Meaning Pauldron Colors

Hello,

I have a regular Stormtrooper costume and I use the E-11 blaster. I recently bought a DLT-19 heavy blaster. Now I'd like to buy a pauldron, but I can't decide if I should go for the orange or black color. I've read that the heavy weapon troopers wear an orange one, but I've also read that a trooper using the DLT-19 can also wear a black pauldron. Which color should I go for if I want to be screenaccurate?

Cheers,

Mathias

According to the CRL (LINK) you can use any of the 3 pauldrons (Black, White or Orange) for a basic or EIB level approval.

Centurion level approval you must only have orange only.. 

Pauldron
For 501st approval:
  • A black, orange, or white neck ornament made of leather or a leather-like material, worn over the right shoulder. 

For level two certification (if applicable):
  • Pauldron is of the padded "puffy" variety.
  • Older style flat and off color pauldrons are incorrect.
For level three certification (if applicable):
  • Pauldron color is orange.

Hope this helps  :smiley-sw013:

TD 42115

• Like 1

An there is no official meaning of the color.

"I think that's the most plausible explanation I've heard yet. But as not every sandtrooper had a pauldron, I'd think it would have worked out:

Orange = commissioned officer
Black|White = senior non-commissioned officer (e.g. E6 or E7 +) (I'm guessing black)
Black|White = junior non-commissioned officer (e.g. corporal, sergeant, maybe staff sgt) (I'm guessing white)
no pauldron = enlisted (non NCO)

I figure black is the senior to white simply as it makes the most sense in terms of color progression." - Daetrin (http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/1809-pauldron-colors-rank/)

Edited by T K
  • Like 1

Probably been said, but I've seen a number TKs wear them in rebels, though they are often leading the squadron. I wouldn't be able to say what colours though. Ones I can recall are black, white and red. It could be down to planetary garrisons? Though the 501st don't currently allow it under certain levels of TK or TD, I believe that they should review the rebels TKs (or at least their accessories) because Rebels is part of the official Canon now

Oh and pauldrons are pretty awesome

Edited by The Anonymous Egyptian
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

According to the CRL (LINK) you can use any of the 3 pauldrons (Black, White or Orange) for a basic or EIB level approval.

Centurion level approval you must only have orange only.. 

Pauldron

For 501st approval:

• A black, orange, or white neck ornament made of leather or a leather-like material, worn over the right shoulder. 

For level two certification (if applicable):

• Pauldron is of the padded "puffy" variety.
  • Older style flat and off color pauldrons are incorrect.
For level three certification (if applicable):

• Pauldron color is orange.

Hope this helps  :smiley-sw013:

TD 42115

Old thread, but it was linked in a recent discussion, and this caught my interested.

Why would Centurion approval be limited Orange to orange?  Aren't there existing examples of troopers wearing all three colors?  (black, white, orange)

Old thread, but it was linked in a recent discussion, and this caught my interested.

Why would Centurion approval be limited Orange to orange? Aren't there existing examples of troopers wearing all three colors? (black, white, orange)

The reasoning for this, I might be wrong, is that HWT is based off the Imperial Schocktroopers in Battkefront II. These troopers only had orange pauldrons.

Again, I could be wrong.

• Like 1

The reasoning for this, I might be wrong, is that HWT is based off the Imperial Schocktroopers in Battkefront II. These troopers only had orange pauldrons.

Again, I could be wrong.

You may be wrong, but it makes sense. :)

I guess I know which one I'm going to want, if I expect to be able to do double duty for a TD!

As for meaning, what we had adopted over at the MEPD is as follows;

CAPTAIN – Orange Pauldron

PRIVATE – Black Pauldron

SERGEANT – White Pauldron

NO RANK – Pauldronless

Yeah, give the sniper check to the most visible.

I like armies that do that.

This thread may be a bit enlightening, Mathias.. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32279-pauldrons-and-tks/?hl=pauldrons Are pauldrons cool looking?  Of course!  But... (and this may open up a can of worms)... unless you are a Sandie or Heavy Weapons Trooper, I don't recommend wearing one.

It is fairly easy to mod an existing ANH Stunt TK into a HWT, and it can serve you in both capacities.  The pack will run you less than $50.00 in materials, the ammo pouches less than $30.00 for a set.  If you need any further info., just PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

• Like 1