Star Wars Celebration 2017 Set for Orlando! See you there?

Dark CMF

If anyone is interested, my friends own a Realty business that specializes in short term vacation home rentals.  These are really nice homes, each fully furnished, including a screened in pool, and are located in a high end golf community about 25 minutes from Disney and the Orange county convention center.  Since it is "off season", the rates run from about $120.00 per night for a 3 bedroom to $150.00 a night for a 5 bedroom.  The name of the community is Highlands Reserve, located in Davenport.  If you need any more info., just PM me and I can put you in touch with them.  Looking forward to seeing you all at SWC-17!!

• Like 1

Never been to Celebration before, or any convention really. What are some of the highlights I should look forward to? Also, approximately what was the price of a VIP ticket for last year? Thanks!

Never been to Celebration before, or any convention really. What are some of the highlights I should look forward to? Also, approximately what was the price of a VIP ticket for last year? Thanks!

The biggest highlight by far is being surrounded by thousands of fellow fans and hundreds of fellow Legion members, while being completely immersed in all things Star Wars for four full days. :D

This year's VIP tickets will set you back $700 per ticket. If you want one, you'd better be sitting in front of your computer with the webpage up and your credit card at the ready the moment that sales open. Despite the cost, they are usually gone very quickly - as in within an hour or so. :blink:

• Like 2

Pssssst....  (it's going to be SWC VIII)  ;)

Oops.. I meant in 2017.  Yet another lapse of reason...  I wonder if they offer an AARP discount... :lol:

• Like 2

Thanks, tkrestonva! My wife gave me the go ahead, and I'll be home from work in time to begin the F5-athon. $700 bucks whew thats a chunk of change. Good thing I turned to ebay for some spring cleaning. I'm stoked at the opportunity to hang out with fellow fans and troopers, and my wife is excited to be going back to Disney lol!

4 Day Pass bought!  But wow I was clicking away right at 3PM and finally got through at 3:14PM and the VIPs were already gone.  Not that I wanted one but man how do you get one of those????

4 Day Pass bought!  But wow I was clicking away right at 3PM and finally got through at 3:14PM and the VIPs were already gone.  Not that I wanted one but man how do you get one of those????

Ditto.  Except for purchasing a ticket.  I was there before 3 waiting for the link to go live.  When it did I clicked and the page from the link would just time out.  When it finally connected I went into the queue.  After that I finally got to the purchase page at about the same time and the VIPs were gone.  I are teh sad panda.  I was really shooting for one of those tickets.  I wonder if it has something to do with the server location or my isp?  Oh well, I'll make up my mind if I still want to attend after the sting of defeat has faded lol.

Edited by Soundwave

I fully intended on buying one, but yeah... Ticket purchase window opened at like 2:11, and they were already gone.

I'm guessing they only sold two or three hundred of them.

You can fly with the armor pretty easily. I flew mine down to Orlando and back for Star Wars Weekends at Disney World last year without issue.

You can also have the armor shipped to your hotel ahead of time, and carry the helmet with you as part of your carry on luggage.

You can also have the armor shipped to your hotel ahead of time, and carry the helmet with you as part of your carry on luggage.

I'm over here like "I'm not shipping my stuff to London"...because I'm going this year. :P

Thankfully next year I don't have to ship armor anywhere. It's locaaaaaaallllllll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that checking the box on the plane varies by price depending on your location.  But is anyone willing to share how much it cost them to check it?  Also what was the cost of shipping the armor to the hotel.  And again I know that probably most experiences will deal with going to Anaheim but I'm still just curious.

• 6 months later...

Going to be driving down with the family.  Trying to decide whether to brave parking at the Convention Center or arrange for transportation to and from with my gear.

My thinking is it will be easier to deal with my gear if I bring my own vehicle but I have no idea how the parking situation will be.

Any input or suggestions?  We could not get a hotel close to the convention center, we are staying over by Disney Springs...

Thanks

Bob

Just like any other major convention (and convention center), the earlier in the day you arrive - the more likely it is that you will find suitable parking. It also depends on the day - Saturday will be an absolute mad house, Friday and Sunday less so, Thursday will be the slowest day (relatively speaking) of the convention.

My suggestion would be to find someone who is staying within walking distance of the convention and ask them to store your gear in their room. That way, you can take alternate transportation means (public transit, taxis, Uber, etc.) to/from Disney Springs.

• Like 1