First Order Options!

I know there are very very few vendors and makers of FOTK kits, but I want to know where I can get the kits. I know Anovos had special kits for a few Legion members. That's out of the question of possibility I know.

Only way I know of getting it is from Jim. But I want to look at all my options before I buy. Anybody know where else I can get FirstOrder looks?

(Yes I do know FOTK is harder to do than normal OT kits)

I just LOVE First Order looks. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As you know, there is a supplier - FNArmor - but there is a lot of discussion about that vendor at the moment. Who knows how it will turn out.

Other than that I haven't seen much else reported. There appear to be some local providers but that will require some digging.

I supply FO Belt Kits and most purchasers so far have Jim's kit, which seems to suggest there's not much else out there.

Edited by JAFO

TheRPF website it's a forum, you can pm him there. In order to purchase from him you would need to get a premium membership to that site though which is kinda steep unless you plan on buying from people there alot

Alex, you don't need to be a premium member at TheRPF.  I solely use it at this point except to PM Jim and check on my position in the casting list. 

A lot of prop builders are going into hiding. Wise decision.

I saw on the Mrs. facebook page that the FN armor is surrounded in controversy, but as of yet, I have not heard of who's work was recasted.

Recasting is a multi-faceted thing...

Basically when you see/hear people talking about something being recast, it amounts to stealing. 

The physical act of recasting is simply taking a piece of armor and making a copy of it - say that I broke one of my shins, and I know another member who has the same armor kit, so we take his shin, and make a copy of it so that I have a full and basically matching kit again.  This would be less of a concern for people than what I'm about to talk about.

Recasting, where people start to get angry about it is making that copy, and selling it as your own work.  My armor is a fan-sculpt that tailors to taller troopers.  There aren't as many options out there for taller members, and they usually have a long wait because they're kind of specialized in that regard.  If I took my kit, and recast it and then offered kits for sale, that's stealing someone else's work and selling it as my own.  That's where it becomes what is synonomously associated with the negative term "Recasting." 

Most of the time, they are less accurate because it is a physical copy of something else.  Imagine taking some play-doh and wrapping a Star Wars figure (an old one from the 80s) with it, and then filling that up with resin.  You'd lose details during the process.

I've been working on my own parts. Don't know if I'll ever finish. Curious to know how many people will call it a recast. Funny part is, there is nothing available right now that is worth recasting.

I find it humorous that KW made something for a licensed distributor, something not very accurate, cleans up what he's made for them and starts selling it as "KW". I think we should just let the whole recasting bit go, that is unless everybody is made to follow the same rules.

I've been working on my own parts. Don't know if I'll ever finish. Curious to know how many people will call it a recast. Funny part is, there is nothing available right now that is worth recasting.

I find it humorous that KW made something for a licensed distributor, something not very accurate, cleans up what he's made for them and starts selling it as "KW". I think we should just let the whole recasting bit go, that is unless everybody is made to follow the same rules.

I think you have your Kevins confused. As far as I know only KB makes fotk not KW.

The actual sculpting by KW for licensed manufacturer is another story though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

But don't you need to be a "premium member" to initially make the transaction though?

Correct Alex. I just created a basic account there after seeing Clint's link of the FOTK Resources page.

Correct Alex. I just created a basic account there after seeing Clint's link of the FOTK Resources page.

For me that $34.99 a year is pretty expensive just to buy one kit, I couldn't afford to buy anything else after saving up for the kit to justify making the membership worth buying lol

I think you have your Kevins confused. As far as I know only KB makes fotk not KW.

The actual sculpting by KW for licensed manufacturer is another story though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Truth. sometimes I get my Kevin's confused. I knew KB was working on one, but I didn't know if he was doing a run or not. 

• Like 1

For me that $34.99 a year is pretty expensive just to buy one kit, I couldn't afford to buy anything else after saving up for the kit to justify making the membership worth buying lol

Alex, I didn't have to pay anything for a basic membership.

I never knew that there were that may of us Kevin's around...lol

• Like 1

I just PM'd Jim on RPF and got on the waiting list. Not sure if it's 501st approved but he did post this on RPF:

Hello from First Order TK82480!!! Whooohooo!

There are folks selling on Amazon or etsy and those vendors have confirmed it is a recast of Jim's work (also posted by Jim on RPF)

Recaster Alert: Furry Props on etsy selling recasts of my TFA armor

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=254228

Edited by abravarro

No, it isn´t. No kit is.

You can buy any expensive and accurate kit, if you build it not good enough ..... no approval.

Buy another kit (or the same) and build it good ...... you can be approved.

Haha. I actually updated my post moments after you quoted me. I realized no armor is so I reworded what I said. Thanks Edited by abravarro