Fan Made ABS FOTK armor

tk2092

This is my recasted armor..................How many times do I have to prove this. He has been shut down here once. All of my PROOF pics are in the recasting section

• Like 1

Are you saying that this guy is not using aluminum molds, as he has told us? Or that he may have 3D scanned your armor? I must admit, I can't tell from the guys photos what reference he used.

Good luck to you in all of this.

• Like 1

Hey Peter, I have a question. I work around CNC machines at my work. Unless programmed to do otherwise they pretty much cut clean lines, straight or curved. Looking at the ingot above, I understand this may be the initial cutting phase but how do you go from clean lines to what almost appears to be hand sculpt lines seen here on the finished TD molds? Not to doubt you but do you have more images of the process in between phases?  

• Like 6

Are you saying that this guy is not using aluminum molds, as he has told us? Or that he may have 3D scanned your armor? I must admit, I can't tell from the guys photos what reference he used.

Good luck to you in all of this.

Yes Sir!!!!!!

regarding to the rule   "11)  No ongoing runs of armor/helmets are allowed in the imperial commissary "

anyone who interested plz join the FB closed group 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/174248586293456/

He is a recaster looking to get his money back. He has been outed on the 501st main board already, 

He is a recaster looking to get his money back. He has been outed on the 501st main board already, 

Hey Kevin we understand your concern but let's step back a bit and give the guy some time to respond to my question. 

• Like 4

I would think the issue isn't what molds are being used but where the data files to form the molds came from...

the force? oh I'll use the force, bring me a hammer...

• Like 2

I will try to answer questions as well as I can. I am a vacuum former and work out the best way to form various parts to keep the production process as efficient as I can. I also have to "Appease" the stormtrooper experts that know how these things should look. I have no idea about these things, I also have to deal with designers that say "It needs to go like this" yet then "Modify" their thoughts and designs when it come to the trimming of these parts as the guys that trim and look into the assembly tell me that the designers of the moulds "Dont know what they are talking about".

I know for a fact that the moulds for the rear cannister where done and redone many times. We had all sorts of trouble to get this so it was "User friendly". We then went to one of the other mould makers, we were using 3 different makers at the same time. We came up with the solution from one mould maker who carved it in wood first to show us how it works then make aluminium moulds from that. Some of the leg parts were 3D drawn and then cnc cut only to find out that they were not very "generious" on the sizes. Measure twice cut once! Due to the cost of the materials and the machine costs we could not "Just make a new one" so I was told they built onto the mould to increase the dimesions. I was not there when this was done I guess a skim of Araldite built up layer by layer. Not 100% sure myself. The moulds I normally deal with are a lot less complicated and much bigger than these and Araldite and epoxy filler is used in many of my moulds.

I dont proclaim to be a mould maker or any expert in stormtroopers. I am always willing to learn and to take advice from others more experienced than me.

This project was done by a team of people. Some Stormtrooper people from the 501st, some vacuum forming operators, a 3D design team 3 different mould making teams and myself. Much like a Ford car is designed and built then tested by many people. One man is just a part of the team and possibly is not 100% sure what the other guys are doing.

I am begining to understand that stormtrooper armour makers are traditionally 1 person working on making the moulds then forming in thier shed or garage. We are many people working on many projects at the same time with a 1,000 different moulds for many different products. We range from the little plastic draw liners that you keep your fork and knives in, upto 6 feet wide ponds. We even manufacture for the "Big 4" Japanese car manufacturers in various ways. We have production in many different countries at the same time as we live in a globalised world.

I hope I will not be to "Vague" in answering any questions as alot of the time I may not know the answer. I also have many customers and workers to deal with at the same time. Dont have time to sit here on the internet all day. If I did I think I would be looking at pictures of other things!

• Like 2

Thanks for the detailed explanation. It's good to hear the design process so far.<br><br>

I think what is still being disputed are the molds themselves.<br><br>

The other maker has shown his traditionally created molds, MDF with bondo. Your molds are more production savvy, but other than seeing a small number of actual production mold images, you still haven't shared photos of your actual molds.<br>

I think showing them with a tape measure for dimensions would settle this dispute, as the costuming community in general does not support recasting of any kind (if that actually happened).

Edited by pandatrooper
  • Like 4

I mean about not knowing a 100% what the others guys are doing means I am the owner of factories and I have a production manager that runs each factory. They in turn have many staff that work under them. As a team we engage teams of designers and mould makers. Each mould maker might have 10 staff. We use 3 different mould makers at the same time. I know that I had lunch last Tuesday but I can't tell you what I had. I also can't tell you if Trevor had a day off on Monday of last week as I don't get involved in every detail of everything.<br><br>

I know my big customers and their main requirements. I am ultimately responsible for what happens for my business's and workers but I don't proclaim to know what they or how they are doing it to every detail.<br><br>

But no we did not re cast another persons product. It is just as easy to start from the beginning. If you have the other persons product then it is easier to see how it goes together in a kit form but not to 3D model it. Scanning a part can be done but the parts are not that difficult and to scan a part then clean it up would take hours. Quicker to just do it yourself.<br><br>

If I had another persons kit then I would have seen how it all goes together and then it would have saved us months of trail and error as we would see from the onset what works and what can be improved for production. We were not lucky to have a sample kit to study and then improve on. We had to go blindly forward and will be great full for feedback on improving it.

• Like 2

Peter, you are a lier. You have had ample time and opportunities to show your finished molds. All you do is spout hot air. If you personally did not recast my kit it was someone on your "team" .<br>

Buy refusing to show all of your molds you are admittedly proving you recast my kit.<br>

If I was a new business and I wanted no doubt about my armor, I would be proud to show them all off. What seems to be the reason you won't show them? Hasn't this gone on long enough? He won't defend himself with pics, just hot air, he is not even a 501st member. He is looking to make a quick $$$$$$ but he got caught.

• Like 1

So I have a question and please excuse my ignorance, Kevin I can't help but notice how closely your armor resembles the actual movie armor, how did you come by such detail?

• Like 1

On 5/31/2016 at 1:11 AM, ukswrath said:

So I have a question and please excuse my ignorance, Kevin I can't help but notice how closely your armor resembles the actual movie armor, how did you come by such detail?

I used all available references. I was at Celebration Anaheim, took massive amounts of pics from the prop room as well as the anovos statue and troopers walking around. Once the DNR was lifted I had access to the build threads, and saved all the pics from there as well. As you can see, my molds are made from wood, there is no way they could have been copied from any original source other than pictures.

I have been making armor molds for over 10 years. All of them are hand sculpted wood(MDF) with bondo to smooth. I make Clone, Havoc, Jedi/Sith, Imperial Knight, Mando(jango armor) as well as the TFA tk, FT and soon Snow trooper. I have always showed my progress pics if not here on my FB page as well as my garrison page as this is why I make the armor in the first place.....

If anyone NEEDS to see my reference pics I am more than happy to post the whole folder on photobucker for any and all to see.......

q9ubstc.jpg

vsy0Yb1.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021
  • Like 2

I am ultimately responsible for what happens for my business's and workers but I don't proclaim to know what they or how they are doing it to every detail.

So this settles it then? You don't know where or how your workers got these molds.

Edited by UT Trooper
  • Like 2

Peter, you are a lier. You have had ample time and opportunities to show your finished molds. All you do is spout hot air. If you personally did not recast my kit it was someone on your "team" .<br>

Be very careful. You have just potentially commited a litigable offense. If he lived in the states. You cannot without a shadow of doubt prove he recast anything, certainly not your armour.

Buy refusing to show all of your molds you are admittedly proving you recast my kit.<br>

If I was a new business and I wanted no doubt about my armor, I would be proud to show them all off. What seems to be the reason you won't show them? Hasn't this gone on long enough? He won't defend himself with pics, just hot air, he is not even a 501st member. He is looking to make a quick $$$$$$ but he got caught.

No. By not showing pictures of molds he could very easy be a) protecting shareholders, B) protecting copyright as he applies for a european license to manufacture the armour for disney, c) any number of business reasons.

The dead horse is a beaten bloody pulp. Wait for someone to look at one of the free sets of armour. Or better yet, please tell us how many suits youve sold to the uk, south east asia, and if they still have them. Maybe ask them if they sold them or loaned them to someone to copy.

Because to be honest im sure there are some who might think that you copied anovos armour.

Ever hear the saying " methinks she doth protest too much" ?

I think you've gone way overboard. No new evidence on your part. Are you even listed as a vetted seller on fisd ?

• Like 1

I used all available references. I was at Celebration Anaheim, took massive amounts of pics from the prop room as well as the anovos statue and troopers walking around. Once the DNR was lifted I had access to the build threads, and saved all the pics from there as well. As you can see, my molds are made from wood, there is no way they could have been copied from any original source other than pictures.

I have been making armor molds for over 10 years. All of them are hand sculpted wood(MDF) with bondo to smooth. I make Clone, Havoc, Jedi/Sith, Imperial Knight, Mando(jango armor) as well as the TFA tk, FT and soon Snow trooper. I have always showed my progress pics if not here on my FB page as well as my garrison page as this is why I make the armor in the first place.....

If anyone NEEDS to see my reference pics I am more than happy to post the whole folder on photobucker for any and all to see.......

Sounds good. I just heard some stupid rumor that you, in some part had a hand in the designing of the movie armor. I guess we can squash that  :)

• Like 2

And i quote this"Although there were not many references available prior to Anaheim Celebration, I was fortunate enough to assist a local member with his build of the anovos armor, with that being said, using all the reference pics as well as the build experience, "

That tells me that you could be accused of copying anovos armour. Is that what prompted the end of your for sale thread. A cease and desist order from anovos or disney legal?

Just curious.

No disrespect intended. But where the other guy has offered comparison suits, you havent. The other guy hasnt been given a c and d.

You realize one phone call to those at the issuers office of that notice pointing out fnarmor as another infringer ( if they copied yours instead of using their million dollars worth of staff and technology available to them) they will shut him down, too.