Tampa Bay LibCon 2016

The Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library system invited The 501st Legion to participate in their First Annual Tampa Bay LibCon.  It was held at the Jimmie B. Keel Library in Tampa, on Saturday, May 7, 2015. 

Besides being my 22nd Wedding Anniversary and the day before Mother's Day, it was also Free Comic Book Day and our squad had 12 different events scattered across four counties.  Therefore, I ended up being the only representative of the Empire for the morning shift. The afternoon shift had an X-Wing pilot and Clone Trooper.  I felt compelled to troop this alone because our invite was because I TK'd a Library troop for TFA release back in December with mkjava as an officer.   My daughter handled and photographed.

Here's how the day went...

Since the closet wasn't cramped with other troopers getting ready, I actually was ready 5 minutes early and had to wait for the doors to open!

3q797VN.jpg

I monitored the entry line and found this sweetheart.  I loved her smile!

kr6vx06.jpg

Walking around, I found our Boss.  I tried to look so formal, but he didn't even notice me.  Vader just wasn't himself that day.

w4eESoe.jpg

I wandered around maintaining order and I found a droid.  But it wasn't the droid I was looking for!

RpGVhva.jpg

I even found an imposter...  If the stripes were blue, it would be hard to tell us apart!

LvXnOKB.jpg

I volunteered at the Help Desk, but I was actually using their computer to look for the droids!

mOsrn1g.jpg

More surveillance and I found a local citizen

MORv1nh.jpg

Then, right in the middle of the Library, this thing just appeared out of nowhere!

MLs6Plu.jpg

Hey! How do you start this thing?  Hey, this is pretty big inside!

Cz0aVdG.jpg

Vader was being very cordial for photos with locals.

HSYqQ85.jpg

I even tried to be a Super Hero!  But, I don't think red is my color...

L5iytLQ.jpg

I tried everything I could do to make people smile. I think that is #2 on this mission, after being loyal in representing the Empire!

No, I don't know Who that guy was!

ICvuv2z.jpg

TK-50297 proudly reports that everything was under control at this deployment!  Thanks for looking!

yqfmv8u.jpg

Now, let see...  Where should I go next?  What's this?  All future travel excursions to Alderaan are cancelled indefinitely??  Oh Well...

J2ldLJU.jpg

Edited by wingnut65
upd links
  • Like 3

I forgot to mention...  I almost got a demerit for not obeying the posted Library rules, even though I was quiet all day!

Sorry, Boss!

WGNh7eR.jpg

Edited by wingnut65
  • Like 4