Recent approved ATA KIt...Suggestions

jodo28

I recently received my Basic 501st approval but could really use some eyes on the kit to tell me if you all see anything that should be adjusted or fixed. I have my first troop this weekend, then after that I will make armor adjustments for comfort and incorporate any suggestions for overall improvement of the appearance. 

Thanks everyone for taking a look and your critique...

post-21961-0-28012000-1462550123_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats on approval.
I see nothing wrong with your ATA kit but there may be some better eyes and sharper opinions here. Personally I think you look the part.

The only hint I can give, practice walking around and moving normally in the armour. 

Well done, you look great!!

Thanks. I think it gets to a point where you work on it for so long and know all the minor details that could be fixed that it helps to get another perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe congrats on getting your approval!  If there is anything I may suggest is to get your shoulder bells to rotate in a little more so there is not as much black showing between your chest and your bells.  However, I would wait until after your troop to make that minor adjustment.  You built yourself a fine set of armor and you should be proud!  Have fun on your troop!

Joe congrats on getting your approval! If there is anything I may suggest is to get your shoulder bells to rotate in a little more so there is not as much black showing between your chest and your bells. However, I would wait until after your troop to make that minor adjustment. You built yourself a fine set of armor and you should be proud! Have fun on your troop!

Thanks for the feedback....yes the shoulder bells have been a bit of a nuisance. I can't figure out if I trimmed them too much or if it is the way that I have them attached.

Beautiful build. You are ready to serve the empire.

Let's pick on you and find something to admonish you for. After all this is the Empire we work for. Nobody gets off easy!

The shoulder bells could be rotated forward to the chest plate a bit. You probably have a strap at the top of the bell attached to the top of the shoulder under the chest/back plate connection yes? I made my bell snap located forward a bit so it pulls the bells forward. So the bell strap does not connect to the center over your shoulder it is slightly forward .

Now go serve with pride in your armor !

Beautiful build. You are ready to serve the empire.

Let's pick on you and find something to admonish you for. After all this is the Empire we work for. Nobody gets off easy!

The shoulder bells could be rotated forward to the chest plate a bit. You probably have a strap at the top of the bell attached to the top of the shoulder under the chest/back plate connection yes? I made my bell snap located forward a bit so it pulls the bells forward. So the bell strap does not connect to the center over your shoulder it is slightly forward .

Now go serve with pride in your armor !

Great suggestion! That would make sense to simply try and move the snap forward instead of fighting it all the time.

I appreciate you checking it out.

Great job with your kit!<br>

I'm only going to echo everyone else about your shoulder bells. I also have an ATA kit and have had the same problem, offsetting the snap inside your bell is the way to go.<br>

Now get out there and troop!

I am tempted to try a strap from upper bell to side of chest plate to keep the bells forward. I still find myself rotating my biceps towards my chest plate which in turn pulls the bells close too.

Nice work on your build.  I have ATA also and I'm enjoying it.  I get compliments from others I troop with and I'm sure you will too. Besides the shoulder bells being a little too turned back, I'm noticing your painted buttons on your ab section.  They seem to be a little big to me. I don't think it would affect your EIB/Centurion submission. But I feel they would look better smaller.  Check out some screen shots for reference. Your armor turned out really nice!

Edit- It could just be the lighting/shadow in this particular picture too. When I say "a little big", I mean just a hair.

Edited by Squimspickle

Thanks, that's a good catch. I didn't use a tape template and I could see the lines going a little over the pencil line.

Much appreciated! Thanks for looking and added to the list of fixes.

• Like 1

i've build a couple of ATA armour. all i can say the problem might be the unusual bicep's shape and the big forearm. maybe you can reshape the bicep with a help of heat gun..(but is't kinda risky) so the bicep can sit more nicely inside the shoulder bell.

Wow, that fits you really well. Really like how it looks. Mind me asking how tall you are?

Thanks! I am about 5'10 and I haven't made to many initial modifications. Some adjustments for comfort and overall appearance will need to be made, but it seemed to fit well.