T-Track; where can I buy them?

SheaJeff

Accurate, but completely overpriced - Gino

As accurate as Ginos but a way better price - Roy (http://wannawanga.com/shop/)

Not completly as accurate as the 2 above, but still very nice and priced for budget builds - Marv

Additional Todds costume (http://www.toddscostumes.com/costume-supplies/star-wars-prop-builders-supplies/) has some, but theirs i never have seen in real.

You can also make them from straight strips of ABS, glued into a T-section and sanded round at top part. Look for Kevin's E-11 pipe build thread :)

• Like 1

Has Roy, been to the archives? no

Has Roy ever handled any real screen-used props with screen-used t-track on them? no

Did Roy take dimensions off of real screen-used t-track to make his? no

Did I do all of those things? yes

Is my track more accurate than Roy's because of that? yes

Is Roy's a cheaper alternative for those not needing their track to be 100% accurate or not made from original dimensions? yes

In my opinion, is it worth it to spend a little more to have 100% accurate t-track on your valued props? absolutely

Edited by GINO
  • Like 1

Well, you would say alot to sell your stuff - well fitting to the EFX team.

Having seen things does not say your REPLICATION is better than another - or is your next argument they gifted you a piece frm a saber, blaster, whatever ..... that you handed to the extruding company, to enable them to make the dies for extruding?

Having seen them, measured it (how did you do that to ensure measurement of that shape is completly accurate) is not neccessary better than when a professional works from pics.

As usual a lot of hot air to muddy the water and impress the new and/or naives, but no proof.

• Like 1

Having seen them, measured it (how did you do that to ensure measurement of that shape is completly accurate) is not neccessary better than when a professional works from pics.

lol!

No matter how much you dislike me personally, doesn't change that his are not as accurate.

100% screen accurate is so hard and also next to impossible. There are so many variations of these props to begin with. I guess if I were to obtain a real Sterling along with m38, hengstler eagle than I would keep going and get the most accurate t tracks proven to be so. Most of us are building resin kits anyway. Others are scratch building or toy modifying. Very few have gone all the way with 100% real parts. And besides that, how can we build 100% accurate power cylinders. These were a made part to begin with. A real mpp or graflex can be another story but still varies.

• 1 year later...
On 5/9/2016 at 2:32 PM, GINO said:

lol!

No matter how much you dislike me personally, doesn't change that his are not as accurate.

Prove it for once. I can claim that I purchased one of the screen used blasters from any of the auctions over the years and compared all of the t tracks, and this is not true, but without the photos or some other proof, they are just claims, and aggressive ones at that, not in the spirit of this website. You have repeatedly refused to backup the claims you make, which I DO NOT DENY MAY BE TRUE BEYOND ANY DOUBT, but you need to back it up to make such bold claims. It's just not right. It's like believing Trump is swiftly furthering plans for a solar panel covered see-through wall that will only be aesthetically pleasing from the US side of the border without seeing the plans. There are elements that inherently bring up questions about these claims and it is only fair to the sellers whose products you claim are inferior to back it up with evidence, not just more rants claiming the same thing over and over, that yours are better because they're better. That is called circular reasoning. Again, I have NO DOUBT YOU TELL THE TRUTH, but it must be verified. 

I'm not sure Gino-Bashing is the way to go here . 

Gino has been to the lucasfilm archive and seen the real props...so why wouldn't he build exact replicas ? 

Get a grip guys, his are the most accurate . 

You pays your money, you takes your choice . Simple . 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 6:03 AM, Lichtbringer said:

Accurate, but completely overpriced - Gino

As accurate as Ginos but a way better price - Roy (http://wannawanga.com/shop/)

Not completly as accurate as the 2 above, but still very nice and priced for budget builds - Marv

Additional Todds costume (http://www.toddscostumes.com/costume-supplies/star-wars-prop-builders-supplies/) has some, but theirs i never have seen in real.

This is the money post right here.  Rob is also right that GINO bashing gets nothing.  What counts is to look against the screen caps as best we can.  ANH space packs are the same - all we have is a few behind the scenes photos which don't show everything. 

• Like 1

Adding to your comment Paul, I believe the ability to extract relatively accurate dimensions from a decent photo or scans with minor input is here. Technology has come along way just in the last 10 years. If you have the $ and hardware replicating is as easy as 1,2,3.

Hi guys, kalkamel (SL-2320) from Malaysia Garrison here. After months of searching, I recently found a old hardware store in Malaysia that still carried vintage brown t-tracks from 30-40 years ago in stock. I have shared this find with the folks at The RPF and the Graflex Addicts Support Group on Facebook and have also opened up sale threads in those forums. These are FOUND ITEMS, not reproductions. I admit they're not 100% accurate as Gino's or Roy's (the center profile, although tapered is slightly thinner) but they're the closest found vintage tracks available anywhere at the moment. Base width is accurate at 12mm.

I've asked Holnave, a member of my Garrison to help open a sale thread here for them in FISD since I've only just registered and don't have access to post in that section yet. They're in limited supply at the moment and once they run out, you wouldn't be able to get them anywhere else.

In any case, feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the tracks. Thanks!

Edited by kalkamel
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 26.9.2017 at 10:58 PM, Rob .T . said:

I'm not sure Gino-Bashing is the way to go here . 

Gino has been to the lucasfilm archive and seen the real props...so why wouldn't he build exact replicas ? 

Get a grip guys, his are the most accurate . 

You pays your money, you takes your choice . Simple . 

The answer is simple.

He has seen them, maybe even had them measured with calipers, but for sure they did not allow him to disassemble them and take a piece home.

There is no way with the simple tools he was able to use in that days to reproduce their complex shape accurately (in a way it´s as good as he says, when denying that others might be better).

Newer technology is easy able to do that job better from pics than, at his time, with calipers (or maybe he only used a ruler?), esspecially when someone does this as a fulltime job.

So, nonetheless i don´t like him and his behaviour, i don´t believe his accuracy statements. I´m no costumer, i´m a prop collector - and if i would believe him i would buy his, no matter how much i dislike him. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2017 at 6:51 AM, ukswrath said:

Adding to your comment Paul, I believe the ability to extract relatively accurate dimensions from a decent photo or scans with minor input is here. Technology has come along way just in the last 10 years. If you have the $ and hardware replicating is as easy as 1,2,3.

It's not quite that simple, but yeah it's much easier than it used to be. ;)

I compared my track side-by-side and in person to multiple screen-used props that have original track on them. 

They were indistinguishable with caliper dims as well as overall profile and color.

No other t-track maker out there has track that matches mine or the screen-used track.

Close but not an exact match.

Nothing wrong with close but to say that there is no difference is false.

The way I see it is if you spend big bucks on an original graflex, kobold clip, original calc strip, refurbished sterling etc.. that you're going to have in your collection forever, and then want to skimp on getting perfectly accurate t-track to save $20 or because you don't like me personally (even though you don't even know me) is mind boggling to me. 

Any prop that has t-track on it from another maker is always going to be slightly less accurate than the exact same prop but with my t-track.

I wouldn't use my track on my props if that weren't true.

• Like 2