zv288bot's AP ANH stunt build! Whoop Whoop!

zv288bot

Way to go on your EIB!!! Fist bump!!!

Thank you sir. It's peeps like you that keep me on my toes and pushing forward.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes!! That's awesome, Jorge!! CONGRATULATIONS! I figured that was coming soon! ;)

You're next bro!

• Like 1

I also purchased my first armor transport today as well. At this point I wish I knew where I saw the heads up on this one but some trooper mentioned it somewhere. It's from Walmart, it is 40 gal and it fits in the back seat of my corolla! $20 and some random change. It's got a cool handle and it's blacker than Vader's heart.

aa1ca68b50dafb85ac3aed1c01685313.jpg

9eb8a349e440df4bcb9ec87604e8e0a1.jpg

Stickers did not come with it. ;p

Lookin good bud!..wish I had known about that trunk from Walmart..that's a great price and size too!

Yes it's a great deal and I got everything to fit inside it as well! Initially I wasn't sure if the helmet would fit but I packed it all up last night and it looks good! Whoop whoop!

I'm hitting up Walmart this weekend now! lol

For $20.64 I thought it was a steal! Here is a picture of the tag for you.

088c2e31064660df2c39cc0c87aac38a.jpg

I just want to say thank you for sharing this deal you found on the storage tote. I looked it up online and raced to a local Wal-Mart that had them in stock.

I'm in Canada so Wal-Mart charges a little more for it here due to the exchange rate, but even so it's still a steal! These things tend to be a bit expensive up here, this one however is not overpriced. I'm so glad I came across your thread, I actually have the AP kit too so it's really great to hear that your armor and your bucket all fit inside this bin! I also drive a Toyota Corolla so it fits in the back seat no problem.

LOL what a crazy coincidence; AP Kit inside a Sterilite Tote in the back of a Toyota Corolla.

image_zpsktfmpxz0.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Look what showed up today! Wireless system for my troop arrives tomorrow! First troop is on Friday!!

0824b3c202d5f17c5f8c72175d6a8e8d.jpg

Edited by zv288bot
  • Like 6

Here is the wireless system. Looks like a similar model sold before, it cost 23 bucks with free shipping, I spent more on less so here goes nothing. I will troop tomorrow with it.

b9b4b6ac9c71b4cb186a0c83a9096002.jpg

bba4938f1d177284fae59f24da463a5b.jpg

It even came with a "free gift"...

47a696c6d639a6d0cf7d3880566adf9f.jpg

• Like 1

Ok so I had my first official troop yesterday, it was a little over an hour with a lot of kids. Of course it was without it's follies. Here is what I experienced and also look for thoughts from you all.

First, the S gasket I purchased keeps falling of the rim of the helmet. My garrison bud suggested E6000 on a couple of spots as he experienced the same situation on a previous troop. So applied 5 small little dabs at various spots but honestly, I'm looking at replacing it all in general.

fbed4ab1addf110c746499b6fe5ea5f2.jpg

• Like 2

The next issue I had experienced was my ammo belt plastic thing worn around the waist popped off at one point. I did use line 20 snaps at the time of building because I had painted a tan TKittle belt white and didn't know if it was gonna fly or not. Until I figure it out the next step I currently placed some velcro in for added support.

8e6a10cf8361eb1c1e1849030b576399.jpg

• Like 2

The third thing that became a no thing was prior to my first troop I was having issues with shins twisting and not staying straight. After reading various posts by other members it seemed that most settled on this and it worked like a charm. I was afraid the velcro mounted directly the boot wouldn't last but it didn't budge in the hour plus troop.

5a884fefd0d1ee1ca33d5b4e89e9b541.jpg

Inside the shin.

58483b77b3d736c790c6b598edd65c94.jpg

I just did the one on the front.

• Like 2

Lastly....and I will have to look further into this one is feedback. Lot's at higher volume, the mic that came with the aker has an adjustable boom that naturally did not want to stay close to the mouth. Not sure if speaker placement/mic is the issue. Thoughts?

5a9437c04ff5f63d1a8d5617b71b79c7.jpg

• Like 1

Lastly....and I will have to look further into this one is feedback. Lot's at higher volume, the mic that came with the aker has an adjustable boom that naturally did not want to stay close to the mouth. Not sure if speaker placement/mic is the issue. Thoughts?

5a9437c04ff5f63d1a8d5617b71b79c7.jpg

On my last build I didn't fix my aker to my chest plate. I just used the neck strap. I also thought that the volume needed to be higher than it was, but then I got feedback. I turned it down until the feedback stopped, got my son to throw on the armour and tested again. I was surprised that the volume level was good, despite what I initially thought was too low. Also had the speaker facing away from me. Does that make sense?

On my last build I didn't fix my aker to my chest plate. I just used the neck strap. I also thought that the volume needed to be higher than it was, but then I got feedback. I turned it down until the feedback stopped, got my son to throw on the armour and tested again. I was surprised that the volume level was good, despite what I initially thought was too low. Also had the speaker facing away from me. Does that make sense?

I will definitely give that shot! It's so hard to get any idea of volume level with my bucket. I like the idea of having someone else wear it while getting a general idea for level as well as facing the speaker outward.

Thanks for the ideas!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Marc, best of both worlds at least for me. I mounted the Aker to the chest plate with velcro. I also added some ABS scraps to the speaker side of the Aker to give the speaker a little room and it now is facing forward. Here is how it came out.

1d17a9f8839149986e7270671d415c2c.jpg

77be2fd9d55deb8f53598141218652ff.jpg

6a0a4fd11e8baaf95e52c51475f5b1fa.jpg

cc90cf967c86be1e758c939536f2e3b0.jpg

I repeated the same process on the top as well.

• Like 2

During my research, I never really came across a thread that spoke about how "tight" the armor should be in relation to your body at the ab/kidney section. When I built my kit I went for accuracy but comfort as well. I left about a half inch of return on the top and bottom of the kidney plate so I guess when I was sizing and felt that I pretty much assumed that was good enough.
During my build I added the tab system to hold the right forward facing side in line. The issue I experience with my design was that any kind of major fast pace movement caused the two edges that butted together to slip and overlap. This would then shrink my waist size causing the TD side of my belt to immediately sag. At one point as I was leaving the troop, my belt unsnapped from the front as well and fell down around my knees. Thank goodness it was down the hall and no one saw me.  :huh: 

The fix was pretty simple. I added a extra piece of ABS to the back of my bridge act as a stopper. Here are some pictures.

d14d36319aaa545953bc8141daa557cf.jpg

Originally the tab went past the raised/bridge area but now with the stopper in place I needed to trim off about a 1/4 of an inch.

87d45a1c28ed6a21d82d6d10d11a2c2a.jpg

Trimmed up and works great!

92d2b1618eec71264dfbd0ee85c6dea3.jpg

bf1d29aa6740fc89907dcb7d248425a5.jpg

Nice and flush.

Edited by zv288bot
  • Like 4

I had a few issues with the aker headset just not picking up volume consistently.  I bought a relatively inexpensive throat mic (was around ~$50) that fits nicely under the neckseal and doesn't move at all.  Picks up even a whisper and adds a little more thematic distortion too.

• Like 1

Congrats on your first troop, Jorge!! My S-trim did the same thing, I may be adding a dab of glue as well. The headset seems to get snagged on it pretty easily.

How did the velcro on the boots work for you?

Yeah, I did like 4 small dabs of e6000. I tried it on and off yesterday while testing my mic and had no issues.

The velcro works amazing. I just did the square on the front and presto fix o, it's now a non issue. Thanks again for that Brother!

• Like 2