Nobody home...

AWOL

Not sure yet I'll see what they suggest I do, it's a 360 mole round trip to go back again...

the force? oh I'll use the force, bring me a hammer...

Lol sorry mate, just had to giggle at the image that created :D

• Like 1

Looks real good on the photos apart from the legs.

Yeh, I'm still very much swithering between RS, TM and a couple of other 'smaller' makers. Not only that but whether or not I get a kit or commission!

Still leaning tentatively toward RS, self-build kit.

The construction quality and the material quality is amazing, all smooth all put together well so I'm pleased overall, just need to sort the thighs and its good to go...

Easier to put on than I thought, can do it in less than 10 mins although I had to put the boots on before the shins as bending my legs to put the boots on the way it is currently is just not possible...

I've emailed them to inform them of the problem and am awaiting a response...

The construction quality and the material quality is amazing, all smooth all put together well so I'm pleased overall, just need to sort the thighs and its good to go...

Easier to put on than I thought, can do it in less than 10 mins although I had to put the boots on before the shins as bending my legs to put the boots on the way it is currently is just not possible...

I've emailed them to inform them of the problem and am awaiting a response...

Cool. I think boots before shins is entirely normal procedure, mate, certainly the way I do it :)

Good to hear about the quality and feel. I'm sure the fitting issues will get sorted ;)

Cool. I think boots before shins is entirely normal procedure, mate, certainly the way I do it :)

Good to hear about the quality and feel. I'm sure the fitting issues will get sorted ;)

Dunno about the boot thing, there is a video showing how to put rs gear on and the boots go last... but then again he can bend his legs...

Dunno about the boot thing, there is a video showing how to put rs gear on and the boots go last... but then again he can bend his legs...

Suppose it depends how easy your boots go on... Mine are a 'Sit-down-and-struggle' effort :D

I made a list for dressing procedure that I keep with the kit, just so I don't miss anything.

Undersuit and neckseal, tucked-in

Belt/garter

Thigh parts (because the boots won't fit through them)

Sit down, boots on.

Shins

Etc, etc.

Everything sits on the sofa, cause it's a real pain to have to pick anything up off the floor :D

• Like 1

Suppose it depends how easy your boots go on... Mine are a 'Sit-down-and-struggle' effort :D

I made a list for dressing procedure that I keep with the kit, just so I don't miss anything.

Undersuit and neckseal, tucked-in

Belt/garter

Thigh parts (because the boots won't fit through them)

Sit down, boots on.

Shins

Etc, etc.

Everything sits on the sofa, cause it's a real pain to have to pick anything up off the floor :D

At present I couldn't sit down and bend my legs with just the thighs on as the go past my knees that's how long they are (or short my thighs are)...

Aah. Any word from the wonderful wizards of RS?

Still no

Yeh, why not talk to them before attacking them on the Internet .

It looks like you will have to have the top of the thighs trimmed , this will lose the return edge unfortunately . Also the bottom of the shins can be trimmed upwards .

There's only so much can be done and retain screen accuracy . It's a compromise I'm afraid .

I would talk to them about the issues of which there are more than I posted here but apart from Andrea acknowledging my complaint I've been completely ignored and now I'm just annoyed...

So other issues...

I requested the smooth helmet but got the bumpy, which wasn't such a big deal but there is a dent in it below the right hovi, also the right hovi has been mounted wonky and touches the rim of the recess and the paint is chipped in 3 places on one of the ears...

The shins have been glued twisted and the top edges of both are misaligned by approximately 15-20mm...

The boots are tiny, if I'd been informed of the very small fitting I'd have ordered bigger as my size cripples my right foot in particular and takes the skin off my little toe, the paint was still tacky...

The corners of the backplate seem to be curved down and it won't sit flush on the kidney plate...

The ab and kidney plate seem to be misaligned although this may be due to my height I'm not sure...

After wearing once most of the paint has chipped off the rivets on the kidney plate although I don't know if this happens to everyone...

I think that's all but I think it's a long enough list and warrants the decency of a reply...

• Like 1

I would talk to them about the issues of which there are more than I posted here but apart from Andrea acknowledging my complaint I've been completely ignored and now I'm just annoyed...

So other issues...

I requested the smooth helmet but got the bumpy, which wasn't such a big deal but there is a dent in it below the right hovi, also the right hovi has been mounted wonky and touches the rim of the recess and the paint is chipped in 3 places on one of the ears...

The shins have been glued twisted and the top edges of both are misaligned by approximately 15-20mm...

The boots are tiny, if I'd been informed of the very small fitting I'd have ordered bigger as my size cripples my right foot in particular and takes the skin off my little toe, the paint was still tacky...

The corners of the backplate seem to be curved down and it won't sit flush on the kidney plate...

The ab and kidney plate seem to be misaligned although this may be due to my height I'm not sure...

After wearing once most of the paint has chipped off the rivets on the kidney plate although I don't know if this happens to everyone...

I think that's all but I think it's a long enough list and warrants the decency of a reply...

Sorry to hear about your Problem Kev

Got mine this friday and stumble on some problem too

Can´t fit my head in the bucket does not matter how i turn it.

Ab plate and kidney are build for someone with 32 inch waist i had order for 36 inch

Shins are perfect but had some sticky residue inside so when i tried them on with the boots

the feking paint came off.

Hope it works out for booth of us.

And May the force be with you.

Just mailed Andrea at 8:15 got a replay from her at 8:30. she gonna talk to them so they can fix my problems

Edited by Subgathory

Sorry for late reply my phones been in the shop and the pile of bantha doodoo they gave me as a loan phone didn't have internet...

Right so I went to rs last Saturday and they sorted out my thighs and other issues... got a new larger pair of boots which fit better (the boots are extremely narrow so I suggest people order 1 size larger than usual)

So it fits a lot better now...