Is this vintage graflex legit

jonbenm

Looks pretty legit. The clamp lever is solid, the clamp lettering looks correct as does the pommel lettering.<br><br>

There's a few tells with the screws I can't make out due to the resolution of the photos.<br><br>

Here's a good link to refer to.<br>

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=144206'>http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=144206</a>

• Like 1

I have a droid caller that I thought was legit, but It's most likely Parks. If it feels new, with sharp edges, it's most likely a reproduction. I read that Parks bought and resurrected Graflex, won a lawsuit as a defendant against LFL and has been making graflex parts ever since.

It's still a nice looking piece and worthhaving, depending on your cost in this trade. Good luck.

Me neither.

But have a look at the black insert - it´s way more shiny than any of my Graflexes AND where the small hole inside is visible, there should be a big hole for a lightbulb going close to the opposite wall. And the little brass contact are like brand new.

Also the red button seems to shiny, same for the glass eye.

Clamp looks legit, the 2 body parts are maybe real. The missing rod/rivet/screw of the bunny ears would be a great help, it´s missing is not the best sign. Screw would be a clear sign for a replica, taking it out muddies the water.

My guess would be parts of a vintage Graflex combined with replica parts to look like the real deal.

• 1 month later...

Aye.

But it´s still no wasted time, sharing infos is never a bad thing - it may help other people to make a decision when looking for a Graflex some day.

Real Graflexes are now so expensive (even a good replica is today easily 200 bucks, too) that some people may try to shady things a little bit, hoping to get a better price.