Fan Made ABS FOTK armor

tk2092

Be very careful. You have just potentially commited a litigable offense. If he lived in the states. You cannot without a shadow of doubt prove he recast anything, certainly not your armour.

No. By not showing pictures of molds he could very easy be a) protecting shareholders, B) protecting copyright as he applies for a european license to manufacture the armour for disney, c) any number of business reasons.

If that were the case it would have all been done previously, and If it were not exactly the same as mine, (except for what he modified) I would not be making a big deal of this. You wont see the proof in the pics, then you are biased.

The dead horse is a beaten bloody pulp. Wait for someone to look at one of the free sets of armour. Or better yet, please tell us how many suits youve sold to the uk, south east asia, and if they still have them. Maybe ask them if they sold them or loaned them to someone to copy. No Need.....

Because to be honest im sure there are some who might think that you copied anovos armour. 

Copy?  Made the same way Yes! How can you copy something using only pictures?  You can not use a stack of wood to copy anything, exactly anyway.........

Ever hear the saying " methinks she doth protest too much" ? Nope, Don't care anymore.....

I think you've gone way overboard. ( Your Opinion)No new evidence on your part.( What more do I need to show?) Are you even listed as a vetted seller on fisd ? Never  applied to be, What does that have to do with anything?

And i quote this"Although there were not many references available prior to Anaheim Celebration, I was fortunate enough to assist a local member with his build of the anovos armor, with that being said, using all the reference pics as well as the build experience, " Yes this is true! So I took pictures.... Got the same pics at Celebration as well!

That tells me that you could be accused of copying anovos armour. Is that what prompted the end of your for sale thread. A cease and desist order from anovos or disney legal? Nope

Just curious. Nope! Advice from other reputable makers to go underground, less attention. I am a hobby maker not a business.

No disrespect intended. But where the other guy has offered comparison suits, you havent. To WHO? Who do I send mine to? I only seen volunteers, The other guy hasnt been given a c and d. Neither have I. 

You realize one phone call to those at the issuers office of that notice pointing out fnarmor as another infringer ( if they copied yours instead of using their million dollars worth of staff and technology available to them) they will shut him down, too. So be it

Edited by tk9948

"Nope! Advice from other reputable makers to go underground, less attention. I am a hobby maker not a business."

Going underground aka "black market" is not a good message. A reputable builder would never tell you to do that if you had a legitimate product. You gain nothing by going "underground". Come into the light, be proud of what you've made, unless you have something to hide.

As for my other statement in post #49. Can I get a response from you.   

"Nope! Advice from other reputable makers to go underground, less attention. I am a hobby maker not a business."

Going underground aka "black market" is not a good message. A reputable builder would never tell you to do that if you had a legitimate product. You gain nothing by going "underground". Come into the light, be proud of what you've made, unless you have something to hide.

As for my other statement in post #49. Can I get a response from you.   

Not advertising is all I meant  I am proud of my work, I would be happy to have it offered here. 

Edited by tk9948

Sounds good. I just heard some stupid rumor that you, in some part had a hand in the designing of the movie armor. I guess we can squash that  :)

No I had nothing to do with desiging the movie armor....... KW sculpted the Anovos kit, but that is common knowledge.

As the first to offer TFA TK armor other than Anovos, I posted as sales thread on the main 501st board, the interest got be more than I was offering.

I was overwhelmed at the response. Along with the rumors, of a C&D I decided it would be better to suspend the run.

I suspended the run not the 501st, not Anovos.

I did not know what to do..... The last thing I wanted was to be sent a C&D, Hell I 'm not even a business, just a hobby maker making armor for the legion and my garrison.

I am not in this to make money as anyone I sold to can attest. I do this because I love the hobby! I love to wear armor! That is what the legion is all about!

I have been making armor for the legion for over 10 years, and am surprised at how little respect I am shown here. 

I have proven my point, pictures do not lie. If you can not see the things I point out, you don't want to see it.

• Like 1

Copy? Made the same way Yes! How can you copy something using only pictures?

I assume you are kidding?

What do you think how expensive paintings were forged, by stealing them and make casts?

With your own explanation i call you copying of the Anovos suits, no matter if you changed some details and how you made it - YOU used THEIR hard work to make your armor to sell and get some illegal income.

As the first to offer TFA TK armor other than Anovos, I posted as sales thread on the main 501st board, the interest got be more than I was offering.

I was overwhelmed at the response. Along with the rumors, of a C&D I decided it would be better to suspend the run.

I suspended the run not the 501st, not Anovos.

I did not know what to do..... The last thing I wanted was to be sent a C&D, Hell I 'm not even a business, just a hobby maker making armor for the legion and my garrison.

I am not in this to make money as anyone I sold to can attest. I do this because I love the hobby! I love to wear armor! That is what the legion is all about!

I have been making armor for the legion for over 10 years, and am surprised at how little respect I am shown here. 

I have proven my point, pictures do not lie. If you can not see the things I point out, you don't want to see it.

No disrespect here, but respect is earned, that includes holding yourself to a higher standard and not just running around shouting recast! A term that has become a sour taste in many of mouths here on the FISD. As stated in another thread you're point and your side of the story has been taken into account. If it becomes apparent the armor in question is indeed a recast then you need not worry.

• Like 3

Once the DNR was lifted I had access to the build threads, and saved all the pics from there as well]

The NDA has never been lifted. Id love to get an email telling me it is. The alphas were allowed to move build threads to the 501st forum but we are still bound by nda. Anyone with the anovos preview armour, is.

This thread, and others, should have a DNR.

• Like 4

Hi has anyone seen this company before or has a link to anyone who has??b3b5359500f245e4c14f364109a00343.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should start your own thread in the eBay section. But, where did you find this? Because that's me in Jimmiroquai armor in my kitchen
  • Like 2

You should start your own thread in the eBay section. But, where did you find this? Because that's me in Jimmiroquai armor in my kitchen

oh bloody hell really??? It's on Etsy at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The NDA has never been lifted. Id love to get an email telling me it is. The alphas were allowed to move build threads to the 501st forum but we are still bound by nda. Anyone with the anovos preview armour, is.

This thread, and others, should have a DNR.

It was in regards to access to the build thread section, and when the armor debuted at Celebration.  That means any 501st member can see that build thread, there was no access before the debut except for the Alpha group.

If you want to split hairs this site is in violation of the NDA by allowing non Anovos purchasers to view the build forum. 

No. Everyone using the secret build site asked and was told they had to tell build team members to keep everything secret until told otherwise. If someone let you view the nda bound info.and you used that info to make armour, and not just the build threads posted to the 501 forum, you violated their nda for them.

I presume you asked the owner of each and every picture for permission to use them for sculpt references?

Of course you didnt.

I've had few (edit) mfgs ask to use my detailed build images and to this day still say "NO" because the NDA is still in effect. 

• Like 4

I assume you are kidding?

What do you think how expensive paintings were forged, by stealing them and make casts?

With your own explanation i call you copying of the Anovos suits, no matter if you changed some details and how you made it - YOU used THEIR hard work to make your armor to sell and get some illegal income.

You are really only trying to bait me, and I am not falling for it.... Every makers armor is illegal if it is not a licensed product......Do you want the list?..........Get over yourself its getting boring.....

No. Everyone using the secret build site asked and was told they had to tell build team members to keep everything secret until told otherwise. If someone let you view the nda bound info.and you used that info to make armour, and not just the build threads posted to the 501 forum, you violated their nda for them.

I presume you asked the owner of each and every picture for permission to use them for sculpt references?

Of course you didnt.

They are there for all 501st members to see...... 

I've had few (edit) mfgs ask to use my detailed build images and to this day still say "NO" because the NDA is still in effect. 

I was not apart of a signed NDA, never seen one was never asked to sign one.

I started my build after celebration, when everything was out.

If you are not happy with the way I made my molds and the way my armor is.......too bad, there are other alternatives.........

By the way If I had COPIED Anovos armor it would be exactly the same with the one size pre molded seam joints.....

The owner of the armour was supposed to inform you of the nda requirements. He didnt. Those posted pics are there for builders of anovos armour to reference not for copycats to use to make their own.

And you are correct: every armour we wear except for two licensed suits are a violation of intellectual property. One suit of ot and one suit of fotk. All the rest are stolen ip. Which we get away with because we dont mass produce, charge for appearances, and raise hundreds of thousands of dollars each year for charity.

But, since you dont get it, i give up. My opinion which carries no weight is that you copied a licensed product, used other peoples property ie build pics to sculp your molds, sold ten sets to friends, got scared at the legal ramifications of fighting the mouses lawyers, quit, and are a little bit jealous that someone else with a similar set made all on their own from is getting away with it. But thats just my opinion. You come across as a child having a tantrum and since you have zero physical side by side proof other than claims and web images and screen grabs...you dont even have a pic of your first order costume on the 501st page. Your gwl should fix that.

I will happily await the opinions of the five recipients of the fnarmour suits. Hopefully that puts this issue to rest. Even if youre vindicated, you still need to unlearn tantrums.

• Like 1

They are there for all 501st members to see...... 

I was not apart of a signed NDA, never seen one was never asked to sign one.

I started my build after celebration, when everything was out.

If you are not happy with the way I made my molds and the way my armor is.......too bad, there are other alternatives.........

By the way If I had COPIED Anovos armor it would be exactly the same with the one size pre molded seam joints.....

WHAT!? If you were part of ANY Anovos armor group you were required to sign the NDA prior to purchase, if you weren't then you were given access to armor that WAS under a NDA agreement. The only thing was out at the time of Celebration was the troopers on stage. The builds were on the private FB page. Mine and a hand full of others were to follow on the FISD after Celebration and I can't imagine any of these guys giving anyone access to their armor or build info. If someone did they were in violation. Again, the only thing you should have had access to were pictures and the Alpha group at Celebration. If you had access to someone's armor and that person was bound by the NDA then you obtained armor specifications fraudulently. The NDA is still in effect. If you didn't make your molds specifically off pictures alone, and were not granted permission from either Anovos, Disney or LFL then I suggest you keep your armor off the market, unless you want to put yourself and the individual responsible for giving you access to his armor on the hot seat.   

As for the Anovos copy, changing any part of the armor would be expected or yourself  would have been called out as a recaster.  

• Like 1

If you had access to someone's armor and that person was bound by the NDA then you obtained armor specifications fraudulently.

Most importantly, the specifications were/are wrong.   I think the NDA is a joke. I say kudos to anyone that can produce a screen accurate kit. So far none of you have done that. No one has, licensed or otherwise. 

I only had access to the build threads after celebration. What is so hard for you to understand about that. The build threads are available for all 501st members to see. GOT IT!<br>
I did help him with his build, I was never apart of a build team.<br><br>
You all need to understand I sculpted using pics. I did not have a suit sitting in front of me.<br><br>
You all can see how I made my molds, but don't give a rats azz if someone recast another's work. I did not recast Anovos as my molds clearly prove. I may have copied the way they made their parts but that was the best practical way of doing it. I don't expect you to understand as you just shell out money for what you want, I make what I want.<br><br>
I came here to warn you of this shady asshat, and you try and turn it on me.<br>
As far as I am concerned you are a bunch of no talent haters that can't stand your idol (Anovos)having compitition.<br>
I made this armor as an alternative to their price gouging. Dot like it, buy from them, hopefully they will deliver before you grow old.<br><br>
If you want to bash start another thread, I am more than happy to participate!

Edited by tk9948

Most importantly, the specifications were/are wrong.   I think the NDA is a joke. I say kudos to anyone that can produce a screen accurate kit. So far none of you have done that. No one has, licensed or otherwise. 

The Anovos armor is the closest to, but is still far from screen accurate in many respects. Screen used armor is not even up for discussion being nobody I'm aware of has had access to that property except for Anovos. Yes there's been images released that show details beyond what Anovos has made so, if you can create armor that is closer to screen accurate than Anovos off sheer images alone, more power to you. Just beware someone may come knocking to find out where you obtained your info. 

Speaking for myself, I'm not happy about the NDA either, but it is what it is at the moment. Something else I think you're forgetting, prior to FOTK no one had to worry about intellectual property theft. Today however, when replicating to profiting from licensed property, you could be issued a C&D.