KingYeti's E-11 Build

KingYeti

Picked up BlasterMaster's 3D printed E-11. Turned out pretty nice. Definitely wouldn't want to troop with it but it will look good with my armor when it's on the mannequin. A lot of sanding. Wouldn't want to do it again.

hdqnMA3.jpgylDaS7c.jpg07gUmrz.jpgEZQ3LR6.jpg3vdxX0G.jpgOvnYrEi.jpg8bd1Vog.jpgDe2rbEW.jpg6Q9kwXA.jpgrayFjc4.jpg

Very nice work. Seems like a fairly straight forward kit to assemble. His print setting need a little tweeking, but a decent kit. I would re-paint the charging handle to the same color as the body because they were never that bright silver, but overall nice work

• Like 1

Very nice work. Seems like a fairly straight forward kit to assemble. His print setting need a little tweeking, but a decent kit. I would re-paint the charging handle to the same color as the body because they were never that bright silver, but overall nice work

Thanks. I plan to darken/ weather the charging port to make it look like worn metal.

• 4 weeks later...

Is the pattern on the bolt that hard to see, or is it just the lighting in the photos? That's one of the parts that puts me off from making a scratch-build because I haven't got access to a good enough router/mill, but the rest seems like things that can be made in your garage, so to say.

I bought one of these too and wouldn't do it again.

It's a ton of sanding and the parts and assembly feel really fragile. For $160 I would have thought I could have trooped with it. I didn't need something I could only display!

I bought the electronics kit too. It sounds pretty bad; I don't know if it's just a bad speaker or what.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey Yeti,

The build looks great, but I want to know is, how good is that folding stock? Do you think that is strong and accurate enough to be used on a pipe build?

Cheers

I don't think it's strong at all. You start to realize as you're building it that, the 3d parts are in layers and layers like to come apart. On the stock pieces, as I was trimming the extra plastics off the ends, the entire stock started to split longways. I glued it back together and it's stayed together but it is a very fragile prop replica. Good for display only.

• Like 1

Is the pattern on the bolt that hard to see, or is it just the lighting in the photos? That's one of the parts that puts me off from making a scratch-build because I haven't got access to a good enough router/mill, but the rest seems like things that can be made in your garage, so to say.

It has a very shallow pattern.

I'm not sure whether or not to keep spending time assembling mine; I just ordered an E-11 and DLT-19 from Hyperfirm for $400 and I know how great these are for trooping.

I just ordered the Hyperfirm too. You should finish the kit. It looks good on display.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Have you thought about finishing it with a few layers of XTC 3D High Performance 3D Print Coating? I have 2 coats on it and I have dropped mine at least 3 times now on the concrete, and not a dent. Its like adding a lightweight shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

Have you thought about finishing it with a few layers of XTC 3D High Performance 3D Print Coating? I have 2 coats on it and I have dropped mine at least 3 times now on the concrete, and not a dent. Its like adding a lightweight shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this uber kit on the way. I'm going to add weight inside the handle and a few other spots. Considering the XTC. Would you recommend applying this then paint black to see the spots that need sanding? Also was thinking to do this to the parts before assembling.

• 10 months later...
I have this uber kit on the way. I'm going to add weight inside the handle and a few other spots. Considering the XTC. Would you recommend applying this then paint black to see the spots that need sanding? Also was thinking to do this to the parts before assembling.

I would cover it while fully assembled, because it fills in the cracks. Apply the Resin, sand it, then add some black spray paint to it and it will turn out fine.