Stormtrooper Pauldron allowed?

I was shopping today and stopped by the toy isle to check out some SW stuff. One thing caught my eye. A Sandtrooper 12 inch figure. I checked it out and noticed that it did not have a backpack or blaster riffle. It was equipped with an E11.

My question is, I have TK Armor on order already, but are pauldrons allowed with troopers or would I need to have the backpack and rifle to be considered a sandtrooper? I always thought the pauldrons were a nice touch, but I don't want to go against 501st code.

I'm not in the market for the backpack and rifle right now so if this does not qualify, I will stick to what I have coming and work on it in the future.

Thanks for the feedback!!

"Open the blast doors! Open the blast doors!!"

• Like 1

Heavy Weapons Trooper is what you would want to look into. Sandtroopers helmets would be weathered, as well as painted different and therefore not interchangeable. HWT would require a belt that you can remove the drop boxes for level 2 approval. Other than that, build a back pack, buy a Pauldron , get yourself a BFG and you can moonlight your TK as a HWT. Please someone tell me what I'm overlooking.

• Like 1

Not all Sandys wear backpacks. Some just the pauldron and ammo pouches. Pauldrons are okay for non formal troops like conventions and what not. Also the HWT does wear them. Some TKs are seen in Star Wars Rebels with pauldrons, but never in the movies. Perhaps Rogue One will change that

• Like 1

Heavy Weapons Trooper is what you would want to look into. Sandtroopers helmets would be weathered, as well as painted different and therefore not interchangeable. HWT would require a belt that you can remove the drop boxes for level 2 approval. Other than that, build a back pack, buy a Pauldron , get yourself a BFG and you can moonlight your TK as a HWT. Please someone tell me what I'm overlooking.

E-11s are acceptable for HWT as well, as with the SE-14R :)

• Like 1

There are also other differences in the Sandie and the HWT..  HWT's, while permitted to carry an E-11, do not wear a holster, and are required to wear a pack, and they differ greatly from the Sandie ones.  Sandie armor is also different, as in the sniper knee plate and ab-button set-up.

Normally, regular OT TKs do not wear pauldrons.  There are several GREAT HWT pack builds available here...  I used a mash-up between Tony's (ukswrath)  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30034-hwt-backpack-build-part-1/ and Charles' (Templar726)   http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30222-templars-hwt-pack-build/.  If you need any info. on becoming a Heavy Weapons Trooper, just PM me, and I'll be glad to help you out.

Well I just spoke with RS and being that they did not start my armor, they gave me the option to switch to a Sandtrooper. The build will take longer but the result will be amazing. It will include the heavy blaster and the E11. The pauldron and the back back. My gut is telling me to go for it!!

Edited by DarthShinzu

Well I just spoke with RS and being that they did not start my armor, they gave me the option to switch to a Sandtrooper. The build will take longer but the result will be amazing. It will include the heavy blaster and the E11. The pauldron and the back back. My gut is telling me to go for it!!

Nice, I didn't even know that was an option. It wasn't an option kit commission when I looked. :( 

Something to consider, if your shoot for S.W.A.T. level it will require a specific weathering depending on which trooper you want to emulate. They are not the same.  ;)

So....orange?? If you go TD and plan on achieving Swat, you need orange. I like the way black looks though too lol

Actually it's Orange or White

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showforum=44