Jimmiraquois First Order Stormtrooper Build

Hey guys. Regarding paint. I can tell you for sure that the Krylon gloss white will crack. I am refinishing an entire kit that was painted with this. I still have not settled on a replacement paint. Doing alot of research on auto and marine paints at the moment. Also, from what I am learning so far from others and from a good friend who paints cars, it's a really good idea to clear coat so that you can buff out scuffs and scratches and keep from having to repaint again down the road. Just a little info I'm hearing. Hope it helps.

Edited by BlackFrown72

GOOD job and great thread, thanks a ton! As I'm on Jim's waiting list for a Phasma kit, I try to learn how to finish/assemble it while waiting for it. The posts here helped me so much although I'll have to deal with chroming Phasma...

• Like 1

congrats, your build is inspiring, im going to be using it a lot for refrence when my kit gets here next month.

Did you have any problems with the gaskets from FN, as ive got mine ordered

No problems yet! I'm thinking I might sew the elbow gaskets to the shoulder gaskets, so it's one long sleeve. This will prevent the elbow gaskets from sliding down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wanted to share a preview of a photoshoot i did today with Jim's armor.  More to come!

13323773_10208779068388320_6333780700647

13323658_10208779141070137_7410388576195

13383373_277387125943846_1166664731_o_zp

Hey Evin,

Great build thread mate....The suit looks really good on you.

I'm just starting my build with Jim's V3 kit. 

I noticed with your forearms the clasp greeblies spaces on the underside haven't been filled? I was under the impression that they should be filled?

I know in Jim's PDF instructional guide he states to fill the unused spaces on the underside.

I've tried to source a screen grab to show the forearm underside and the only one I found was this - 

02271373-93A1-46C6-83B3-BA59E50F12C4_zps

So I'm thinking there should be no greblies recess's visible on the underside....Unless you or anyone else knows otherwise?

So I'm thinking there should be no greblies recess's visible on the underside....Unless you or anyone else knows otherwise?

You are correct. But correct me if I'm wrong, the CRL does not state that it needs to be smooth on the bottom side on that two greeblies on the top sides. Technically you could get away with it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Evin,

Great build mate...I've followed it closely...I'm working on my V3 kit from Jim.

Can I ask how you assembled your shins and what method you used to close them!

Did you use magnets or velcro to close the outer and inner seams or are there other ways?

Cheers