TK-28401 Sounding Off

I posted this on my garrison forum, but thought I'd also share this here:

My wife and I got married in 2014 and as a huge surprise to us, my mother-in-law arranged for some members of the CCG (Capital City Garrison) to surprise us after the ceremony. I was pretty flabbergasted and didn't even catch on till a few minutes later when a TK asked to see my identification.

I had heard of the 501st Legion before, but had never really looked into it that much. Our daughter was born in October 2015 and a few weeks later, we were in the ICU at CHEO (Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario) since she had a heart condition. Thankfully, that's all under control now, though we do visit CHEO on a monthly basis, but we were treated so well by everyone at CHEO that I started to think about how I could give back in some way. I had also previously been involved with Skate4Cancer, with funds raised going to the Canadian Cancer Society and the Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation (like pretty much everyone these days, my family's been impacted by cancer).

So in January 2016, the thoughts about the 501st that had been floating around in my head since my wedding started to come to the forefront. I started doing some research and spent a lot of time on the FISD. I originally wanted to do an FOTK, but since the armour was not easily available, and someone in the garrison was selling his ATA armour, I jumped at the opportunity. I got that BBB in mid-February, spent all my spare time on my build, and was finally approved on 13 Apr 2016. I really never expected that I would finish this project so quickly. My initial goal was to finish by the end of summer!

I wanted to give a quick thanks to everyone who checked in and gave feedback on my build thread. Couldn't have done it without you!
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great Story!! One of the main reasons why we join is to give back to those in need! Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing Luc! Yours is a beautiful story, and I'm happy to hear that all is well with your daughter!

• Like 1