FX Armor

I've been a bit confused on the matter and thought I'd just ask. Is FX armor still 501st approvable? I've heard the helmet isn't but the armor is...can someone clear it up for me? Thanks!

Edited by Ranger

Yes FX armor is still approvable up to Expert Infantry.  Beyond that you would need to replace the chest and back plate for centurion as they are not accurate.  The helmet is no longer approvable.  However, for the price of FX I wouldn't see why you wouldn't go for a more accurate armor.

Sean, 

I was looking into this a while ago, was doing the conversion my self. Ended up shooting for centurion so had to replace the armor. Should have kept it since i went to the sandbox anyways. 

It will need the following:

1. Cover strips added and but joints (doable just time consuming)

2. Canvas Belt. (abs belt may need to be replaced)

3. Ab button colour changes or replacement. 

4. New Helmet (You knew that)

5. Chest plate mods (there is a great thread on this)

6. Updated snap strapping

7. Possible forearm armor mods (Return edges)

8. Possible thigh armor mods. (dont remember the details)

That was the list as far as i knew, another more veteran member may add more to this list.. 

Hope it helps, 

Chris 

TD-42115

Edited by TD42115

To be perfectly honest, if you have a set of untouched, non-modified (still have the plastic belt, incorrect ab buttons, etc.) I would keep it as is for now. Reason I say that is in looking at the Rogue One trailer stills, if you wanted to do a movie-accurate Rogue One version TK, an unmodified FX kit (with an AM 2.0 helmet) IMO looks like the best way to start.

• Like 1

To be perfectly honest, if you have a set of untouched, non-modified (still have the plastic belt, incorrect ab buttons, etc.) I would keep it as is for now. Reason I say that is in looking at the Rogue One trailer stills, if you wanted to do a movie-accurate Rogue One version TK, an unmodified FX kit (with an AM 2.0 helmet) IMO looks like the best way to start.

Good idea

Sean, 

I was looking into this a while ago, was doing the conversion my self. Ended up shooting for centurion so had to replace the armor. Should have kept it since i went to the sandbox anyways. 

It will need the following:

1. Cover strips added and but joints (doable just time consuming)

2. Canvas Belt. (abs belt may need to be replaced)

3. Ab button colour changes or replacement. 

4. New Helmet (You knew that)

5. Chest plate mods (there is a great thread on this)

6. Updated snap strapping

7. Possible forearm armor mods (Return edges)

8. Possible thigh armor mods. (dont remember the details)

That was the list as far as i knew, another more veteran member may add more to this list.. 

Hope it helps, 

Chris 

TD-42115

Hi all! This list is not accurate. If you want basic approval for basic 501st membership here is the definitive list:

• Split kidney and butt plate into two pieces
  • Replace plastic belt with a canvas one 
  • Rivet holster onto left side of canvas belt (cannot be looped for ANH Stunt)
  • Replace helmet (WTF makes a really nice one that will match the FX color)
  • Replace black ab buttons (I have a set if you want) with the blue and grey ones
  • Ensure forearms, biceps, and thighs are closed 
  • Install elastic on the shoulder bell that goes around the bicep
  • Make sure all the parts fit you and don't overlap too too much. 

This thread is a good place to start even if you're not going EIB:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12478-howto-easily-make-your-fx-armor-eib-acceptable/

Post your progress here and we'll help you get it fit and your costume approved. 

Good luck!

-Eric

• Like 1