SpiceCredits ANH Stunt Build Thread [AP]

Ok, I finished trimming and sanding the left forearm, bicep, and shoulder bell. Afterwards, I tried both arms on in a rough tape-fit.

I added detailed shots of the return edges this time. The right arm is basically the same in regards to return edges. 

Please disregard the outer bicep's top return edge. I took these pics before I trimmed it down WAY more. I thought having them bigger there would be OK since it wasn't seen and because is sorta cradled my arm more... BUT I notice it rubs this time AND I didn't even keep in mind that the strapping there would be problematic. lol Derp.

IMG_4781_zpsuucqxyql.jpg

Shoulder bell

IMG_4780_zpsv6kq0fjk.jpg

Forearm at the wrist

IMG_4776_zpsizfrexqw.jpg

Forearm at the elbow
IMG_4777_zps6en2hsb0.jpg

IMG_4778_zps8rhidugz.jpg

Bicep at the elbow
IMG_4773_zpswivqtrca.jpg

IMG_4775_zpshm3uafqd.jpg

Bicep at the shoulder

IMG_4774_zpswsk9cyyy.jpg

Rough fitted with tape
IMG_4782_zps0kxvwfhh.jpg

IMG_4783_zps4fag2all.jpg

IMG_4784_zpswdazpund.jpg

You still have return edge on the top of the wrist and a little on the left side where the cover strip will go in that photo. Chop it off! Hahah.

• Like 1

Awesome. Will do! At the forearm dimple (1 of 11), the one closest to the wrist... How close to that do I cut? I don't trim so close that I cut into the dimple do I?  Does the inside of the dimple stay surrounded by it's corners, or do I open into that with trimming. That's one thing that always seemed confusing or strange to me. I'll Check out some Centurion requests to get a better idea. Thanks for letting me know! I started to do it, but it felt awkward in my eyes.

Nah, I'm sure others are checking in! I might just be checking in at the right times that I answer your questions. If I get something wrong, someone else will chime in for sure!

• Like 1

Hey, Luc. I cleaned up the forearm's wrist return edge. These look way more correct, thanks! :) It also gives me a tad more room between my bicep . Win wiin! What do you think? 

Other than that, I just cut some cover strips tonight.

Right arm
IMG_4795_zpsurhywkq5.jpg

IMG_4796_zps2nn0ssej.jpg

Left arm

IMG_4793_zpsq5d9bskp.jpg

IMG_4794_zps4yfzrq3p.jpg

Hey guys! 

I went and picked up my nylon and elastic this morning. Did I do this right?

1" Nylon for snap plates…and ab to kidney (or is it elastic? I feel like I have seen both.)
⅛" Elastic (white/braided) for strapping down the shoulder straps
1" Elastic (white/braided) for drop boxes
1" Elastic (black/braided) for shoulder bells strapping and for around biceps
2" Elastic (white/knit) for chest to back
2" Elastic (black/knit) for forearms to bicep
3" Elastic (black/knit) for thighs 

IMG_4800_zpsca2zhv4m.jpg

Also I've read I need to get a Loctite glue to adhere the hand guards to the gloves... Is that correct? Does anyone know which Loctite to get?  I read E-6000 won't hold.

Oh, and what size rivets do I need to attach the ABS piece to the canvas belt in those 3 spots? I can't seem to find it. I know it's those long ones that you use a faster tool for, but not sure what specific size.

THANKS!! :)

Edited by SpiceCredits

I did some painting today. Let me know what you think!

I'm happy with the tears (still need striping). I'm happy with the vocoder. The ears are ok, I guess. The traps will be better tomorrow after I add some grey and tighten the outlines more (and add striping)...they got a little out of control with my shake hands. lol I also started the ab buttons. Hand painting is hard! omg. Hats off to all the people who painted their helmets!!!

IMG_4801_zps3tfvq2py.jpg

IMG_4802_zpscwmbzmyy.jpg

IMG_4803_zpsgopjc6fk.jpg

IMG_4804_zpskzfee88c.jpg

IMG_4805_zpstsf9c8qs.jpg

IMG_4806_zpsznuhbwqg.jpg

IMG_4807_zpsvdidbjcd.jpg

IMG_4808_zpsfh2smfmm.jpg

IMG_4809_zpsutz3ck3d.jpg

Edited by SpiceCredits

Ugh... Yes painting

I found that if use painters tape to act as guides you can use toothpicks and a very small amount of paint thinner with q-tips to clean up the exterior edges as well as use the tape again to tape off the black to where you want your interior lines to fall - and use grey paint to cover over any over-spilled black paint if that makes sense.

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

I used e6000 on my gloves(Centurion level)... I don't plan on using them anyway. They are to hot to troop in. So the e6000 holding won't be an issue since the only time they will be used is for my submission photos. My trooping gloves have Velcro sewed on them to hold my hand plates on. <br>

Kits looking good! Keep going trooper!

Edited by Dougal
  • Like 2

Hi guys! <br><br>

I was hoping to post pics of my helmet today, but I decided to tighten up the trap and tear outlines some more and clean up my stripes just a hair first. <br><br>

I should be posting pics tomorrow. I think I'll have it all done minus tube stripes by then. <br><br>

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

• Like 1

Ok, so here she is... minus tube stripes (waiting on mask to arrive), mesh, and painted ear screws. Lens is installed, but the lighting in my apartment sucks. :/ I'll post better photos in the daylight later.

There are some gaps in the lenses, but hopefully it's not too big of a deal.

IMG_4835_zpsrahy9qwp.jpg

IMG_4837_zpscwoqbek1.jpg

IMG_4838_zpseqkx18ge.jpg

IMG_4839_zps1klgdbbh.jpg

IMG_4840_zps5oolljuj.jpg

• Like 2

Ugh... Yes painting

I found that if use painters tape to act as guides you can use toothpicks and a very small amount of paint thinner with q-tips to clean up the exterior edges as well as use the tape again to tape off the black to where you want your interior lines to fall - and use grey paint to cover over any over-spilled black paint if that makes sense.

Thanks for the suggestion! I ended up doing all of those things. :)

• Like 1

Yes, I was catching up on your thread and I was going to suggest cleaning up those lines. Look forward to seeing your progress!

Thanks, yea, I couldn't live with how they were, and definitely made some adjustments. I got as tight as I could with what I felt comfortable doing. My hands aren't the steadiest when I need to be precise...that and I haven't touched paint or a brush in ages! lolol 

Edited by SpiceCredits
  • Like 1

Also, I tried the foam insert for padding but it's way to big. My head won't fit with it in there, and is too loose without. Any thoughts on hard hat liner?<br><br>

Or is there a good way of splitting the foam in half, so that it isn't too thick?

Edited by SpiceCredits
  • Like 1