HELMET KIT HAS ARRIVED!

Looking good. At this point would also be a good to have an idea of where you will want the ears to go. I often pick a movie helmet with similar assembly positioning and use that as a reference. How far back, how far up, how much rotation. Main reasons for doing it now is to be sure the holes you drill will be hidden by the ear, and if using rivets first, to be sure they don't overlap where the ear screws will likely go. You will want to be sure the ear is positioned low enough to curve all the way around to the bottom of the tube to cover up any discontinuity where the front and back halves of the helmet meet there. Hope that made sense.

Looking good. At this point would also be a good to have an idea of where you will want the ears to go. I often pick a movie helmet with similar assembly positioning and use that as a reference. How far back, how far up, how much rotation. Main reasons for doing it now is to be sure the holes you drill will be hidden by the ear, and if using rivets first, to be sure they don't overlap where the ear screws will likely go. You will want to be sure the ear is positioned low enough to curve all the way around to the bottom of the tube to cover up any discontinuity where the front and back halves of the helmet meet there. Hope that made sense.

Thanks, yes it does make sense, bout to start the ears and get my copy of The Empire Strikes Back up!!

Sent from my 5022X using Tapatalk

So I got the helmet screwed together;

26b32a90c3a294d5289a2c0e52508f44.jpg

d1dda60ea0d173274450afb0c490e7db.jpg

And now, after what seemed like a forever of trimming my ears, I've got them attached to the helmet and screwed to it.

a6f36d73a88e9d7889dad88c0fc3db25.jpg

Additionally, for the perceptive of you, I have attached the Hovi Mic tips!

So now, I think my helmet is nearly done. I shall proceed to painting, applying the decals and attaching the lens.

!!

Sent from my 5022X using Tapatalk