ChaseM's AM 2.0 ESB Build

Hey everyone! I received my kit a couple of weeks ago. Tonight I started out using a dremel to sand down the teeth. I smoothed it out using a needle file.

IMG_1106_zpsyykst5xu.jpg

Also, I looked at my hand plates and to me it seems that I have two right hands? 

IMG_1105_zpskilp6vun.jpg

TK_esb_handplates.jpeg

Here's the pic from the crl... but I know little to nothing about ESB/ROTJ hand plates, so someone else will have to chime in to be sure. Good luck!

Yeah I have read some other build threads and looked at the CRL. There doesn't seem to be any really clear pictures to compare. But it looks like mine are duplicates.

Yeah I have read some other build threads and looked at the CRL. There doesn't seem to be any really clear pictures to compare. But it looks like mine are duplicates.

I agree on that .

Also, I looked at my hand plates and to me it seems that I have two right hands? 

I would agree they are the same. I created a left and right by sculpting them with the index finger area being higher then the pinkie. see example

FullSizeRender7_zps5fsiwe89.jpg

ESB Hand Covers/Plates

http://www.whitearmo...build/?p=436879

Edited by cjdesign

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished gluing the back of the helmet to the crown. I'm a little OCD and this is the tightest I could get the seam to fit. Any suggestions on how to hide these gaps? What about getting rid of excess glue in between the seam?

IMG_1179_zpsb2pgkbop.jpg

IMG_1180_zpswidxispu.jpg

IMG_1181_zpsbbzka87o.jpg

IMG_1182_zpsjz7r8xxj.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

You can try to hide the gaps with some ABS slurry (made with ABS trimmings and 100% acetone. Put trimmings into a jar and just barely cover with the acetone and let sit so the ABS melts into a paste) and fill it in with that. If you do this, there will be sanding involved to get smooth, then you'll have to buff out the scratches and use the Novus polish to get shiny again. 

Personally, I left my helmet alone with this seam, and it didn't hinder me getting approved.

As far as the excess glue, use either a dentist hook or exacto knife to try and get all the excess stuff out. Be VERY careful in doing this, you don't wish to have any nics or scratches all along the bucket. 

Hope this helps!

I just finished gluing the back of the helmet to the crown. I'm a little OCD and this is the tightest I could get the seam to fit. Any suggestions on how to hide these gaps? What about getting rid of excess glue in between the seam?

I used dap water based white bathroom caulking. Works great! wipe off the excess with damp rag. In hind site I would have left mine alone. nobody looks at that stuff anyhow... but I get it.  LOL

e6000 can be removed but buffing with a microfiber cloth.

Edited by cjdesign

I would not touch that seam.

Sometimes the quest to make something perfect ends with dread and remorse. I re glued my cap and back 3 times because I felt the space was too big. Thank goodness for e6000. if you really want to fill that gap use a water base solution as mentioned above. Don't like it - wipe it off. my 2 cents.

Edited by cjdesign