Troopers with long hair...

So I have long hair that goes past my shoulders and I'm struggling with finding a good way to wear my hair in the bucket. Obviously a ponytail or bun won't work because my bucket won't go on properly. A low pony tail or braid works for fitting purposes but I don't want my hair to show. Is a balaclava the only option for me? <br><br>

What do you guys do?

Edited by Lana

Balaclava, I used to have an issue with my hair being down to my waist putting a motorcycle helmet on (tide with it down and you have some serious brushing issues) I tied a pony then lifted it up over my head and coiled it, works fine and you won't need star foam lol...

the force? oh I'll use the force, bring me a hammer...

You should be wearing a balaclava anyway , isn't it part of your garrisons rules ?

I am not sure. I'll ask but I don't think so. I've seen other troopers with like bandanas on their heads.

• Like 1

You should be wearing a balaclava anyway , isn't it part of your garrisons rules ?

I don't know of any garrisons with that rule. Does UK do that? Too hot for one.

I used to have very thick hair past my waist, but I had to get it cut to shoulder length so I could wear my bucket. Now I have to wear a balaclava, and try to keep my hair curled around above the neck seal, otherwise the neck seal won't go on either. If I put it in a ponytail I can't get the bucket on.I hate wearing the balaclava because it is so hot here in QLD Australia, but I have no choice.

Yes. A balaclava is required for UKG trooping . There is no " basic" approval over here , it's E.I level . And rightly so .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. A balaclava is required for UKG trooping . There is no " basic" approval over here , it's E.I level . And rightly so .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yikes! lol

Balaclava is not required for EIB. Odd that it would be required anywhere. Not mentioned anywhere in the CRL, either.

To the OP, French Braids might be an option that could help.

Balaclava is not required for EIB. Odd that it would be required anywhere. Not mentioned anywhere in the CRL, either.

To the OP, French Braids might be an option that could help.

Amazing idea!! Thank you!!

• 7 months later...

I found the times I have worn my bucket that using a "skull cap" to corral my hair works perfect. I pony tail it up fold it over the top then use the skull cap to hold it in place.

?? How can the garrison make such a rule?

• Like 1

?? How can the garrison make such a rule?

The ukg has many such rules. No approval without weapons, for example, and branding costumes with logos even at canon slash official events.

They claim they do it to stand out from the other official and approved costume club and people who aren't 501st in general.

I have only been here a short time but I still can't understand how the UKG gets away with all these strange and strict requirements for basic approval. How is it that they are allowed to require so much more than the basic CRL. This seems so out of line.

To answer your question my wife is a new shadow trooper and a cheap $5 balaclava from Amazon solved all her long hair issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk