Icomm battery dying?

Who has experienced an iComm battery dying? Trying to see if that's what's happening to me. I have had the unit a few months and about halfway through a three hour troop today it started to sound all weird. It's not as loud as before and my voice sounds garbled. The static burst also seems like it's slower and more drawn out.

Anyone else experience this?

Have come across that a few times, you can purchase a new battery from the Icomm website http://store.voicebooster.com/replacement-icomm-battery/but it's too expensive for us guys over here for postage.

Got this tip form Sly from the Redbacks and I've fitted a few with a AA 3.7V battery, works just as well and as it's mounted on the outside we can remove for charging. We use the same batteries in our blasters too so always have them on hand.

IMG_1589_zpsj5doxaxh.thumb.webp.b63443dc2d034332def1067cabfdca15.webp

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

What chargers are you using for the 3.7v AA battery? I used a NiteCore and it worked for a little, then i found out the charger isnt meant for those :/ killed off 5 batteries of the 8 i have :(

I use a $5 charger from eBay. It is a digital charger designed for 3.6-3.7v and has over charge protection. The batteries used in the work around are also protected from running too flat and over charging. The battery capacity last for a year on one charge du to the mah rating.

I have know charged mine for the second time as we have a big troop coming up next weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will copy this work around over onto FISD shortly .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Does anyone here know if the iComm can safely accept 5 volts? I'm following Ukswrath's tutorial for building an external power supply for your helmet electronics and I was thinking of modifying the iComm to run itself off the power source rather than the battery.

I had a similar issue with the Icomm battery as well. I ordered the battery from the website which was inexpensive and easily replaced it. If it is affordable I would suggest to order more than one battery. I was having issues with the Icomm and the speaker; it was always clicking and not picking up any sound. But replacing the battery fixed that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk