Star Wars Celebration 2017 Set for Orlando! See you there?

Dark CMF

Alright everyone! 

Just posted (shortly ago) on www.starwars.com, the information that many of us (at least many of us here on the American continents) have been waiting for, Star Wars Celebration 2017 will be taking place in Orlando between April 13th and April 16th!

Here's the link:  http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-celebration-2017-set-for-orlando

Tickets go on sale on May 25th.  EDIT:  PRICES HAVE BEEN POSTED

Clear your calendars, and start working your work schedules so you can plan your trip! 

• Like 7

Last year the basic 4-day passes were $140 for adults.

Of course we'll have to start planning an FISD group photo - and I already know exactly where we will do it. ;)

• Like 2

Last year the basic 4-day passes were $140 for adults.

Of course we'll have to start planning an FISD group photo - and I already know exactly where we will do it. ;)

How long did it take for them to sell out last year?

I will need 4 4-day passes but will have to spread the purchases out over a few months.

Edited by bobio

The VIP passes sell out very quickly, but the general admission passes tend to be available all the way up to a few weeks prior to the convention. There will also be people who buy early but later realize they are unable to attend and need to unload their passes.

Of course given all the Star Wars mania between The Force Awakens, Rogue One, and everything else - and with the con being scheduled during Spring Break (at least it'll be Spring Break here in the D.C. area) - all bets are off.

• Like 1

Florida and Cali always getting the love. 

I believe that is two-fold...  Benefit of the weather, and side benefit of being close to the Boss's office (Disney World/Disney Land). 

im open for someone to take me hostage and throw me in the back of their vehicles/overhead compartments!

*cough cough* Tim *cough cough*

• Like 3

im open for someone to take me hostage and throw me in the back of their vehicles/overhead compartments!

*cough cough* Tim *cough cough*

But you're not really in my back yard so that I CAN do that.  LoL 

We've already got a contingency hotel booked in case we don't get a group rate for a 501st based hotel. I don't want to wait until everything is sold out.

• Like 1

Things to ponder for the event . . . 

1. FISD group photo

2. FISD bash location 

3. FISD panel discussion

4. FISD costume resource for costume malfunctions ( I found this helpful at Anaheim ).  Thank you to the fellow TK for bringing gaffers tape to the group photo.

5. Drinks on Tim or Andrew.    hahahahha!

Just my thoughts...

Edited by Haribon72
  • Like 3

Wait whaaaaaat? Am i to be in armor or out of it when you pour drinks on me?? I prefer at least bucket off so i have a better chance of enjoying those drinks!

• Like 1

I hope to go, but I won't be taking my armor. I want to spend my time enjoying the panels and all the things there.

What my squad is trying to do is rent a town home for the weekend and get everyone to stay in there. I've been to a con before without friends, and it was pretty boring and hard to get through the weekend. Going with friends to this will DEFINITELY make the experience a whole lot better.

• Like 1

I'll be there!!!

A few people are chipping in on an airbnb home rental for the week, so it will hopefully be a bit cheaper than the hotel route.

• Like 1

Bring it on, have already started planning my East Coast family holiday. At this stage I have negotiated two days at Celebration while my wife and daughter go shopping etc. can't wait to meet some of my US and other international FISD brothers and sisters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Updated the original post to include the ticket information link, which was posted a short time ago.

Tickest go on sale in about 25 hours!

• Like 1