ATA not so steady build

Alright...to hopefully help me stay on track...I'm going to start my build thread in hopes to finish this armor. It's pretty nerve-wrecking since it ibvloves possibly screwing up a costly pile of plastic by over trimming, drilling, painting, etc. :) Here is what I've done so far on the helmet...eyes and teeth done? Started the trim on the back cap...and only did a tiny bit to start the ears.

0b6e88a1609e80356510f98a2f2d20db.jpg

a8b3c87f4f7dea6cdd9e8c11af7525cc.jpg

78981d5ca33bcde5cfb6d17a0f633ec6.jpg

2972994a5808c314c913626a37c1063d.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good mate!<br>

The only suggestion I would make is to try to square the corners of your teeth a little bit more, but overall, fantastic job, keep it up!

I also built an ATA bucket. Yours is right on track. I think you could take off a wee bit more of the ear cup where the plastic is wiggly.

No more than a 2-3 MM.

Also the ATA is really a tight fit to get your head in. You gotta turn it sideways and screw it on. Before you trim the rubber for the bottom opening I would trim or even just sand bit by bit to open it up as much as you can without the bottom hole getting visible from the outside view. My tiny head barely fits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by russellr2d2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!  I got cut the screws down now some, it's a tight fit for sure and definitely will take off some skim if I don't cut those down one of these time I play inside it, lol.  I've worked a bit more on the teeth and started painting.  The back trap I feel like the one side is too big, so I didn't do the grey on that one yet.

20160518_090012.jpg

20160518_090025.jpg

20160518_090033.jpg