Starfox2010's TFA Stormtrooper Build

Will do Tony, just going to sand down the top rib a bit to lay half way instead of 2/3 of the way.  Think I seen what you mean on the Anovos display

Sorry for Potato quality.

Anovos_bicep_1.jpg

I also finally received my soft parts from Anovos, and the TD replacement piece is on the way.   However, not a big deal but the gloves I ordered were Large, and I received Medium.

I already got accurate ones that I bought with my boots so I might just sell these if I cant get them replaced.

20160803_122531.jpg

• Like 1

Little by little im getting it going.

Here's the ab boxes.  I kind of messed up, I should have just shaved and evened out the little return edges on them, they were a great fit, however after thinking about it 100x I cut and shaved them off and needed to re form them

and wasnt a great fit afterwards, especially the end boxes.  The great part is that I don't have to glue them so I can go pack if needed.

Holes and screws 

2016-08-09_11.35.32.jpg

Ab boxes and fitting.

2016-08-09_11.36.42.jpg

• Like 1

This had to be one of the most time consuming sections of my build. Between shaping them to the ab and squaring up the corners for accuracy, what a pain in the posterior lol

• Like 2

This had to be one of the most time consuming sections of my build. Between shaping them to the ab and squaring up the corners for accuracy, what a pain in the posterior lol

and to this day, the edges are not sharp enough and the gap isnt close enogh (which is why I messed up). I'm just glad I'ts not set in stone so I can re-evaluate once I feel my armor is finished, before painting.

• Like 1

Got to work this weekend, the family finally let me. 

20160813_194448.jpg

Connected the shoulders and biceps.

2016-08-14_16.15.25.jpg

Finally connected the backplate.  I missed some spots on the sides, I have to go back and glue them.  Pretty good join though.

2016-08-14_18.57.41.jpg

Also filled the return edges.  not sure when I decide to be brave enough and fill in the wing gaps a bit but still planning on it.

2016-08-14_16.14.22.jpg

and also did the shin thingies (I believe that's the proper name for them).  I cleaned them up after I took this pic, and doing the puty thing 

when I finallize all the pieces.

20160814_161053.jpg

Off to the Grebleis, then the belt boxes.  Can't do the TD until they send me the messed up piece.  still waiting....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been able to do too much, getting close to that end stretch of putting things together and start on adding the putty and fine tuning things.

I believe these ribbed things are called "thingamabobs" but I could be wrong :D, anyway, I fogot to put them on the last time.

20160829_072700.jpg

Started working on the TD,  I figured i'll probobly get that replacement part from Anovos in about a year, so I sanded down that little bad area (will show later)

I only glued this part though, will work on the rest this week. (everything looks even, although it doesn't look that way in this pic.

20160829_072712.jpg

Glued the pieces on both spats and created the hole for the snaps.  My drill bit was't big enough so I had to improvise.

20160829_072747.jpg

I kinda messed up here but not in a bad way, I wanted to add the cal Glue on the areas that were under the chest plate so I wouldn't have to do the putty

however I didn't fill it in to all the areas.  You can see the dust settle into the cracks, I will fill it in later.

20160829_072820.jpg

Lastly, I also filled in the little gaps from the biceps as well

20160829_072648.jpg

• Like 1

Here's the TD piece. I filed and sanded it down, i'm just going to ad some cal glue from the inside to give it some strength.  You can see through it in the light.

Also going to make sure it faces the back plate.

2016-08-30_11.38.07.jpg

• Like 1

Tadaaa!

20160904_191300.jpg

20160904_191330.jpg

had a bit of an oopsie.  

1. I Left the magnets inside so I had to make an opening to get then out....lol

20160905_122311.jpg

2. I swore I had this piece leveled out but I think the magnets slipped a bit.  Nothing huge but I hope you cant tell much when putting

the black tape on it.

20160905_123457.jpg

I also took care of these.

Right thigh holster piece.

20160904_191246.jpg

Reinforced the inside of the yoke shoulders (I hope)

20160904_191346.jpg

Glued the thingamabobs to the Grebles thingie. Just need to glue the female snaps.

20160904_191232.jpg

And I hope I did this right but I put cal glue in the chest plate openings so they wont be so deep... :mellow:

The return edges are also flattened out to flow through.

20160904_191517.jpg

20160904_191426.jpg

Lastly, I took a step back and seen what I have accomplished so far. 

20160905_125453.jpg

and the couldn't help but put it on... :D

20160905_201423.jpg

So I believe im 1/3rd of the way there  :blink:.   Next up, Puttying (that's a word right?), yet more sanding, the belt

and adding the metal holster. 

• Like 2

2. I swore I had this piece leveled out but I think the magnets slipped a bit.  Nothing huge but I hope you cant tell much when putting

the black tape on it.

20160905_123457.jpg

I had the same problem. And sadly you can see it, even after putting tape on it (I tested it). :(

Because of this fact, I used some putty on the tubes edge for simulating the straight look.

I had the same problem. And sadly you can see it, even after putting tape on it (I tested it). :(

Because of this fact, I used some putty on the tubes edge for simulating the straight look.

Supposedly I'm getting a replacement from Anovos for it, this one was defective but I messed with it to where I could smooth it out.  If I get it on time, 

ill see about removing this one some how and replacing it.  otherwise, ill try your method.  Thanks.

Crazy work load so far, it's coming together though! Have you gathered paint supplies? Or is this already finished glossy plastic? 

Yea, crazy indeed.

I haven't ordered the paint.  I'm going to check with a couple of local shops for their cost.  I have one in particular where I know the owner through a friend. so crossing

my fingers he'd give me a good deal.  Otherwise ill need to result to using the cans, not a bad thing but I've seen some bad outcomes from it. and people having to sand down and start over.  

this finished glossy plastic would have been perfect if we didn't have to do all these mods to the armor.  It reminds me of my ANH armor from AM.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, it's been a while.   Lots of family events, birthdays and the kids got over the dog so now he follows me around everywhere (Even to the bathroom, Walter.  Can't work on my armor in there anymore (INSIDE JOKE)).

Anyways, I've ran into a big problem where I've had to re-do the putty on the chest, forearms and left shin.  It fells like every time I put it on, it still feels like it hasn't hardened.  and then 

I get little holes to where I practically sand everything down just to even it out, needing to start all over.  I think for now im just going to start sanding everything down before I work on the puttying. I feel like i'm getting nowhere. 

Here are some pics so far.

Sanded left shin and comparison

1a7033d7-516e-4105-aa56-0010db450edc.jpg

Center chest piece. 

a05516ca-46e7-4375-a887-42d59e80e4ed.jpg

AREAS THAT I NEED TO REDO

the wings, although its smooth I have some rough areas that don't go away. 

20161002_195609.jpg

Forearm This piece alone had dented my ego lol.

20161002_195542.jpg

These are the little holes I get.  Hope you can see them.

380a5208-e838-4eca-a0e5-f18f6ee23667.jpg

I've never had a problem with my daughters Sabine helmet, but that was made from resin. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't done much lately. I started working on a quick costume for Halloween since I didn't meet the deadline.

Putty paste is exactly what I'm thinking. Rick you using bondo?

Yea i'm using bondo.  So weird, I even bought an extra pack in case the first one was bad (had it for a while)  and same thing happened.

I sanded the areas, washed with dish soap let it dry then applied the bondo. 

I had to wait until next month (next week) in order to buy the poly-flex putty hoping that does the trick.

Edited by Starfox2010