Did you know?

The5thHorseman

All members of the 501st Legion, rejoice yourselves! After our infamous "Mr. No Stripes" from ANH we now have our very "Mr. Black Shoulder Bell" from TFA.

vlcsna11.jpg

vlcsna12.jpg

So I've come to ask myself... should it be mentionned in the CRL? If I want my FOTK to have a black shoulder bell, can I? Is it 501st approvable?  :P

Or is it just J.J. Abrahams trolling us? If so, I find it very funny!

• Like 9

So I've come to ask myself... should it be mentionned in the CRL? If I want my FOTK to have a black shoulder bell, can I? Is it 501st approvable?  :P

Looks deliberate to me. Hero shot, not a stunt background.

Looks deliberate to me. Hero shot, not a stunt background.

The odd thing is, there's no continuity between scenes. Both the one before and after this shot show two white shoulder bells. The plot thickens!

By the way, did you also all know that Riot Control troopers were present during this raid on Jakku? I sure didn't!

vlcsna13.jpg

vlcsna15.jpg

vlcsna14.jpg

vlcsna16.jpg
Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1

WTHeck never noticed them in those scenes. Time to go back and do a frame by frame.

The black shoulder bell is still very odd. I've been wondering if it had any significance or they knew they were doing a night shot and didn't care if a temporary black bell was in the scene. Be interested to find out none the less.

• Like 1

Nice! Well, I'm sure someone broke a part and someone just slapped something on for the scenes.

Yeah, but why black?! If the bell had been longer, then it could have been one taken from a TIE costume, but the size is identical to the stormtrooper bells... That's really confusing.

Yeah, but why black?! If the bell had been longer, then it could have been one taken from a TIE costume, but the size is identical to the stormtrooper bells... That's really confusing.

Heck maybe it's gaffers taped

They do appear to have some white tape:

vlcsna17.jpg

Interesting to note that it seems like a common thing for the FOTK to have the forearms closed like that at the wrist by tape.

Edited by The5thHorseman

They do appear to have some white tape:

vlcsna17.jpg

Interesting to note that it seems like a common thing for the FOTK to have the forearms closed like that at the wrist by tape.

Good point on the white tape also.

I'm curious if being placed on the wrist was to help keep the armor from tearing up towards the elbow. That's one heck of a gap.

LOL!

That would just be awesome...

And possible. He knows who we are, he knows what we do, he probably knows how much we go crazy about details and variations... He has put so many easter eggs in the movie that this doesnt sound to extreme...

To put one single unfitting detail on a tk... Just to see how far the joke can go?

Sounds like somethimg JJ would do.

How cool it would be if in a few years he says something like... Hey, remember that black shoulder bell you have been discussing about since 2016, I just put it there to see what the 501st would make of it.

Saludos.

• Like 4

Looks like we aren't done with the End Cap rings yet :P

vlcsna19.jpg

More seriously, I guess this is how they attached the strap that is present on the blaster Rey is using at one point.

I must have stopped the movie a dozen times trying to figure out how the front strap is secured in the front. Best shots are when she's scaling the base wall. It almost appears to be secured under the folding grip. Not sure

• Like 1

I must have stopped the movie a dozen times trying to figure out how the front strap is secured in the front. Best shots are when she's scaling the base wall. It almost appears to be secured under the folding grip. Not sure

I'm not to this part of the film yet (watching frame by frame takes a looooooot of time), but from what I recall the strap is attached where the front sticker goes:

22477810.jpg

Edited by The5thHorseman

I'm not to this part of the film yet (watching frame by frame takes a looooooot of time), but from what I recall the strap is attached where the front sticker goes:

22477810.jpg

ooh you may be onto something here  :duim:

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe they got the idea for the FN black shoulder bell from this TK from ESB having a serious wardrobe malfunction.  After seeing ESB for the gazillionth time I just noticed this!

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working