SpiceCredits ANH Stunt Build Thread [AP]

Quick question. I'm going to make the bicep hooks soon out of some spare ABS. Can I use boiling water for that? No heat gun over here, and if I could save some money that would be great. lol

Sure can. I made them that way.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Quick question. I'm going to make the bicep hooks soon out of some spare ABS. Can I use boiling water for that? No heat gun over here, and if I could save some money that would be great. lol

You can try using an iron, place the abs between two white moist face clothes. Do a test run on scrap abs to see how much heat you need.

• Like 1

Ok guys and gals…Are you ready for an image dump?? lol

I completed my helmet today, so I have photos of that to share and also some things I did today while I was stuck at home with a dead car battery. I also have finished bicep and shoulder bells to show because I don't think I have shown those yet.

I cut out the thighs and shins today also, but I haven't trimmed to my size yet or sanded, so those photos will come a little later.

I'm going to be assembling the forearm halves together tomorrow night. 

Here are the photos! I'm pretty happy with how my bucket turned out. Hope you guys like it! (Dun Dun Dunnnn…)

IMG_4877_zpslrkchw7a.jpg

IMG_4878_zpse9fh127s.jpg

IMG_4879_zps3adwytx5.jpg

IMG_4883_zpsqntesudv.jpg

IMG_4896_zpscvracirm.jpg

The frown mesh idea was one I got from JoblessPunk's build thread. I thought it was a pretty nice approach. It's some kind of kid's foam sheet that I cut out, and E-6000'd to the mesh. It's held to the helmet but duct tape rolled over in small strips to be "double-sided".

IMG_4897_zpsvtukvfxe.jpg

IMG_4886_zpsdinxzmtk.jpg

Here are some paint detail shots, because I know my lighting sucks. The tube stripe paint is currently drying and the gloss, along with the light's reflection, give some a spotty look, but they aren't. :) I'm proud of my shakey hand for doing as well as it did with the toothpicks and thinner! lol
IMG_4884_zpsd74my5ma.jpg

IMG_4885_zpsm9nvlemz.jpg

IMG_4899_zpswrm2bn6g.jpg

IMG_4900_zpsoembfvna.jpg

IMG_4901_zpsszh9unaf.jpg

IMG_4902_zpsuntppekl.jpg

Here's what else I did today…

IMG_4887_zpswlrp6ruf.jpg

IMG_4888_zpsdkeqba0f.jpg

IMG_4889_zps4wstrt4y.jpg

IMG_4890_zpspecu8834.jpg

And here are the biceps and bells. I still need to add my snap plates to the inner bell and to biceps... Just haven't gotten there yet.

IMG_4891_zpsp5gl8nwr.jpg

IMG_4893_zps9ezswbjj.jpg

IMG_4894_zpshxvdowte.jpg

The End.

• Like 3

Also, there are still some light pencil marks for lining the tube stripes, but those will come off after the paint drys. :) 

Oh, and I'll eventually get rid of the foam liner and probably go full-on hard hat liner. :P

Looks awesome! I'm going with the hard hat liner myself. I like the idea of the fans being able to move the air around my head better without a block of foam obstructing the flow.

Jim M.

• Like 1

Here are some photos from the work I have done today and last night.

I started on some strapping. The 3 black ones are going to be used for the functional rivets in the left of the ab/kidney. I plan to add 2 more additional snap plate sets in between the functional rivets for a little more security. The white ones will be for the chest/back connection at the shoulders. They will connect to double snap plates in the respective locations. I don't have a sewing machine, so I have been sewing them by hand. They seem secure and weren't too bad to do.

IMG_4907_zpsds7i8g8x.jpg

The ab buttons will be done curing in a few hours
IMG_4908_zpshcyq5j35.jpg

Butt snap plates being added

IMG_4909_zpsknrhvfyc.jpg

Forearms will be married in a few hours and I'll be adding cover strips tonight. I also am painting the new rivets for my left ab/kidney strapping. I ended up buying centurion rivets to replace the ones I originally had. These are the correct 8mm head.
IMG_4910_zps2wifz8q6.jpg

Kidney snap plates are ready to go!
IMG_4911_zpswds6rqow.jpg

More to come later!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

• Like 2

Looking good! I did a ton of trimming and got my arms all glued together this weekend. I'm trying to work out a majority of the "pokey" edges before installing my strapping as sanding anything once it's all together will be much trickier. I'll address "pinch points" later. I've realized that a lot of the return edges have to be trimmed even more for my comfort As they say, "It's easier to take off than put back on!"

Jim

• Like 1

Looking good! I did a ton of trimming and got my arms all glued together this weekend. I'm trying to work out a majority of the "pokey" edges before installing my strapping as sanding anything once it's all together will be much trickier. I'll address "pinch points" later. I've realized that a lot of the return edges have to be trimmed even more for my comfort As they say, "It's easier to take off than put back on!"

Jim

Thanks! Yea, I may be taking off a little more (or just get rid of) from the tops of the forearms too. I tried them on before adding my cover strips last night. I think I may end up having some slight rubbing that I'll need to address.

Edited by SpiceCredits
  • Like 1

My issue was more the whole torso area. Digging just a bit on the sides into my ribs and the biceps too. I work out on a regular basis, well I did up until my new job 5 months ago, and I may have trimmed almost too much off when assembling. They are almost too tight but if I take off another 1/16" all around the inside I should be good to go.

Jim

Edited by MoSc0ut

My torso turned out pretty snug and holds up (haven't strapped it yet) on its own so far. I rounded off all edges to help with poking and I haven't had an issue yet. I pretty much stay the same size, so I should be good. <br><br>

Just put the arms on to see how they felt and there's no pinching... Just a smidge tight on the upper area. It may be a good thing and help the arms stay in place, but feels a little tight. May just trim the return edge a little in the cover strip area (at its tightest) and contour out to meet the rest.

• Like 2

I ended up completing the clam-shell of the left ab/kidney late last night (minus the additional snaps I'll be adding). Basically I just got the functional rivets all connected. I'll have to repaint the rivets though. I had them drying for like 3 days and the paint was still semi-soft. So when I was hammering the rivets in place, the paint smudged. Kinda bummed, but oh well... easy fix. Just when I thought the painting was over...

Photos to come later this evening.

• Like 1

Nice! Get it while the gettin's good! lol

I'm planning on getting the remainder of my right/left and cod snap plates in place. I'm also going to start getting the webbing/elastic straps made so I can start piecing this sucker together!

Oh, and repainting the left side rivets... Ugh.. 

Edited by SpiceCredits
  • Like 1