Anovos and RS side by side.

Maybe the reason the similarities are so prevalent with the suits is that the materials Disney made available allowed them to make sculpts/molds of some very accurate pieces...while allowing them to take their liberties such as cleaning it up, sharpening details, etc.

Because that would make too much sense ;). It's easier and more dramatic to conjure up conspiracy theories then to except that maybe Disney and Anovos had advance 3d scanning tools and access to nothing but the finest TK armor LFL had to offer to a company that just paid billions for the rights. Heaven forbid if they also included that as part of the purchasing agreement.

• Like 2

I think there are some photos missing from the thread.  I'll have to go over them again.

Personally when you own the suit, and you stand there with very little time, we were a little rushed in the process of doing this.

having the parts right there in front of you shows several major differences in each part.

Helmets are completely different.  RS having the bumpy finish and the lines on the cap n back from the HDPE

Shoulder straps are a completely different shape

Shoulder bells are different, with anovos having a larger swoop.

Chest on the Anovos is larger

torso clearly shows a larger shape on the anovos.

The photos were arranged by the owner of the RS suit, and he didn't want to move them around.

The RS suit makers have mentioned that they resculpted all parts presented to them, and I think this includes paul's sculpts.

The sniper knee on both the RS and the AV are completely different from what I see on screen.

When we do another troop, after I'm done making 7 suits of armor, I'll make sure and get a few more snaps.

Personally I think it's amazing that people can see some kind of recasting going on between RS and AV.  They clearly come from the same source, and again clearly have been modified.  The details of assembly on the legs, forearms and biceps makes the recast debate go away for me.

Some of you think there is a conspiracy.  I have to laugh at that, sure the photos arn't perfect.  Why don't you guys start posting photos.. This is a free and open forum.  Instead of pointless debate, let's all work together to solve the issue.

I for one cannot say recast.  But then what do I know... 

Edited by TK bondservnt
  • Like 1

You have a good point here however, I didn't just base my opinion simply on Vern's pictures. ;)  I've held both sets of armor in my hands (side by side). I'll agree the lineage is very similar, but being recast? That's my opinion. I've never met an engineer that can simply look at an image of an object and duplicate it exactly or know every detail without first having it in their hands or some specifications. 

I doubt anyone here on the FISD was present when Anovos acquired whatever armor they used as their template, or there if they decided to personalized their version of it. One thing is for certain, since Anovos has come onto the scene there's been an all out assault by some to crucify them for any reason possible. That's also an opinion.

If Vern decides to post side by side comparisons that's his prerogative, if he doesn't, don't chastise him for it. 

Very well put.  I knew this thread was going to go crazy.

If there are any members with Anovos armor, or RS armor please post some photos.  let's have some fun.

and can we keep NE armor out of this... I started this thread to compare RS and AV.  not the whole freaking bucket of circus animals.

and if you don't understand why I put the backplates at different light angles, is because you can't see the differences.  by having them at different angles I was purposefully using the light to my advantage.

Edited by TK bondservnt

How can you say that?

How can Anovos and NE share the same parts Rob sculpted?

Please explain how this is possible because these parts are unique to RS.

The sniper knee and the thigh power pack... are those the parts sculpted and sent to RS?

The sniper knee on the anovos is really really different from the RS.  and none of them look like the screen used versions.

if so, then I can say they are not the same on each suit.

Edited by TK bondservnt
  • Like 1

Isn't the best method for direct comparison, to photograph each item from exactly the same angle (individually), then stitch the two photos next to each other?<br>

If you physically put the two pieces side-by-side, there are differences in angle, lighting, etc.

if we intended to we would, but this was a fun get together. by no means attempting to be 'photographic evidence in the court'

I actually started this thread to get troopers to photograph RS and AV together.

we can post more photos in the future... and we will.

you can post more photos and I hope you will.

Edited by TK bondservnt
  • Like 1

The Anovos comments say multiple sources were used to create the 3D models. Specific parts not matching a specific suit doesn't prove that suit was not used as reference, scan, etc for other parts. Anovos may have combined scans or reference from multiple instances of the same part to create a composite version.<br><br>

If there are parts about a suit that are distinctly different enough from the screen used suits to identify the maker, doesn't that say those parts aren't very accurate?<br><br>

I would think scans from two separate screen used suits should be almost identical unless there were defects in the suits that made certain parts unique.

The medium to produce the forming tool.  This is what makes the difference in a part.  I know by holding both parts in my hands, and observing the difference.

The forming tools used to produce AV armor, has nothing in comparison directly in form with the RS parts.

The avovos sculpt does not keep the brian muir sculpt alive... it has changed it.

Because that would make too much sense ;). It's easier and more dramatic to conjure up conspiracy theories then to except that maybe Disney and Anovos had advance 3d scanning tools and access to nothing but the finest TK armor LFL had to offer to a company that just paid billions for the rights. Heaven forbid if they also included that as part of the purchasing agreement.

THIS

to quote a line from gino as comedy " You will have to take my word for it."

Edited by TK bondservnt

Wow, I'm loving this thread.

It makes me want to go out and assemble a, let's call it, Frankenstein set of TK armour, with what I consider to be the best looking parts from a whole host of makers. Then resculpt each part enough to say it's different, then go into production and sell my version of TK armour to the troops. Would that make me a recaster!!!! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh and I left off, be very cagey about were I got all the parts from, and how much work I did to change it.

Oh and I left off, be very cagey about were I got all the parts from, and how much work I did to change it.

comedy is always welcome... along with many other emotions and opinions!  Photos probably work better.

Edited by TK bondservnt
  • Like 1

These pictures are no help, heres actual side by side of my RS chest and back next to Anovos chest and back. I can post more these were on my computer.

RS left, ANOVOS Right

25931089074_ea56d97bbc_c.jpg

RS on the right, ANOVOS on the left

25933163343_8e4a77c219_c.jpg

RS AP ANOVOS

25931089464_fbc1513893_c.jpg

26263190110_b6b823a846_c.jpg

• Like 5

These pictures are no help, heres actual side by side of my RS chest and back next to Anovos chest and back. I can post more these were on my computer.

Good effort but the naysayers will argue they can from any source. The things we need to compare are the parts I donated and the parts Rob sculpted:

-Left forearm

-Left bicep

-Shoulder straps

-Knee plate

-Hand plates

-Ab buttons

• Like 3

These are the added parts to the RS?

Yes, the RS kit contains some parts made by TM he donated for them to have a complete set since their suit was missing some pieces. And Some parts were sculpted by RS themselves and should be unique to their kit.

This is well known, because it's always been like this since their first kit sold. And they have been very transparent about it too.

Wow, I'm loving this thread.

It makes me want to go out and assemble a, let's call it, Frankenstein set of TK armour, with what I consider to be the best looking parts from a whole host of makers. Then resculpt each part enough to say it's different, then go into production and sell my version of TK armour to the troops. Would that make me a recaster!!!! ;)

hahaha put me down for a kit mate

• Like 1

Are you expecting Anovos to list the source of every part that was scanned and what work they did to the model for each part? That would be a long list.

Saying the Anovos kit is based on any single source appears to be inaccurate. Perhaps certain parts are based on non screen used parts. Are there certain screen used parts that are not known to exist anymore?

No I was just keeping levity in this thread, personally It doesn't bother me where Anovos did or didn't get there bits from, but honesty is always the best policy.

Yes, the RS kit contains some parts made by TM he donated for them to have a complete set since their suit was missing some pieces. And Some parts were sculpted by RS themselves and should be unique to their kit.

This is well known, because it's always been like this since their first kit sold. And they have been very transparent about it too.

So would it be fair to say that technically all armor is essentially a mutt, some obviously being more accurate than others? 

So would it be fair to say that technically all armor is essentially a mutt, some obviously being more accurate than others? 

Not all armour.