zv288bot's AP ANH stunt build! Whoop Whoop!

zv288bot

Looking good Jorge. I didn't realize you had that wireless mic setup when we trooped. I had the same one but didn't have the icomm at the time. I have since purchased an icomm so our communications on Friday will be the same!

I've used foam in the shins and they seem to stay in place, the Velcro solution sounds like it worked great as well.

I used the Velcro in the middle of the belt also. You can't see it and it takes some of the weight off the snaps.

• Like 1

I had a few issues with the aker headset just not picking up volume consistently. I bought a relatively inexpensive throat mic (was around ~$50) that fits nicely under the neckseal and doesn't move at all. Picks up even a whisper and adds a little more thematic distortion too.

Do you have a link to the unit you purchased, please and thanks!

• Like 1

Looking good Jorge. I didn't realize you had that wireless mic setup when we trooped. I had the same one but didn't have the icomm at the time. I have since purchased an icomm so our communications on Friday will be the same!

I've used foam in the shins and they seem to stay in place, the Velcro solution sounds like it worked great as well.

I used the Velcro in the middle of the belt also. You can't see it and it takes some of the weight off the snaps.

Most excellent! Velcro may be the solution for the belt. I was going to remove the line 20 snaps and replace them with line 24 snaps and see how that worked out but maybe I'll just slap some Velcro on it. Thanks for the ideas, see you Friday!

Ok Marc, best of both worlds at least for me. I mounted the Aker to the chest plate with velcro. I also added some ABS scraps to the speaker side of the Aker to give the speaker a little room and it now is facing forward. Here is how it came out.

1d17a9f8839149986e7270671d415c2c.jpg

77be2fd9d55deb8f53598141218652ff.jpg

6a0a4fd11e8baaf95e52c51475f5b1fa.jpg

cc90cf967c86be1e758c939536f2e3b0.jpg

I repeated the same process on the top as well.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Looking good mate! How's the volume now?
  • Like 1

Looking good mate! How's the volume now?

Haha! So I did my troop last week and didn't use it cause the 3 of us had the same wireless system and two of us had crosstalk! So I guess I won't be using the wireless when trooping with others. Really I need to get with the other tks at a non troop and see if the units will somehow find a different frequency on their own. Wishful thinking I am sure. Anyway, it's all good. I have a troop on Saturday and maybe Sunday so I will try the volume level out then. How goes the build?

• Like 1

Haha! So I did my troop last week and didn't use it cause the 3 of us had the same wireless system and two of us had crosstalk! So I guess I won't be using the wireless when trooping with others. Really I need to get with the other tks at a non troop and see if the units will somehow find a different frequency on their own. Wishful thinking I am sure. Anyway, it's all good. I have a troop on Saturday and maybe Sunday so I will try the volume level out then. How goes the build?

Going well mate. Pretty much finished the lid. So it will be back to trimming and sanding.....Again!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For $20.64 I thought it was a steal! Here is a picture of the tag for you.

The website said they had them at my local Walmart but no luck :(  That's a steal for that price!

• Like 1

The website said they had them at my local Walmart but no luck :(  That's a steal for that price!

Yeah, it's hit or miss. When I go to my local Wal Mart they are either in stock or out of stock. I would keep checking. Also a local Garrison mate has the same tote and said he picked up his at Target. I haven't confirmed if they are available but he said he even paid a dollar less?!!  :P

• Like 2

Beautiful work on your comms Jorge! I'm getting caught up slowly but surely and great to see your work again brother - fist bump!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, I did like 4 small dabs of e6000. I tried it on and off yesterday while testing my mic and had no issues.

The velcro works amazing. I just did the square on the front and presto fix o, it's now a non issue. Thanks again for that Brother!

Any time! Glad that worked out well for you! :) I may end up just using the front velcro now that it worked so well for you. I wanted to be sure it stayed put, and that's why I ended up doing the back too. 

• Like 2

Yeah, it's hit or miss. When I go to my local Wal Mart they are either in stock or out of stock. I would keep checking. Also a local Garrison mate has the same tote and said he picked up his at Target. I haven't confirmed if they are available but he said he even paid a dollar less?!!  :P

Oooo awesome call!  Found one just down the road! :D

TLIMTmR.jpg?1

• Like 3

Sir, were you ever able to find that build thread from Ukswrath? I've dug all around and haven't found it, or looked right over it.  A detailed description for the return edges would help me immensely.

Anyone of Tony's will be detailed enough to help you out. Here is his Anovos build thread. You'll get a really good idea from this.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/

Also, if you look in his signature line you will see the hyper links to all of his other build threads as well.

Did you start a build thread on here? We can help you out way easier with any questions you may have.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello... Check 1, 2 Check 1, 2... Is this thing on?
Anyhoo, it's been a while, after being approved mid last year I clocked in around 23 troops. Mid way through I started having issues with the same straps popping. I knew may snap method had gotten the best of me on a couple of straps but enough was enough. On my last sporting event troop I spent most of my time getting hit with Nerf gun darts and kept popping those pesky same snaps. So I remembered early on in my journey one gentlemen advocating for the double snap method and stating that he could do just about anything in his armor with no fear of popping a snap. Today, I have accepted and embarked on the challenge! Justjoseph, challenge accepted (well you never really personally challenged me and frankly when you wrote the statement it wasn't even in a thread that I was part of by I digress)! Anyhow, ripped out the old snaps ( thank you E6000), cut some fresh 2in poly webbing (oh yeah, go big or go home) got that horrible tool from Tandy out and started whacking away. Here is where it will lie till this time tomorrow.

0f066e414a422132ddb1ede7024939ab.jpg
sent from my phone

Edited by zv288bot
  • Like 3

Be sure to trim that divot on the kidney plate bottom edge. you can leave a small bit of return edge, but the actual divot is supposed to be gone,

Sent from my SM-T217T using Tapatalk

Hi Martin, can you help me out, I am missing what you're catching. Thanks!

• Like 2

Hi Martin, can you help me out, I am missing what you're catching. Thanks!

Jorge, I didn't notice that this was your build. I am sure that you have already done so, and I just couldn't see it in that recent picture of the new double snaps that you installed. Please ignore my comment.

• Like 1

Jorge, I didn't notice that this was your build. I am sure that you have already done so, and I just couldn't see it in that recent picture of the new double snaps that you installed. Please ignore my comment.

No worries Brother! I could have very well missed something so please comment away. I just sometimes (ok most of the time) need it pointed out visually. Thanks again Martin!

• Like 2

Hello... Check 1, 2 Check 1, 2... Is this thing on?

Anyhoo, it's been a while, after being approved mid last year I clocked in around 23 troops. Mid way through I started having issues with the same straps popping. I knew may snap method had gotten the best of me on a couple of straps but enough was enough. On my last sporting event troop I spent most of my time getting hit with Nerf gun darts and kept popping those pesky same snaps. So I remembered early on in my journey one gentlemen advocating for the double snap method and stating that he could do just about anything in his armor with no fear of popping a snap. Today, I have accepted and embarked on the challenge! Justjoseph, challenge accepted (well you never really personally challenged me and frankly when you wrote the statement it wasn't even in a thread that I was part of by I digress)! Anyhow, ripped out the old snaps ( thank you E6000), cut some fresh 2in poly webbing (oh yeah, go big or go home) got that horrible tool from Tandy out and started whacking away. Here is where it will lie till this time tomorrow.

0f066e414a422132ddb1ede7024939ab.jpg

sent from my phone

Turned out great Jorge. This will be a huge improvement and worth the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi all, Is the kidney plate upside down? I thought the notch goes at bottom.

Hey Richard, 

I'm pretty sure that Jorge has a tabbed shim of sorts there on the right hand side.  It's white and blends in.  It prevents shifting of the ab plate and kidney.   In the pic it kind of looks like a kidney notch, but it's not.  :)

• Like 2

Hi all, Is the kidney plate upside down? I thought the notch goes at bottom.

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

The notch is out of frame in the picture. What we are seeing is the top part of Jorge's connection flap for the right side of the kidney plate. Go back further in his initial build, and you will see what it is. His build has already been approved, but he was posting information about his changes for a double snap connection to prevent armor falling apart during .troops

• Like 2