Box packing 25 Gallon Husky

Hi all - so I have a 25gallon husky box, and while I can squeeze everything in (except bucket) looking for any tips on how other troopers pack their gear. I have to squeeze it shut a bit, placing pressure on the armor which makes me nervous...<br><br>

----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I have the same one. I've used it for seven troops so far, and yes, there is a "little" pressure to close it, but no more than 1/4" of movement. As I learn placement, I bet I will be able to get it closed with no resistance issues.

Here are a few pics of the loaded box:-----------

Basically, I have the forearms inside the shins, inside the thighs, inside the lower torso (ab/kidney/posterior). Since the forearms are permanently attached to the biceps, those hang out into the open portion of the box, to be surrounded by boots and the chest/back plate, which are separated. The belt goes at the other end of the box (near the posterior plate).

If there are more pics/other questions, let me know and I'll take some better photos.

Hope that helps!

Oh, and for reference... the 50 gal box does not fit into my car without a LOT of awkward shoving, so I thought it better to go smaller and carry the helmet separately in its own bag.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

I have my arms completely attached with glued in elastic. I collapse the shoulder bell so it basically covers the whole bicep, then fit that inside the shin, the shin inside the thigh. I unsnap my right chest to back elastic so the rest of the torso is a clamshell. I put the right leg first and the left leg goes next to it but facing the opposite direction. I usually unsnap my belt and fit it towards the back of the box. I can fit my armor, boots, blaster, pauldron, pouches, and repair items in my 25g no problem. Yes, it does push squish the armor some but not enough to cause any cracking. I lined my box with SW fleece fabric and I usually put my pauldron and undersuit on top of the armor before I close the lid. 

I unsnap and slide my forearm into my bicep/shoulder. I slide them all into the shin and then into the thigh. I can slide the end of my blaster into the end of the open forearm and set the whole thing on the bottom of my bin. I put the other group of pieces next to the first, but in reverse direction. Over top, I place my butt plate, curving the sides between the thighs and the side of my bin.  Then comes the Ab plate, a towel to protect the button paint, then my back piece and finally the chest piece, being very careful of the shoulder bridges.

At the end of the bin, above the blaster, I put my shoes, TD, Zip-lock back of repair kit stuff and a stuff bag that I have all my soft pieces, gloves and hand guards. Across the top and into the side comes my belt and holster.

Now that I am writing this, I really need to take pix and post a process.  I can fit all my suit, minus bucket, into the smaller Sterilite 23-gallon foot locker.

• Like 1