Story of Your Nickname 2016 Edition

Snaps

Well my nickname isn't quite as emotional or cool as some of you guys, but it kind of just originates from the fact I'm Egyptian. My real name is Omar, so no relation there!! I used it as my steam username and all my friends loved it, so from there its just kinda stuck. Its mainly a joke I guess as practically everyone in my High School is aware I'm Egyptian, so using the word 'Anonymous' is just a bit of ironic humour. I guess you could say I'm honouring my Egyptian heritage with it? I use it on everything but my YouTube now, so its just become my Pseudonym I suppose. Anyway that's my story!!

Sent from my 5022X using Tapatalk

Edited by The Anonymous Egyptian
  • Like 4

My TK number and name go hand in hand.  The unlucky number 13 has always been lucky for me.  Anytime I use it, games of chance and what not, my number comes up.  13132 is an easy number to remember and Lucky easily goes with it.

• Like 3

I was building my HERO bucket and noticed in many of the screenshots from ANH that the brow trim was very low such that there was no white space between the lenses and the brow.  I decided to copy that look and someone from my Unit pointed out that it made me look angry, ergo Sterntrooper was born.

Edited by sterntrooper
  • Like 3

In High School I was really into Ceramics. I was the Vice president of an Open Ceramic Studio Club and my nickname is usually Tito. I had to make over 100 bowls on the pottery wheel for a fundraiser and i did it within two days. My president and everybody else in the group thought that was awesome and Tito turned into Tee-Bowls. I've stuck with it for that last few years.

• Like 1

Mine is pretty straight forward -- I'm a dad living in San Francisco. I've been a Star Wars fanatic since I attending opening night of "A New Hope", 39 years ago. The summer is came out, i spent almost every day going to the theater and watching it over and over. By the end of the summer, we had seen the film over 50 times and knew everyone working at the cinema.

I was always a Jedi fan more than anything else. I waited until my son was 4 until we sat down to watch ANH. I had planned to show him just the open sequence so he could see R2D2 and C3PO. But the second he saw a Stormtrooper -- all was lost and we were off on a new adventure in obsessing over the Empire's elite! Since then, he's worn through 3 or 4 trooper costumes and he become totally addicted to them. (Me too!). I'm so happy I get to share this with my kid -- and get to watch him become hooked.

PS: I'm TK-10415 --- 10 for my age when I first watched ANH and 415 for San Francisco!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by DadintheFog
  • Like 2

Mine is derived from being lazy, when I created a new email address years ago, it was suggested by Yahoo, luckily for me that not only at the time was I representing a friend in selling his original artwork (comics artwork), but I also collected original comic artwork myself, still do :)

And keeping with being lazy, I just added 1968 to it for PS4, where I can be seen crashing, getting shot and generally falling off things on a regular basis.

• Like 2

Long, long ago, back in the late 1980's (when dinosaurs roamed the the Earth and we were all still riding high on RTOJ) my sardonic wit caused someone to refer to me as Blackadder after the character portrayed by Rowan Atkinson.

When this internet thing became big in the early 90's, I used it as a nick and very few people recognized the character. Typically only Brits and American PBS fans.

With the advent of BBC America on cable, there suddenly became an over-abundance of people using the nick. One day I popped into my usual gameing server and there were THREE other Blackadders. The people who knew me over the years always just called me "Adder", so I changed my nick that day and announced, "Ok. I'm online. It's Adder time!"  and all my friends on the server realized the real Adder from the pretenders. ;) 

That was in maybe 1999 or so. I've used it ever since.

Edited by Addertime
  • Like 2

When I was a young tyke my uncle used to do magic shows at birthday parties. He called himself Semaj the Magician which I thought was really cool. I told him I wanted a magician name as well so he came up with Zarlon the Magnificent. Fast forward twenty five years when I stared playing World of Warcraft. I needed a character name that nobody else had so I resurrected the name Zarlon. It has now stuck with me since I started playing in 2006.

• Like 2

mines pretty simple TK are my initials Tonny is my first name. Tktonny has been my online name for most forums, games, consoles for many many years. Seems more appropriate here thou, especially as I have finally decided to get my first set of armour. Watch out RS here i come...............

• Like 1

Well I had noticed all the different screen names and I am a long time british car guy and own a 1980 TR8 so that that Triumph and well Trooper follows it well. The 8 is from the TR8 I own. I like the abbreviation of TT8 also sounds kind of technical. It just rolls off the tongue!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm studying to be a Chiropractor and and Chiro is short for it. Unfortunately the jokers at Redback Legion thought it looked too similar to the word Churro, so now I just get called Churro instead... :)

• Like 3

My online name came while in the US Air Force. I was a weather forecaster and Xbox had just launched its live service (pre-international release). So being the "highly creative" individual that I am I used two weather terms.

Vortex for the rotation of elements (air, various indexes, etc) and 5 for the proximity circle surrounding areas of responsibility (warnings, watches,and all that jazz).

I received several offers to buy my gamertag and that caused me to like it more. It's still mine on Xbox and the basis for the rest. Since then I've had to add a few numbers on new sites and the 12 just works out.

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My first username when I first got online was Thor. Turned out everybody and their uncle was using Thor, so I had to change it, but I was stubborn and stuck in a trend so I was trying to think of another Norse name... I had just recently read Eaters Of The Dead by Michael Chrichton, which was adapted into the film The 13th Warrior starring Antonio Banderas, which was really just a re-imagining of Beowulf. I loved the character of Buliwyf (pronounced Bull-Vie) and decided that would be my new user name... but I goofed when I made my Youtube channel and misspelled the name.... So from then on I was Buliwif (pronounced Bully-Whiff)

• Like 1

For the past decade I have been building a 100% scale flying replica of a WW1 German Fokker Triplane.  When I'm not trooping or working, military aviation is my other passion ! the number 210 is just a special number for me! Hence, fokker210 !

2q80wmf.jpg

Edited by fokker210
  • Like 6

My username that I use pretty much everywhere, basically describes me as a person. The first part Dark reflects both my dark sense of humour, and my general shyness meaning I prefer to lurk in the shadows in some situations. Blitz comes from the moments I suddenly come out of my shell, to fiercely defend others when I feel that they are being treated poorly or unjustly. Also, both words put together make a witty little name when you consider Blitz comes from the German word for lightning.

• Like 1

MAN these are great stories!!

My first was El Pablo (the Paul) which was a play on El Diablo (the Devil). I'm actually a passive and nice person. Then I started thinking about what is want on my gear after I'm 501st approved. So i went with my last name, Strength.

Yes...yes, it is my actual last name. Works pretty great.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

MAN these are great stories!!

My first was El Pablo (the Paul) which was a play on El Diablo (the Devil). I'm actually a passive and nice person. Then I started thinking about what is want on my gear after I'm 501st approved. So i went with my last name, Strength.

Yes...yes, it is my actual last name. Works pretty great.

That is a pretty great name. One of the interesting ones I ran into at work was McDoom. I later found out that the prefix "Mc" meant "son of", so I literally came across the The Son of Doom, one day. Go figure.

My nickname is pretty simple, I make seating furniture for local churches.

I'm joking of course. The nickname is as simple and uninspired as it sounds. It's just a sound effect a kid might make to simulate blaster fire noises.

• Like 2

This...is amazing. Ha ha, a very much has a double meaning between the Blaster sounds in the pews in a church.

I actually have ties to the Hamilton Clan, and what you found out is absolutely true. That's actually pretty clever of them.

That is a pretty great name. One of the interesting ones I ran into at work was McDoom. I later found out that the prefix "Mc" meant "son of", so I literally came across the The Son of Doom, one day. Go figure.

My nickname is pretty simple, I make seating furniture for local churches.

I'm joking of course. The nickname is as simple and uninspired as it sounds. It's just a sound effect a kid might make to simulate blaster fire noises.

• Like 1

I'm assuming you've probably seen a little movie called Goonies. Well Sloth was my favorite character. He goes to save his buddy Chunk on the pirate ship and tears open his shirt to reveal the Superman logo. Hence SupRsloth. Sloth love Chunk!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 4