definitely an option.

I hope this will help you guys when you think about buying this armor.

Needless to say that I am not related to TKUK and not posting this on behalf of David.

Here are some pictures I made at the Con:

f2dd99d03fe8353cb754bc8bd8089fab.jpg

b4c111bba72176cd8bf59462d1cbdf25.jpg

77b301de56b0daafaa75dcae283fb0f9.jpg

d117d2db5bbd0c03c147affe44573903.jpg

9c348afc106ba6fede876218040b409f.jpg

5255d8babeac23e7f2e18947cb1a06af.jpg

• Like 1

----------

You can see us this weekend at Swindon Comiccon.

-------------------

Proudly supporting and donating to the 501st and Fan Events on the other side of the world.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

• 1 month later...

I contacted TK Armour UK (http://www.tkarmour.com/index.php) because he made the armour for boogie storm and I was looking for some armour that I could wear in some local running races for fun. 

I had emailed him and told him my intentions and he quoted a price and I got him the measurements.

He gave me a time frame and the deadline approached. I emailed him half a dozen times and he finally responded but needed more time. Gave me another time line.

That timeline approached and I emailed him a bunch of times and finally a few weeks later he responded and needed more time.

This went on for a long time. I would email him for weeks and weeks with no response.

He finally said he had it packed in two packages and would send one and a week later send the other. The first package took 4 weeks to get from Thailand to America. A month more of emailing him and he finally sent the second package. 

Both packages are here but there are no arms no cod piece and some other missing pieces.

ive emailed him for a month with no response and eventually got the parts I neeed from RS Propmasters. I have a suit from then already and they had my measurements already.

What he did end up shipping will be nice and will work. But months and months of no communication and only a partial suit. I would avoid this dude. There are plenty of other venders available so no reason to have to deal with him.

UPDATE 7/13/17:

Got a package in the mail with the arms.  Wasn't expecting it because I've had no replies to any emails I've sent for about a month now, but I'm happy they arrived.

Edited by Lowcountrysith