My AP helmet Strikes Back

Ok so with the excellant ESB sticker run from chazz and mike i wanted to do something with my AP lid as as it sat next to my painted TE and TE2 it was looking greyer than John Major. Something had to be done..

So i peeled off the old stickers and removed the lense and rubber trim and hovis and it was out with the humbrol. Im so impressed by the way this paint makes a helmet look real and used and i wanted all my lids to match too.

I also reshaped the sty in the right eye, its still there but alot less pronounced than it used to be. I know for esb they were all but gone but i like the look.

I also cut out the teeth some more, just so they were a little larger.

After 3 coats of sloppy paint i added the hand details last night and today put on the stickers and rebuilt the rest up.

LXpxU6c.jpg

uNEmyIW.jpg

65zwDQZ.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Guest TK-2416

Wow!! That is one great helmet!! Look awesome.. cant wait to get mine!!

You need to make a photoshot, where you have all the helmets set-up!! I would love to see that!!

Cheers mate

TK-2416 said:
Wow!! That is one great helmet!! Look awesome.. cant wait to get mine!!

You need to make a photoshot, where you have all the helmets set-up!! I would love to see that!!

Cheers mate

Like this?

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Guest TK-2416

that is great.. I h...a...v...e.... n...o..... w....o...r.....d...s......

AP on top - TE left and TE2 right?

Complete collection or looking for more??+

AP esb in top, TE2 anh stunt on left and TE hdpe sandy on the right of picture.

Im looking at expanding my small collection of helmets, i need a trooping worthy sandy and would love a rotj next me thinks :D

Mark,

A fantastic helmet and great collection. ROTJ one next?

ESB is my favourite one out the three OT. What paint did you use and where did you get it from?

I have a HDPE TE and want to turn it into a ESB.

Does any one also know where to get the rubber trim for the underside edge? I need some of that as well.

Thanks for any help.

Hi David i use humbrol paint #22 and like the result. With the trim you need to get it from seals direct, US52 for the brow and SWR150 for the neck, although the neck trim is a rounder profile nowadays the original was more square i believe..

Mark,

A fantastic helmet and great collection. ROTJ one next?

ESB is my favourite one out the three OT. What paint did you use and where did you get it from?

I have a HDPE TE and want to turn it into a ESB.

Does any one also know where to get the rubber trim for the underside edge? I need some of that as well.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks Thayne, its a small collection, but growing :D

Hopefully mine will be growing soon. I just have my TE2 and FX helmet right now. I am planning on doing a ANH sandy and a ESB helmet in the near future.

Did you spray the lid in white paint or is it the original abs color?

Hi i have hand painted this with a brush using enamal paint, as it was looking rather grey next to my other helmets. I think it made a vast improvement to the overall look :)