How to size your armor?

Hey guys. This may be common knowledge to the pros but I can not for the life of me find a good explanation of how your armor should actually fit on you. 

I am aware it should not be tight against your skin but how much wiggle room are we actually looking for? And how does that vary from part to part. I am terrified of removing too much material.

Here are some example pictures of my left forearm if you could give me a sense from these it would be greatly appreciated. Or if you need any other pictures to help give me advice let me know.

TXuzC3r.jpg?1 FvCMsJ4.jpg?1 2qsryPX.jpg?1 nVMVPbU.jpg?1 g5scu84.jpg?1 Sn0NPWs.jpg?1 4xRnT5s.jpg?1 SOe0CFS.jpg?1 qjIPR97.jpg?1 qZMZk4e.jpg?1 HKrHzO8.jpg?1 0FYFBMt.jpg?1

Edited by Professor Why

That is basically the same amount of wiggle room i have on my forearms as well. If you end up wanting more space, you can always trim the return edge off later. Always do tape tests like you're doing, and dont be afraid to give yourself a little extra room if you think you'll need it, because even if you glue the fronts of your armor first, you still have the back sides to trim material off of. Check this thread, it looks like you have ANOVOS? 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/page-10#entry461326

Yep ANOVOS, I actually have been using ukswrath for my whole build and while he does an excellent job with how to remove material and sizing for his arm I just wanted to know what the variance in the wiggle room was in general/what is supposed to feel right because my arms are so much skinner. Thank you for the information!

Edited by Professor Why

Remove ALL the return edge at the wrist end

I am aware that you would have to remove the return edges for centurion but I prefer the appearance and feel with the return edges so I plan to keep them for this armor. I have for instance also traded brackets for snaps due to preference over screen accuracy.

I like to be able to slip 2-3 finger in under the armor, so its close to tight but has about 1/2"-3/4" gap. I had my forearms with the return edge for a while and recently took it off and it made a big comfort change. 

• Like 1