RS Commissions...

I've been looking through other members EIB & Centurion request submissions and have notice for centurion they are often asked to remove the sniper plate and raise it in the outer ridge (left side)

Is this a usual thing that needs to be done with RS commissions?

If so what are they held on with (glue wise) and are they easily removable?

The build date for mine is in 6 days the wait however seems to have been 6yrs

that's no moon, Kim Kardashian is bending over again...

Edited by AWOL
  • Like 2

I feel you, has gone 6  weeks on saturday, longest time i have been waiting for something so mutch. 

Wish the time could speed up a bit  :D  :D  :D

Wonder if they hang on Fisd. So they  could look on what they need to change in there builds. 

but what i have read and seen not mutch needs modifications. 

Edited by Subgathory
  • Like 1

Hey Kev, yeah it can be an issue. I had to redo mine. It's not too bad of a deal, you will just need to be extra careful in removing it...exacto knife and a lot of patience. Before putting it back on, I would recommend trimming it so it flows with the side a little better. RS leaves a little rounded edge on the left side which causes it to look like it doesn't line up correctly.

• Like 1

Hey Kev, yeah it can be an issue. I had to redo mine. It's not too bad of a deal, you will just need to be extra careful in removing it...exacto knife and a lot of patience. Before putting it back on, I would recommend trimming it so it flows with the side a little better. RS leaves a little rounded edge on the left side which causes it to look like it doesn't line up correctly.

I've trawled through many many many rs builds and rs advanced tactics posts, yours have been so n this...

I'm about to email rs on an update and I'm just cheeky enough to mention this and ask if it can be done the correct way...

It seems to be (apart from slight strapping alterations for correct fit) the only issue stopping rs from centurion out the box...

I've trawled through many many many rs builds and rs advanced tactics posts, yours have been so n this...

I'm about to email rs on an update and I'm just cheeky enough to mention this and ask if it can be done the correct way...

It seems to be (apart from slight strapping alterations for correct fit) the only issue stopping rs from centurion out the box...

Or maybe they can just send the sniper plate loose from the shin?
  • Like 1

Or maybe they can just send the sniper plate loose from the shin?

Lol I've already mentioned it in an email so either they wont take offence and it will go on right or they will take offence and I'll need to make more alterations too my armour to make basic than you did lol...

Lol I've already mentioned it in an email so either they wont take offence and it will go on right or they will take offence and I'll need to make more alterations too my armour to make basic than you did lol...

Ahem. Doubt it :D

Ahem. Doubt it :D

Well Rob at rs seems to be fine about it...

Quoted from email

Hi Kevin, no please do show us how you require it. We have re worked the knee very recently. The knee is a part that is missing from Simons suit, so I can understand how this does not sit correctly. We made some changes to make it more accurate, in shape and size, so we should be good, again :)

So it seems all should be OK, tell you something though I felt so guilty saying it even though I had the cheek to... it's like telling Joe Satriani how to play a certain part of one of his solos...

But as I've proved to myself over the last couple of days even legends are just people and may have a higher status but in the end they still have to take a dump just like me... (after a little semi argument with the guitar making guru Neal Moser)

• Like 1

I've been looking through other members EIB & Centurion request submissions and have notice for centurion they are often asked to remove the sniper plate and raise it in the outer ridge (left side)

Is this a usual thing that needs to be done with RS commissions?

If so what are they held on with (glue wise) and are they easily removable?

The build date for mine is in 6 days the wait however seems to have been 6yrs

Hi Kev! I didn't have any issues with mine from RS.

Hi Kev! I didn't have any issues with mine from RS.

Yeah my phone loves to auto correct me when I don't pay attention, it was meant to say yours wasn't one of them...

• Like 1

Got mine coming soon also so I can understand the anticipation. RS is on top of their game. Always been very responsive and professional when I have communicated through email & phone. Glad they are aware of this... Can't wait!!

"Open the blast doors! Open the blast doors!!"

• Like 1

Rob from rs sent me these pics of the new plate and how it fits...

2T4lipv.jpg

423wXTD.jpg

ijqdhkH.jpg

New ones looking good...

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

On 4/15/2016 at 7:24 PM, AWOL said:

Rob from rs sent me these pics of the new plate and how it fits...

New ones looking good...

Looks absolutely perfect.

• Like 1

Awesome videos IceStormTK!! I actually viewed these before I signed up for the 501st and joined FISD. I noticed that RS posted them on their FB page as well. Kudos my man!! I'll definitely be using that as a reference when I am trying on my armor for the first time :)

"Open the blast doors! Open the blast doors!!"

• Like 1

Mine came with the lowered sniper plate. Did anyone that adjusted there's have any issue getting rid of the glue mark it left? As its super glue they're using its going to be difficult to get rid of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I got my RS armour the sniper plate was lower than the required position too, but the one in the pics that Rob sent look the business, love seeing a nicely aligned sniper plate :duim:

It does look pretty doesn't it...

Build day for my commission, TOMORROW

• Like 2