Jason10012's AM 2.0 Build Thread

I think it would look more defined if you adjust or pad the chest armour to make a more vertical line with the ab plate. Most of us with the over 40 yr old belly have that issue.

I think it would look more defined if you adjust or pad the chest armour to make a more vertical line with the ab plate. Most of us with the over 40 yr old belly have that issue.

I appreciate the feedback brother thank you. Hopefully it won't be an issue when I submit but if it does then at least I'll have a place to start.

Im sure its fine man. It will help the chest piece sit more horizontal and make room for an icomm and aker in the chest :-)

Edited by sylverbard

• 3 weeks later...

Well after quite some time I figured I needed to add some missing pictures of things I did to my build like how we painted it and the inside of my bucket and how I mounted the fans.

My bucket looks so photo-shopped in this picture. Just goes to show how white it originally was.

20160529_174408_zpsboi2eqya.jpg

20160529_164157_zpsewbqedma.jpg

20160529_174400_zpsnehd8wbl.jpg

I need to be able to transport my gear so I picked this up at Walmart for about 30.00. I plan to upgrade to a husky bin later but I needed something to get my armor to the armor parties and once I got approved to be able to take it to troops.

20160521_171641_zps9yjam1xw.jpg

Last was the upgrades to my bucket. I took an old pair of eye glass frames I had and took the lenses out and tapped them to the inside of the green lenses so I could see. I also installed the 4 fans with an Anker battery pack.

20160609_184332_zpsdh5aaz0j.jpg

20160604_212933_zps0fgtvtt8.jpg

Now that I got those last few pictures posted here are the real pictures we all want to see. Here are my approved submission photos. I was approved this morning by my GML I'm just waiting on the email from the 501st to make it official and get my TKID #.

20160614_221529_zpsql0wq5c2.jpg

20160614_221557_zpsg0miw6ux.jpg

20160614_221542_zpsjui2ippe.jpg

20160614_221550_zpsitr2wbd7.jpg

20160614_222040_zpsbbjwdt8v.jpg

These are the additional photos that my GML wanted, which include the gap on the side between the kidney and abdomen pieces. She wanted little to no gap, which is technically a level 2 detail, I had already built my armor to level 3 so it was just a matter of suiting back up and taking these photos. Lastly she wanted a picture without the pauldron on too.

20160615_220957_zps9tnz46s5.jpg

20160615_221009_zpsn7w66qph.jpg

20160615_221124_zpssdca6e9o.jpg

20160615_221130_zpsbarovfmb.jpg

20160615_221228_zpsmwtx66up.jpg

Lastly these are the pictures we took in case I needed any detail photos, These were not asked for but I'm including them here just the same.

20160614_221627_zpsjcv0vmgr.jpg

20160614_221614_zpsqlwlmr9n.jpg

20160614_221620_zps5bkkqho2.jpg

20160614_221608_zpszqxxrezn.jpg

Its been a long time to get here, even though its really only been 6 months, and it feels amazing to finally be approved. I cant wait till I get that email with my TKID # and its truly official and I get to join the 9500 brothers and sisters worldwide and help do my part in the 501st.

• Like 1

Looking awesome Jason. Hope to see it in real life one day. I like the idea with the sunglass lenses behind the green lenses. I will have to try that out.

Those are my prescription lenses, the dark green lenses work great in the sunlight. And you'll see it soon enough I'll be in the parade next Saturday if your going and I'll be at the owls game that same night

I also have the AM 2.0 and am really struggling with closing the ear gap.

If I squeeze the face and back together at the curves and squeeze the war, I can get them to fit really well, but when I install the screws the plastic isn't strong enough to keep it in place so the huge gap comes back.

It looks like if I were to trim the top (circle) of the ears to be shorter it might line up but I'd have to trim quite a bit. I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it.

Do you have any more detailed suggestions on how you closed that gap?

I also have the AM 2.0 and am really struggling with closing the ear gap.

If I squeeze the face and back together at the curves and squeeze the war, I can get them to fit really well, but when I install the screws the plastic isn't strong enough to keep it in place so the huge gap comes back.

It looks like if I were to trim the top (circle) of the ears to be shorter it might line up but I'd have to trim quite a bit. I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it.

Do you have any more detailed suggestions on how you closed that gap?

I ended up sanding the top part of the ear to shorten it which helped pull the ear in closer, and I did some sanding along the rest to help match the curve better. It also helped to push the ear tight into the bucket and drill a new hole on the bottom, but be careful when I did that I cracked the ear and had to take it off a 3rd time and fix it