Anyone deal with Doopydoos lately?

Much as I despise bad customer contact...<br><br>

I do like the kits :D they're just so solid feeling!<br><br>

I bought two of the complete kits, one to keep as a display/spare and one for trooping.<br><br>

However, i'll now probably make one a standard ANH E-11 and convert the other to ROTJ, to go with the shock trooper i'll be starting soon.<br><br>

• Like 1

I ordered a hasbro conversion, a full kit and a pipe kit but tbh I'm at the end of my tether with them. I've sent 3 emails and tried calling both numbers but still heard nothing back. It's been a month tomorrow. Not sure what to do next.

I ordered a hasbro conversion, a full kit and a pipe kit but tbh I'm at the end of my tether with them. I've sent 3 emails and tried calling both numbers but still heard nothing back. It's been a month tomorrow. Not sure what to do next.

Paypal dispute? It's a difficult situation. On one hand, you really want the stuff you ordered, but on the other hand, how long is acceptable to wait?

Lee, have you gone back and double checked your spam email filter, etc? 

Just "thinking out loud" here a little bit. 

I know that when I had ordered my kit, it took about a month before I heard anything, and I did manage to misunderstand an empty email that I'd received from them at one point in time.

As Mark said above, it is a difficult situation, for the reasons that he outlined. 

I'm hoping that you've got a satisfactory resolution soon.  Keep us posted.

If you happen to know anyone around Cleethorpes, I can PM you the sender details that was packaged with my order ;)

Tim<br><br>

I got an empty email when they got their items in stock and a confirmation when I paid. I'll give it a couple more weeks and then let PayPal deal with it. I've checked my spam email but nothing. I might try to email him from my work email later on today incase my hotmail has issues.<br><br>

Mark<br><br>

Thanks. As luck would have it, my family mostly live about 3 miles from cleethorpes and I'm going to see them for the bank holiday. Might be worth seeing if I can collect it. Now if only I could contact him...............

Edited by Lee_C_77
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason they've just refunded me. I opened a PayPal case as it's been 6 weeks, with no communication, more to get an answer from them than anything. <br><br>

At least I'm not out of pocket but I now need to try to get another pipe kit. <br><br>

The annoying thing is, if he'd just replied to an email and said that they'd messed up my order, I'd have just said hang on to my money until you do another run!<br><br>

Any other suppliers of pipe build kits?

• 2 months later...

I'm having an issue with them as well. I ordered my kit June 1. Got an email saying it was dispatched June 26. And still nothing. I've emailed repeatedly with no response. I sent an email giving them til this Friday to either contact me or refund my money. This has gotten to be ridiculous. Especially considering I've had three other packages from the uk bought since then and delivered. I would not recommend doopy doos if this is the best they can do for customer service. Pretty poor. Over 2 months and no emails no blaster.

• Like 1

Make sure you do the moving trigger mod, as mines glued in and doesn't feel right...

I'd also advise the Mag being held on with magnets as its easily knocked off...

the force? oh I'll use the force, bring me a hammer...

Moving triggers without clicks or earth shattering kabooms ...irk me.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just received mine, granted it took 3 weeks after I got a dispatched email. Communication was horrendous I sent four emails and didn't get an answer back until I sent one asking for a read receipt with a generic reply. Don't like to talk bad about someone but a little communication goes a long way.

I just received mine, granted it took 3 weeks after I got a dispatched email. Communication was horrendous I sent four emails and didn't get an answer back until I sent one asking for a read receipt with a generic reply. Don't like to talk bad about someone but a little communication goes a long way.

It's a shame when their product is so blummin' addictive to build... My 3rd resin E-11 kit is due tomorrow :D

It's a shame when their product is so blummin' addictive to build... My 3rd resin E-11 kit is due tomorrow :D

I'm toying with a 2nd but that email comms.....Well that and I'd have to buy another load of accessory parts!

So I figured I would give everyone an update. I opened a PayPal case about 2 weeks ago because it has been over 2 months since I placed my order with doopy doos. I have never gotten an email back from doopy doos. Either though regular email or PayPal messaging. They sent a message 3 days after I opened the case with an alleged tracking number. Today my money was refunded. Still no email from them with any sort of explanation. I find this very poor customer service. So everyone beware if you are in the US. I will never order from them again. And to avoid all this all it would've taken was for them to take 5 minutes and send me an email.

• 1 month later...

So as a curiosity is there any other options for either resin or pipe kits besides doopys?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Sheartech do one I think. Also based off a real sterling, whilst I can't speak to quality as I've never seen one the guy who runs it is a nice guy.

You'll be able to find them on facebook.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly i had to ask refund to paypal..

after almost 3 months since payment for an E11 resin kit i have received nothing and they don't reply either trhough paypal.

I ordered 2 kits in the past, when they were selling them trhough ebay and everything was fine. But not this time, not trhough their website.

Edited by skyone

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a full resin kit on Nov. 7th and it's almost a full month now that I've heard nothing nor see a package at my door. Do you guys think I should ask paypal for a refund or should I wait a bit longer? Honestly I've never had a problem with Doopydoos before but this is getting ridiculous.

The first time I ordered from them it took a little over 7 weeks for it to arrive.  Numerous emails went unanswered, so after 6 weeks I finally got fed up and contacted PayPal to ask if they could intervene.  Not cancel the payment, but find out what the problem was.  Mysteriously, I got an email from DD the next day, and 5 days later my kit arrived safe and sound.

I have ordered from them several times since then, and now know that it is simply a waiting game.  Your item will arrive, but on their own sweet time.

• Like 1

I think sometimes they prioritise uk orders first. Saying that though I'm based in the uk my first kit took about 2 months. But when I ordered the second, once the confirmation email came through, I replied saying that I know it takes time to deliver. However, this is a Christmas present for my son and would appreciate it if delivery could be sooner rather than later. It turned up within 3 weeks I think.

Marc

I ordered a full resin kit on Nov. 7th and it's almost a full month now that I've heard nothing nor see a package at my door. Do you guys think I should ask paypal for a refund or should I wait a bit longer? Honestly I've never had a problem with Doopydoos before but this is getting ridiculous.

It was virtually 2 months to the day before my kit was despatched. During that time I sent 2 or 3 emails enquiring the order status, which went unanswered.

The patience of a Jedi is required when dealing with Doopydoos.

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've created account so I could respond in this thread.

I've made order and payment on October 12th.

There wasn't a single update after conformation mail from Doopydoos.

No mail about shipping, no responses to about 6-7 mails I've sent.

The item didn't arrive and yesterday was 3 months from order.

I've even started PayPal complaint and got no response, now I am waiting for refund.

Is it so hard to write a single e-mail. "Sorry, it will take us x months to send you item. Please be patient"

Don't order from them, they are terrible.It is like playing russian roulette. Find an alternative.

Edited by Skullo