Time to lift some spirits troopers!

Scotty33

Hi fellow troopers,<br>

The 11 year old son of a friend of my wife's has begun chemo treatment today. He is a big Star Wars fan, and I would really appreciate if we could get some photos of troopers holding up a sign wishing him the best, his name is Ryan. Would also love it if you could fit your Garrison/Country on there somewhere. I plan to put the photos into an album and present it to him at the next hospital troop which is in 2 weeks time.<br>

Thanks!<br>

Scott

• Like 1

Are you happy to receive a message from a trooper in the making (i.e. No full kit yet)

I'd make sure it was suitably cool

Edited by JAFO

I'm supposed to be getting my Garrison patch this week, would it be cool to just hold the sign in one hand and the patch in the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you happy to receive a message from a trooper in the making (i.e. No full kit yet)

I'd make sure it was suitably cool

I'm supposed to be getting my Garrison patch this week, would it be cool to just hold the sign in one hand and the patch in the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes guys, both would be awesome, thanks!

Pic sent via email. All the best!

Received, thanks mate, cool pic!

Hey Sly you should organise something for dreamworld on the weekend mate !

Yep, already underway....keep an eye out at the photoshoot Saturday morning. :)
  • Like 1

Sorry Scotty I didn't realize you were aussie based aswell mate

No worries mate, I will make it down your way for a troop at some stage, my inlaws live in Ballina.

Do you have a timeline for when you're hoping to present it? 

We've got a MAJOR Convention coming up in the first weekend of June, so we could potentially get a large group photo for use.

• Like 1

Do you have a timeline for when you're hoping to present it?

We've got a MAJOR Convention coming up in the first weekend of June, so we could potentially get a large group photo for use.

Thanks Tim, that would be amazing! I was hoping to present it to him next week, but only because we have a hospital troop then. Having said that, it looks like they will be in Brisbane for a while so it would be awesome to be able to keep giving him continual support, so if you could get that to happen, it would be fantastic, thanks!
  • Like 1

Hey Scotty, DW group photo would be awesome. if we get a descent sized print, get some of our troopers to sign the back of it, and we can give him some trading cards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

That's so awesome, thanks everyone!<br><br>

I should mention, Ryan has been doing it a bit hard, his cancer has spread and been upgraded to Stage 4. He has also asked his mum if Chewbacca could come and visit, so to have the man himself in that photo is amazing!

Edited by Scotty33