Bryn's E-11 Doopy Build - Better late than never.

sla73

Nice build, plenty of informative pictures. Nice job of getting the printed power cells looking as smooth as they do.

The weathering looks good, just one observation. It might be the way the light is hitting it but it looks like you have weathered the pistol grip, as far as I am aware it was made of plastic so would not show any signs of silvering.

• Like 1

Nice build, plenty of informative pictures. Nice job of getting the printed power cells looking as smooth as they do.

The weathering looks good, just one observation. It might be the way the light is hitting it but it looks like you have weathered the pistol grip, as far as I am aware it was made of plastic so would not show any signs of silvering.

Thanks kwakermad! re the grip, yes it's just the light, the grip is painted gloss and there's no weathering on that bit.. I still haven't mastered taking photos with my phone.. thanks again

Sent from my SM-T705Y using Tapatalk

Edited by sla73
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Final photos

Okay its seems like this build has been going on for ever, but I think now it is finally at an end.

I want to thank everyone for their comments and help along the way, with special mention to Tino (T-Jay), Arron (usaeatt2), Brian (Bulldog44), Chris (themaninthesuitcase), Dennis (Tr00per), Chris (Thrawn's guard). All of you guys have great build thread which really helped me out in a big way.

So what would I do differently:

• I would do the scope rail fitting before painting - I bought one pre- made from toshie traders. I do like it, but I had to cut it up a bit and fill some holes to get it the way I wanted. The scope and hengsler were mounted too far forward and the front was too high.
  • Will definitely do the crinkle paint on the next one – hopefully a pipe build  
  • Probably wouldn’t use a metallic paint on the undercoats, they seem to come off quite easily when weathering.

I will probably do a bit more weathering as time goes by, adding rust etc.

So anyway here are a few shots and more at this gallery.

http://imgur.com/gallery/eDin7

yDKjI8xl.jpg

3gKiwDYl.jpg

o1VQVl9l.jpg

5EvoAapl.jpg

e5sq7Tzl.jpg

SkzBzWZl.jpg

DXos2DMl.jpg

Anyway thanks everyone for reading and now onto my ATA build.. :salute: 

• Like 3

... and another build comes to an end. Followed this thread with great interest and do really like what you made of it, Bryn. :duim:

Congratulations on this nice looking blaster. You can be proud of your work.

• Like 1

Wonderful build,,, Turned out very nice..  Alot of time went into that !!!!!

http://www.warmachinepaintball.com/

Thanks Mate, yes it was a lengthy build for sure - lots of um-ing and are-ing

... and another build comes to an end. Followed this thread with great interest and do really like what you made of it, Bryn. :duim:

Congratulations on this nice looking blaster. You can be proud of your work.

Cheers Tino, thanks again for your help.. I am quite happy the way it came out!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi Bryn,

Great thread, and a wonderful result! I may have missed it but, do you have any pics or details of the part you made to go inside the barrel please (with the spring and cocking handle attached)? Did you make this using a PVC pipe? I've got my DoopyDoos kit on order and want to be as prepared as possible. 

Many thanks, 

Dan

On 31/07/2017 at 9:59 PM, CableGuy said:

Hi Bryn,

Great thread, and a wonderful result! I may have missed it but, do you have any pics or details of the part you made to go inside the barrel please (with the spring and cocking handle attached)? Did you make this using a PVC pipe? I've got my DoopyDoos kit on order and want to be as prepared as possible. 

Many thanks, 

Dan

Hey there Dan, I will have a look for you..

Have a look at the pic's on my gallery for how i did the bolt etc.. Really it was cosmetic on the outside (ejector port) and I used a marker shoved into a PVC pipe that came with TJ's completion set.. I finished both the outside and the bolt with a flat piece of plastic shaped and glued on..

http://sla73.imgur.com/all/#7

Here is a pic before I painted the barrel/ PVC pipe..

http://i.imgur.com/OQiABnG.jpg

Cheers Bryn

Edited by sla73
  • Like 1

On 02/08/2017 at 1:41 PM, tennantlim said:

I just started on my build and your thread provides a wealth of useful information and tips. Your blaster looks great! 

Thanks Tennant,

It has been a while since i completed this, glad that my build is still getting a few views.. :)

• Like 1