Wireless Microphone Headset

There's a couple of different links on this thread. 

:)

Which one did you order?

I'm guessing the one from the VERY first post, eh? :D Sorry!

Thanks!

- Berbs

I purchased the one from Amazon.

I just received two of these. They work great! I've tested it with TKVoice and it works. I've also tested it with both of them on to check interference and found they don't cross over.

• Like 1

The interference on my icomm is bad. I had to buy a extension cord for the transmitter and move away from the icomm. Still has a slight buzz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine yesterday, think was a shade under £18 from ebay. Had a quick test last night, paired straight away. Tiny bit of hiss in the background, not sure that will be noticeable though. Does suddenly feedback quite badly if the mic gets near the aker, so hoping that there is a big enough distance when suited up. My TK kit isn't ready for another 2 weeks, so have some waiting to do before i can test fully suited.

Will try it with my Kylo costume too!

• 1 month later...

Got mine yesterday, think was a shade under £18 from ebay. Had a quick test last night, paired straight away. Tiny bit of hiss in the background, not sure that will be noticeable though. Does suddenly feedback quite badly if the mic gets near the aker, so hoping that there is a big enough distance when suited up. My TK kit isn't ready for another 2 weeks, so have some waiting to do before i can test fully suited.

Will try it with my Kylo costume too!

If you get a modulator too (icomm or romFX) the hiss wouldn't be noticeable anyway...

I got mine from China but advertised on eBay Australia and they were £14.37 but since the referendum they're now £16.22 lol...

the force? oh I'll use the force, bring me a hammer...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How's everyone getting on with these out in the wild?

Have my induction troop in 2 weeks so need to get my aker speaker attached into my armour. Hoping i can use this instead of wires, but heard they feedback badly?

• 4 weeks later...

Have my induction troop in 2 weeks so need to get my aker speaker attached into my armour. Hoping i can use this instead of wires, but heard they feedback badly?

I'm curious as well. I'm getting ready to purchase a sound system, and would prefer to go wireless.

I bought the one from Wireless Trooping Systems before he stopped selling and have used it a few times with success. There is a slight hum in the background but nothing noticeable to the casual observer. If you use the sound loops on MP3 it will cover any noticeable hum. I have to drop the mic volume down to its lowest setting, anything more and there will be feedback. But with the mic set on low, I haven't had any problems and everyone says it sounds great. Definitely nice to have no wires running through everything.

Open the Blast Door!

• Like 1

I have two of them, and they work just fine.  I never noticed any feedback unless I bent forward with my chin to my chest (an awkward position for me, anyway).  And I've had just about every combination of microphone and amp--that is no different between them.  

No background hum or hiss that I could hear, and nobody mentioned it to me.

You want wireless?  This is the best that I've seen, IMHO.  Best part is you can have more than one going in a troop and no crossover, which I had with a Memorex.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So i just received the same kit (from e-bay) and I'm really impressed. I had try the Aker/Memorex combo and I did not like it at all. I had it in my bucket for about 20 minutes. But this one is impressive. The sound is good. I haven't tried it in the bucket yet, I will install it in my new one, so, not sure how the feedback is. Up to now, impressive, most impressive.

Oh...if you order more than 100 on Aliexpress, you can personalize your logo on it...and call it your own design.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 3 months later...

I've been trying for months to get a reliable wireless setup going but to be honest I'm considering going wired. I have one of the units from this thread (and have tried several other wireless setups, some pretty costly), and when it works it works well, but the attachment from my romFX to the wireless receiver in my chest is VERY touchy. I have to fiddle with it (rotating the cable input to the receiver/removing and re-inserting it) for 10 min before every troop to get it working, then try to tape it down in that position. I may just have a shoddy unit. I should probably just find a spot that works and glue them together...

Also, it seems like my mouth needs to be as close as possible to the mic to get any output. Sometimes the only way I can get audio is if I actually put it partially in my mouth. This is with the mic volume all the way up. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I may just need to try fiddling with the settings more. I really don't want to go wired, but I hate worrying about whether I will have a mic or not on troops.

Oh, and for anyone getting hum from wireless interference, try wrapping the receiver in aluminum foil. It worked for me.

Edited by count chocula
  • Like 2