TK-3846's First Order Stormtrooper

Tai

Hello folks!

I thought about it for some weeks, if I should start my own build thread. Well, I can tell, that I'm a noob on such things like building a set of armor. :lol: (This will be my 2nd set I build for myself and hopefully my first that I don't scrap. XD) So, this is a bit embarrassing for me...

But now, I'm just starting this thread.

Currently, I have finished my armor about 50% and it runs fine so far.

Soon, I post the first pics.

See ya!

Rest of trimming work.

026.jpg027.jpg028.jpg029.jpg030.jpg031.jpg032.jpg033.jpg034.jpg035.jpg036.jpg037.jpg038.jpg039.jpg040.jpg041.jpg042.jpg043.jpg044.jpg045.jpg

046.jpg047.jpg
048.jpg049.jpg050.jpg051.jpg

Armor after trimming.

052.jpg

The last bit of plastic, I had sanded away instead of cutting directly to the outlining.

Next step: Gluing the parts together!

The first parts, I was gluing were the forearms and the DT.

Here the forearms:

054.jpg053.jpg055.jpg056.jpg

Here comes the doctor. :laugh1:

058.jpg059.jpg060.jpg061.jpg062.jpg063.jpg064.jpg065.jpg066.jpg067.jpg068.jpg069.jpg070.jpg071.jpg072.jpg073.jpg074.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

Finished:

077.jpg078.jpg079.jpg080.jpg081.jpg082.jpg083.jpg084.jpg085.jpg

086.jpg

Forearms ready for filler and paint.

First parts I finished and they're looking good. Not, what I suspected. Actually the base plates fits quite perfect. (Pretty snug.)

• Like 2

Thermal Detonator:

087.jpg088.jpg089.jpg090.jpg091.jpg092.jpg093.jpg094.jpg095.jpg096.jpg

097.jpg

Inside after gluing.

098.jpg

Finished. But as you can see, the top section is broken. Anovos should redesign the base plate a bit. (Or it is just me.)

099.jpg100.jpg

101.jpg102.jpg103.jpg104.jpg

105.jpg

I decided to rebuild the broken section with glue. Aplied on painters tape, put on the gap, turn upside down and let cure.

106.jpg107.jpg

After cure time remove painters tape. Finished again and ready for filler.

108.jpg

109.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but it could be possible, that the return edges on the left and right side of 10D are supposed to be NOT cut of. My gaps are like the same shape they was. And this would explain these little indents left and right of the base plate.

What do you think?

Edited by Tai

• 2 weeks later...

Next one are the tighs. But they will be my next post. This time it is just only a preview of that, what I did at weekend. The first test fitting of the "whole" armor. Actually before I apply the putty during the next days. Gaskets were shipped last week, so the parts looks pretty oversized and I can't do much during the wait time. :(

first-order-test-fitting-front.jpgfirst-order-test-fitting-back.jpg

What do you think? For the second (and first not scrapped so far) armor, it looks pretty good, I think. I'm pleased with the results so far.

The First Order C3PO, lol. :laugh1:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chest Plate:

139.jpg140.jpg141.jpg142.jpg143.jpg

144.jpg

Finished resin center update.

145.jpg

Even without glue, it sits pretty well.

Inside:

146.jpg

Outside:

147.jpg

With glue and flash light.

148.jpg149.jpg150.jpg

151.jpg

152.jpg

Finished (Outside):

153.jpg

Finished (Inside):

154.jpg

Seam needs fine tuning, but finished:

155.jpg

Ready for filler and painting.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, Walter. I don't think, that my build is that good. But it should work for troops. :P

You do a great job at your build btw..

Shins:

156.jpg

157.jpg

158.jpg

159.jpg160.jpg

161.jpg

162.jpg

163.jpg

164.jpg

165.jpg

I also heat bended the gluing tab into the box indents for a bigger surface (= more gluing strength).

166.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks! :)

Yeah, right? I originally planned to finish my armor for April / May because I had my first troop there for this year. :(

After that, I lost 2 more troops as a FOTK and it looks like that I will miss the next in three weeks, too. That's so terrible, if you want troop with others as a FOTK (or the only one as that), but you can't..

Anyone else with this kind of situation?

Another problem is, that I could probably finished my armor already, if I wouldn't do the modding work for more screen accuracy (or better overall look) or at least I would have painted it.

Edited by Tai

• 3 months later...

Well, well. Made my last post a long time ago. Problems at work, some time in hospital and the holidays. I hope, I can now start building again. :smiley-sw013:

But before I do, I need to confirm that I did it unterstand it the right way. Option B is the deal instead of Option A for the step details on the biceps, right? Or something else I miss?

step-detail-example.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello Christian, I'm wondering what do you plan to do about painting the armor?    I'm stuck with either getting it professionally painted or doing the spray can method.

I think, I'll do it professionally.

At the moment, I'm doing the final work before I can paint the armor. (Helmet moding and getting the tricky parts sanded. :rolleyes:)

Actually, I was already at my neighborhood painter months ago. He'll use some special paints, I wouldn't get at any shops. That alone is already a big plus.

On the other side, if I would paint it by myself, I would need one year or two more for finishing my armor, because I would never get it properly. XD

But some smaller parts I will do by myself at a later time. The pauldron or the blaster for example.

I should post some pics after the long time, shouldn't I?

I hope, I can do it within the next days. :P