Fan Made ABS FOTK armor

tk2092

Just curious how long you all are going to wait for Peter to send the kits before you realize he wont send anything?  It has been a month and he has not shipped or provided tracking numbers.    Does this not seem odd?

If nobody receives a kit then I guess there's no cause for concern right however, if these kits begin showing up at legion approvals then we'll know it and address it there. Either way we'll figure it out. Let's put the paranoia to rest for a while shall we?

This discussion took place on Friday among members of the Detachment staff.  

We are working things.  We don't pay lip service to quiet things down.  There are some things however that are better left discussed amongst ourselves, for the benefit of the mood and overall feeling of the forums.  Much like I stated that the rhetoric by members needed to be toned down, the staff won't have potentially heated discussions publicly.  

We close the door to the well stocked FISD Conference Room, sit in the big comfy chairs, and read stuff on the big screens while having lightsaber battles with laser pointers when nobody else is paying attention.

We will allow the process that we have started to run its course, and won't rush to anything without allowing people ample time to answer our questions.  As new questions come up, an appropriate allowance will be made for answers to be provided.  This won't be quick or painless, but we will do it properly.

• Like 3

This discussion took place on Friday among members of the Detachment staff.  

We are working things.  We don't pay lip service to quiet things down.  There are some things however that are better left discussed amongst ourselves, for the benefit of the mood and overall feeling of the forums.  Much like I stated that the rhetoric by members needed to be toned down, the staff won't have potentially heated discussions publicly.  

We close the door to the well stocked FISD Conference Room, sit in the big comfy chairs, and read stuff on the big screens while having lightsaber battles with laser pointers when nobody else is paying attention.

We will allow the process that we have started to run its course, and won't rush to anything without allowing people ample time to answer our questions.  As new questions come up, an appropriate allowance will be made for answers to be provided.  This won't be quick or painless, but we will do it properly.

Sounds perfect.

Was it another "pay ad wait", or were these kits supposed to be ready to ship?

Hmm, interesting. It says "In stock ready to ship" on his website. It also states that for "legal reasons" he will only sell to 501st members or people wanting to join the 501st.

http://www.fnarmour.com/product/fn-armour-kit/

Edited by TK4205

As far as I know, they were ready to ship.  We're in the process of following up on this situation now.

• Like 1

If nobody receives a kit then I guess there's no cause for concern right however, if these kits begin showing up at legion approvals then we'll know it and address it there. Either way we'll figure it out. Let's put the paranoia to rest for a while shall we?

Not paranoid, just a REALIST!

the armour is in question, but his gaskets are getting good reviews

fna gaskets are awesome.

• Like 1

Did I say Thaiwan?? Silly me. I often get my third world sweatshops confused. I meant Thailand.

when I get your set i'll try to take some side by sides if you want so you can compare them.  im guessing they should arrive this week if they were sent last monday.

Nothing to compare, really. The recast debate is usually exclusive to hard armor and molded/cast parts. Anyone can sew, and the "pattern" is a sleeve. I didn't invent the sleeve pattern. I was just copied, outsourced and undersold and that I can't do anything about. 

What irks me to no end is you guys that ignore your invoices after jumping ship. Go ahead and buy the FN gaskets, but if you're on our list please let us know.

Edited by TK4205
  • Like 3

I paid mine in like six minutes. I have both sitting on the table now. Very different. Ig are lighter and very breathable. Fna less so. Fna and ig both bunch up if your skinny like me but easily fixed. Both are comfy. For me one will be my summer sweaty set and the other my cold weather set. Ig are shinier. Im going to add elastic to the knee gaskets to keep them from riding / sliding. Ig are four pieces, fna six. Both are good.

I am aware of at least two people on opposite ends of our globe having received their FN Armor kits. We are still continuing the process that we started. As previously mentioned, this won't be fast and painless. Additionally, for what it is worth, Peter has said that he has suspended sales of his kits in the mean time, while this process continues.. While there is no way for us to be certain that he has or has not sold any, I think it is worth mentioning here that he has made this statement.

• Like 1

I was referring solely to the free kits that Peter promised to ship to people for review. Neither myself nor the Staff have any access to the list of paying customers of FN Armor.

I am aware of at least two people on opposite ends of our globe having received their FN Armor kits.

Opposite side or underside ;)

Free kits for testing/comparing, or customers that paid for their kits?

I can confirm that today I have received a kit from FN Armor which was free for testing, comparison, building and feedback, I have just started a build thread here http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38080-qs-fn-armor-build/
  • Like 4

Opposite side or underside ;)I can confirm that today I have received a kit from FN Armor which was free for testing, comparison, building and feedback, I have just started a build thread here http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38080-qs-fn-armor-build/

How does it make any sense that you, someone who doesn't have KB's kit, compare this armor? What exactly are you comparing? Or was this an easy way for you to score free armor? I offered up that I could help compare with my IN HAND KB KIT, but that seems to have gone unnoticed.

Your build thread is worthless to this debate. There's no argument that it's an Anovos recast and it doesn't matter if you build the kit. We need side by side comparison shots with KB's armor which you cannot provide. You should be ashamed that you signed up for this and subsequently threw your integrity out the window.

Edited by UT Trooper
  • Like 2

A number people who are receiving the kits from FN were a handful,of names offered up by the staff as experts in the art of examining armor, based on demonstrated past experience.

Others were selected by Peter himself, based on them holding various positions within their respective Garrisons, and to the best of my knowledge all have agreed to use the completed armor as a donation or some other use for charity after it is built.

Per the letter of the agreement, nobody (EDIT:  Nobody who is doing the evaluating/building) is receiving free armor as a result of this process taking place.

Kevin has agreed to send parts out (to Glen, so far) for a direct, in-hand comparison of the two kits.

How does it make any sense that you, someone who doesn't have KB's kit, compare this armor? What exactly are you comparing? Or was this an easy way for you to score free armor? I offered up that I could help compare with my IN HAND KB KIT, but that seems to have gone unnoticed.

If you check my thread I have already compared other armor to FN armor. I am not aware of what process was used to pick anyone, I was first contacted by Peter from FN amror and then I discussed this with Tim (FISD DL) and he was happy for me to take part. Kevin (KB) has contacted me and he will be sending some pieces for comparison.

Could be I have built quite a few sets of armor of different makes not just for myself but for other members and I may know what to look for ;)

• Like 2

If Kevin is sending you parts then great, but seems inefficient. I still don't see any reason to actually build the armor. 5 kits or however many he sent over is too many. One kit would have been enough to compare side by side with Kev's.<br><br>

What about this thread? Seems like people are raising similar concerns but getting redirected back here. He's also building the armor for a friend. So much for donating?<br>

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38043-fnarmour-build-thread/'>http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38043-fnarmour-build-thread/</a><br><br>

I'm not trying to give you guys a hard time but come on guys.. We have two kits so far provided for free to guys who don't own the armor that's in question. Probably should have planned that better. I think we all want to quickly get to a resolution here.

• Like 1

Kevin and Peter are obviously not working in concert here, so planning in that regard wasn't happening. Peter offered up however many kits he chose to send out not at any suggestion of anyone here, but completely of his own free will. There is no grand scheme or plan in place here. There were accusations made by Kevin, and during the attempt to cool the high temperature nature of the ensuing discussions, Peter offered to send out kits for evaluation, free of charge.

People are being directed here, because we don't want anymore explosive dialogue opening up in the build threads that these members are sharing with the community. We will be opening a thread for comparison discussions to take place, out of respect for the builders, and the makers. FISD is not going to explode into a firefight across these threads.

I have publicly stated on a number of occasions that this will not be done quickly, that the process that emerged will run its course. I don't want it rushed so everyone can sit back and say "See, I was right." I want it done properly. We should all want it done properly. Properly takes time.

As for what Evin has chosen to do with the armor... He is donating it to a friend. That's his choice, and I'll leave that at that. It is what it is.  It is well outside of the control of the FISD, and we are not running this process, merely facilitating it.

• Like 3